“Amazing experience!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Port Antonio
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our stay at Trident was amazing. Each and every one of the staff was stellar in their service.
They were able to attend to our needs by providing a crib and having it available in the room even before we arrived. Nice touches were having MacTV available in the rooms. The bathroom was luxurious and almost as big as the bedroom!

The hotel grounds are beautiful and paradise would be one word to describe this one of a kind hotel. We have travelled around the world to different hotels and this would rank as the best of best.

The beach is very private and well kept. The infinity pool by the sea provides a sense of serenity and calmness. This resort has a uniqueness in that it easily defines tranquility and luxury. We certainly did not want to leave!

Well done to the staff of Trident!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I recently wed at Trident Villas, followed by an amazing ceremony at the Trident Castle. The entire wedding exceeded my expectations. We felt that the staff was extremely attentive and superb. We enjoyed the privacy and exclusivity that the venue offers. We also found the food and drinks to be exquisite. Waking up to the crashing waves every morning was magical and the private pool was a nice added addition. In summary, our wedding coordinator Shevanise was extremely attentive and followed through on all of our requests. She was patient and very kind. Trident is truly a gem - filled with glamour, privacy and breathtaking views. My husband and I cannot wait to return!

1 Thank Kimbeth106
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We got married and spend part of our honeymoon here, the service was impeccable, the ambience was mesmerizing. The staff went all out to meet our demands and ensure that our Ceremony was one of the best they have ever hosted . Our experience and stay was above measure, we were flattered by the services offered. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to have a grand time and an exceptional experience.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew W
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I happened upon Trident by chance as I was planning a wedding for a very special couple. As this is Jamaica, somebody always knows somebody and I got Shevanise Harrison's name from Robert. She was the point of contact for sales at Trident. We spoke a day before my visit to the hotel and I persuaded her to give me her number. Shevanise agreed to meet on Sunday, her day off anf kept in contact with me until our arrival.
The experience from the first day of meeting her in person right up until execution of the wedding was phenomenal.

She is the true epitome of grace under pressure, and believe you me... I gave her hell.. not once did she wain. Always polite always forthright and always professional. Gives service above and beyond the call of duty.

The physical beauty of the grounds and the structure of the hotel... absolutely breathtaking. Nothing imposes on the natural beauty of the MOST BEAUTIFUL PARISH IN JAMAICA... PORTLAND!!

I have another wedding at Trident as Shevanise could sell an angel wings and I know her unwavering support will make everything run smoothly.

My only critique, the wait staff need to make a little extra effort to smile and be more polite, and food portions need to be improved upon and more attention paid to the choices on the menu....the best thing on it... The Trident Fries. The cost and portions do not match up.

As a boutique hotel, your head of food and beverage could visit locations such as Round Hill and see the portion sizes as well as costs..... and make the improvement.....it is needed!!!

Overall... I had a blast and I would encourage those who can afford it to pay a visit... worth every penny.

Room Tip: All the suites are beautiful.... suite 11, 12 and 13 can host a family of up to 6 or more...and it i...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stephie876
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Words are not enough to express how Thankful we are to Ms. Shevanise and the team at Trident for making our wedding day an extra special day!

Shevanise, Andrea and the team at Trident brought our vision to life and it was nothing short of magical!!! The venue was breath taking...the food exceptional...the staff organized and the team very supportive. All hands were on deck when time came to deliver and the team came together to make things as seamless as possible. At a time when my nerves should have been "shot" I was as calm as ever... because I had the team there working non-stop to create a comfortable relaxing atmosphere for us . My husband and I felt at ease and at home and I cant wait to do it all over again at Trident Castle when celebrating our 5th anniversary.

Thinking of getting married...hosting an event or just getting away for a memorable vacation? Make it Trident! Again, a huge Thanks to Shevanise for making our day a day to remember!!

One Love!
Mr. & Mrs. Courtney Gibbs

1 Thank R C
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We live in Kingston and Portland is our favorite place to visit especially when we have visitors. We always stop by the Trident castle to check out the grounds and cool architecture inside (the tour used to be free, but is now $10) and usually stop by the luxurious Trident hotel next door for a drink (they have a great jazz and sushi night on Saturday as well). The hotel has a black bottom infinity pool that looks like it just continues into the ocean, but if you get up close, you see these black lava rocks in between. Anyway, this past weekend the most amazing thing happened to us there. We stopped by Hotel Trident as we normally do to have drinks at the very cool bar, which specializes in infushions. As we were leaving, I inadvertently left my purse there, and we didn't realize until about 45 minutes from the hotel on our way back to Kingston that it was missing. At that point, we had noticed a car two behind us flashing its lights and trying to pass the car directly behind us, which we thought was strange. When we finally pulled over to turn around and go back, that car pulled over as well, and the parking attendant from the hotel jumped out and handed me my purse! He had caught up with us to deliver it personally after the bartenders had found it. What was even more remarkable was that he refused to even take a dollar for this wonderful service and favor he had done! I quickly called the general manager to thank her and commend her staff as something like this has never happened to me before and shows such quality of a hotel and amazing customer service. I am ever so grateful and plan to stay at the hotel in the near future to express my gratitude in person as well as encourage others to as well. It is rare this day and age that a business will go that far out of their way for a customer; this place is a diamond in the rough!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Nichole G
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My boyfriend (who is from Jamaica) and I (from Canada) wanted to stay for a night in Port Antonio. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the city mainly because of Trident Hotel. Although, we did stay at the castle instead of the newer hotel. The castle is quite nice but needs a bit of an upgrade. However, if you stay are staying at the castle you get to, as well, use the amenities of the newer hotel. That is exactly what my boyfriend and I did. There's a private beach that you could go to. It felt like we had the whole beach to ourselves. They provide you with paddleboats, so we went for a stroll on water with those. You can lounge by the pool for the day, it was breathtaking and the upmost relaxing. The service there was like no other. We grabbed dinner at the restaurant and my boyfriend loved his snapper. Also, they provide you with a complimentary breakfast, they made sure we were stuff 110%. I highly recommend visiting Port Antonio and staying at this particular hotel. The amenities makes up for more than half of your trip on visting Porti.

Room Tip: I stayed at the castle but I am sure the rooms are stunning since they all overlook the water.
3 Thank Jennifer Vy T
#2 of 36 in Ocho Rios
Jamaica Palace Hotel
Jamaica Palace Hotel
#10 of 16 in Port Antonio

Been to The Trident Hotel? Share your experiences!