My friends and I stayed at Goblin Hill Villa #12 on the weekend, OCT 20-22, 2013. We arrived around 6pm and checked in to our villa with the help of Bellhop who used a Hand truck to transport our bags and groceries.
On entering our villa it smelled musty like it had been locked up for a while. I decided to unpack the groceries when I noticed the stove had a missing burner which was camouflaged with foil paper and full of rust from the sea air. Three of the pots used for cooking had a missing handle and looked old. The kitchen cupboards could do with a good coat of paint and they smelled too !! I was wondering if I should unpack or just leave everything in the box.
When I sat down in the Living room sofa, I was shocked to see what looked like a Television from the 70s !!! it was a 13" with a big back extending all the way to the wall and no remote to turn the damn thing on or off. Then the staff turned up with a cable box which never worked and promised to come back the following day with another which never happened.
So far our entire trip, we could only watch CVM or TVJ and had to bundle up like we were at a camp site to watch the TV.
The ceiling fan in the living room seemed like it was tired of running and decided to spin in slow motion.... so I asked the housekeeper to get us a fan that worked. She told us to call the front desk and make a report at which point I asked for the manager.
When he came to our villa, I started to complain at which he made no apologies and made me sound as if I had no right to complain !!! He saw nothing wrong with the stove, told me the owners were pleased with the size of the TVs in the room and the cupboards were fine !!! i think he was rude and was not suited for his position.
When it was time for bed, I made my way upstairs and was greeted by a cockroach sleeping in my bed !! By the time I was through with him, he was no where in sight. At this point I needed to change the sheets and put on some fresh ones which were so washed out and looked like they belonged in the garbage.
The towels in the bathroom seemed brand new and after taking a shower realized I was covered in lint from head to toe !!!
The hot and cold water mixer in the shower seemed to have crossed path and barely worked. The bathroom needs a complete renovation and underneath the face basin was dripping water.
As I lay myself down on the bed with sheets that were not smelling fresh, I decided to turn on the ceiling fan which had so much dirt and seemed liked it had not been cleaned in over a year. I had to quickly turn the fan off and use the ac all night. When we both got up in the morning we could see the dust particles on the not so white sheet.
From the looks of things I could bet the ac filter had not been changed in years.
The next day we had the maintenance crew fixing the leak in the face basin and cleaning the fans.
There was no clock and radio in the entire villa which I thought was strange !!
The grounds at Goblin Hill are beautiful but I wasn't paying all that money to stay outside. I think Management needs to go through and renovate each and every villa. There's an old saying and it goes " You need to spend monies in order to make monies ".
We were very disappointed with our accomodation and would not be recommending this property to anyone who wishes to visit Portland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goblin Hill Villas at San San Bay sits on twelve acres of lawns and gardens, overlooking sparkling Jamaican white sand beaches and turquoise Caribbean water.All of our spacious villas are self-contained, with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining rooms, and a wide covered terrace or balcony with its own view over the Bay.The villas open onto wide expanses of lawns and gardens. All bedrooms have private bathrooms, air-conditioning and ceiling fans.Each villa is staffed with a friendly housekeeper to prepare and serve meals, do your shopping and carry out all house- keeping duties. You will find she is also your unofficial ambassador to Jamaica. Our housekeepers are versatile cooks and can prepare local cuisine, as well as international dishes using locally available produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Goblin Hill Villas at San San reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goblin Hill Villas Hotel Port Antonio
- Goblin Hill Hotel
- Goblin Hill Port Antonio
- Goblin Hill Villas At San San Jamaica/Port Antonio