I had the privilege of enjoying New Years at Great Huts this year. It was completely amazing and more than I could have hoped for.
Service - the service staff are friendly and open and clearly invested in the vision of Great Huts in providing education and service in the tourism industry. That said, there is also a family vibe! We even enjoyed a New Year's bonfire together - staff and guests. The staff also treated our two daughters with the perfect amount of doting to allow my friend and I some much needed relaxing. Anything you need, the staff sees to it with humor and grace and a whole lot of Jamaica savvy.
Best night sky I've ever seen is at the start of the snake path.
Awesome eclectic international themed huts (So fun, so GREAT)
Private beach with hammocks and views
A zoo! Bunnies and parrots and tortoises oh my'
Made to order delicious food and cocktails
Location location location - remote enough to be off the grid but an easy place to explore all the area has to offer (Boston Jerk, Waterfalls, coconut groves, Port Antonio, rafting tours oh my)
The guests - the forward vision of Dr Paul's sustainable artistic Eco humanist vacation alternative attracts a special type of vacationer - everyone we met was cool and friendly and wanted more than just a typical resort experience.
I am just home today and already devising how I can return and bring more friends or possibly offer a retreat for my business (a yoga studio) there.
This place is an unusual gem. And it's affordable too with many different hut options.
And the coffee? To die for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge is an oceanfront resort on the lush northeastern tip of Jamaica. Modeled after a traditional West African coastal village, at once both rough-hewn and modern, it is a convergence of nature, heritage, spirituality and technology. Off the beaten path, but not far from the bustle and night life of Boston Bay and Port Antonio, Great Huts' jungle-cliff-beach habitat is a distinctive ecological and cultural experience. The Africana House, a Rastafari Mansion by the Sea with high ceilings and Ethiopian-inspired decor throughout, has a spacious communal room, four regal bedrooms, a 5,000-square-foot rooftop deck and a lotus-shaped deep water pool, resting atop five acres braided with intriguing caves and hiking trails. Great Huts is perfect for the adventurer in all of us, an intimate yet communal getaway or a secluded corporate retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio