If you reading this i'm sure you read the other reviews. I'll tell you, the good things said about the great huts really can't explain how cool it is. So, i'm telling you if you are thinking about going to the great huts, Go! My wife and i have been twice and we will coninue to go back. We chill, surf, hang with the staff and other locals at the jerk center, walk down the road stopping at little rum shacks, hang out at the chill out bar, walk to grocery store up the road, just whatever, it's great.
I've been to jamaica 4 times, 2 resorts and twice to the great huts with my wife. There is no comparison in the two. I will never go to another resort, but i want to experience jamaica, not concrete jungles.
You can get a good idea of what to expect at the greats huts from the other reviews, but i will advise to take water shoes for the grounds and water, and flip flops for around your hut or tent.
A few points: great food at reasonable prices, helpful and freindly staff, that part of the island is not developed and the locals are friendly and we feel safe. the bugs didn't bother us we didn't even pull down the bed nets.
I can't say enough about the great huts and the people who work there. Like i said, if you are thinking about going to jamaica or the great huts and the reviews describe anything that sounds interesting to you, go there because words can't descibe the experience you can have at the great huts.
Beau and Heidi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge is an oceanfront resort on the lush northeastern tip of Jamaica. Modeled after a traditional West African coastal village, at once both rough-hewn and modern, it is a convergence of nature, heritage, spirituality and technology. Off the beaten path, but not far from the bustle and night life of Boston Bay and Port Antonio, Great Huts' jungle-cliff-beach habitat is a distinctive ecological and cultural experience. The Africana House, a Rastafari Mansion by the Sea with high ceilings and Ethiopian-inspired decor throughout, has a spacious communal room, four regal bedrooms, a 5,000-square-foot rooftop deck and a lotus-shaped deep water pool, resting atop five acres braided with intriguing caves and hiking trails. Great Huts is perfect for the adventurer in all of us, an intimate yet communal getaway or a secluded corporate retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio