“Great...Paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 25 Port Antonio B&B and Inns
Florence, Italy
“Great...Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I've been there with my girlfriend and I really hope to come back soon. Boston Bay is one of the greatest place in Jamaica! In Great Hits you live an experience not only a holiday! Also when we had a problem during one night with a "little animal" the security boy was very helpfull and kind! Staff is perfect and like also people who live outside. Say "Hello" to Ramon from Carlo and Marta!!!
And a big hug to all of you...

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carlognolo
GreatHuts P, Guest Relations Manager at Great Huts, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Happy New Year to you. Thank you for spending time writing about your stay with us at Great Huts. We loved having you stay here and it is important we get feedback from all our guests. We hope to see you back here again. Enjoy The New Year from all the team at GH.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I returned to Great Huts again (this time with 7 other women) and it was even more spectacular than before. The owner has added several new huts and tree houses as well as an incredible pool. The view from the pool was breathtaking! Several in our group (including me) took yoga classes and had massages-outside!!! That was also fantastic. The food service was great, as was the bar service (terrific specialty drinks) and the Saturday evening show. We all enjoyed the staff, the art and the artifacts around the property. We also went to the falls (with tour guide Leonard-as for him) and on a fun boat ride. Other days, we hung out at the beach on the property. This was one of my most memorable, enjoyable and interesting trips and I look forward to going again. The owner is really a creative genius who care very much about the comfort and happiness of his guests. 5 stars for this one of a kind eco-resort. If you are interesting in really seeing paradise on the edge, this is the place.

Room Tip: The Queen of Sheba is amazing, but I also love the Almond Tree and Bamboo Tree House. As long as you...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank shelleyrlev
Thank you so much for coming back. We hope that your next visit will be less that two years from your visit to us in 2011. We love looking after our guests which is truly helped by our magical spot here at Boston Bay. Happy New Year to you, from all the team at Great Huts !
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had the privilege of enjoying New Years at Great Huts this year. It was completely amazing and more than I could have hoped for.

Best Parts:
Service - the service staff are friendly and open and clearly invested in the vision of Great Huts in providing education and service in the tourism industry. That said, there is also a family vibe! We even enjoyed a New Year's bonfire together - staff and guests. The staff also treated our two daughters with the perfect amount of doting to allow my friend and I some much needed relaxing. Anything you need, the staff sees to it with humor and grace and a whole lot of Jamaica savvy.

The place.
Best night sky I've ever seen is at the start of the snake path.
Awesome eclectic international themed huts (So fun, so GREAT)
Private beach with hammocks and views
A zoo! Bunnies and parrots and tortoises oh my'
A library!
Made to order delicious food and cocktails
Location location location - remote enough to be off the grid but an easy place to explore all the area has to offer (Boston Jerk, Waterfalls, coconut groves, Port Antonio, rafting tours oh my)
The guests - the forward vision of Dr Paul's sustainable artistic Eco humanist vacation alternative attracts a special type of vacationer - everyone we met was cool and friendly and wanted more than just a typical resort experience.

I am just home today and already devising how I can return and bring more friends or possibly offer a retreat for my business (a yoga studio) there.

This place is an unusual gem. And it's affordable too with many different hut options.

Loved it.
And the coffee? To die for.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank DaraGay
Dear Sir. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and on behalf of all of us from the Management Team - Housekeeping - and Maintenance, we look forward to your return trip to Great Huts. Happy New Year.!!
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ended up staying in 3 very different huts, all great in different ways. The first was Bamboo Garden and it was very unique. There was a seperate kitche living area, but the bedroom and bathroom were all in same place and it was cave like with the floor being natural so rocky and not level but we like it. It was really fun. The second was the Fig Tree hut, it was more of a tree house and had an AWESOME view. Well worth the extra cost. It is two stories though with steps, but we didn't mind. The final one was an economical one called Akan. Its just a room with table and lamp and 2 beds. Communal toilets and shower. It was fine though, especially if you aren't in your room. The beach there was great. We went at Christmas and very warm. Lots of surfing and a gaurd is always around even if you are the only ones at the beach. The staff were great and the food was really good. Breakfast is the same every day, but it's included so didn't mind. Great experience overall.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget Akan is fine and only need the room for sleeping, but if you want to spend mo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We booked to stay there during Christmas week to enjoy some warm weather and relaxation. We flew into Montego Bay and rented a car. The drive there was an adventure unto itself and we did have trouble seeing their small sign (especially at night). Once we entered the gate, we knew we picked the right place to stay. We were fortunate to get to stay in three of their huts: Bamboo Garden, Fig Tree and Akan. The property and setting is awesome!! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The whole property has plenty of spots to relax whether on the beach or up on the cliffs overlooking the ocean. We thought the Fig Tree had to be the best hut in the place with a bathtub/shower that overlooked Boston Bay. Our only suggestion is that visitors may want to choose huts that are further away from the back fence of the property. Due to no fault of Great Huts, there is a night club outside the property that plays loud music until fairly late and there was a rooster that thought 4:30 am was time to get up! Other than those small issues, everything else was perfect. We would definintely go back!!

Room Tip: Again, you may want to consider huts towards the ocean side of the property. Well worth the extra co...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We booked our stay here maybe 4 months before actually arriving, because we HAD to stay here.
I can tell you, its more beautiful in person than on the photos.

When we arrived, we were told that because it is quiet season, we can get a free upgrade to the sea grape room. completely out of our budget! We were over the moon.
Hot tub, dining area with sea view, the works.

There are no windows, but there are mosquito nets.
The restaurant is delicious, too.

If you're used to the hilton and things like this, then maybe don't stay here. its wild, and we loved it.

The Staff are great, very helpful. We did get ripped off on our taxi ride back to port antonio though. J$1500?! Arrange a price before you get in, as we got to great huts for J$150, so paid 10X the local fee.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hudiksvall, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

After I had traveled in Peru for twenty days I went to Great Huts because I got this place recommended back home in Sweden by a friend and I was just stunned by how beautiful this place looked on its website. It was even more beautiful in real life.

At first I was doing some sightseeing in the local area (going to Reach Falls for example). But I felt somewhat disturbed by doing those kind of things. On the third day i decided to just stay at the Great Huts the whole time and just relax and enjoy life and the wonderful weather until i had to head back home to the cold Sweden.
This was the best decision I could ever make. This place had everything that I could ask for. The most wonderful huts and this beautiful beach stacked with hammocks and other sit-stuff which name I dont know in english haha.

The staff was very helpful and the food is just amazing. I became really good friends with some of the guests at this place which was just what I needed because I was traveling alone.

An astonishing environment with some newly found friends. It was all i could dream of and my stay at Great Huts left a great piece of loving memory in my heart.

Room Tip: Remember to enjoy the pool at the top of the cliff and if you want a good wifi-signal, take your tab...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo