We stayed in the Bamboo Treehouse and the view was amazing. Never will you get such a beautiful view right at the sea. there were so many bright green lizards and hermit crabs, my husband got the best photos.
I loved the jerk Centre just at the end of the dirt track. It really was the best jerk on the island and we bought some homemade hot jerk sauce, 6 actually!!! it was that good. The jerk pork was so yum and it was really fun everyday walking up from the beach for lunch and dinner. Roger and Peter were really friendly. The staff at the great huts were super friendly and welcoming, especially Chantel. The show in the restaurant was fun too. We met people who had been there for weeks and I can see why, once you get to know all the locals it is like you are friends and it was sad to go in the end.
Please do not skip this part of Jamaica, the beach is beautiful, the jerk is so tasty and the huts are the coolest and prettiest accomodation I've stayed in. Bed was comfy, hot water was hot, price was cheap and scenery beautiful :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Huts: Paradise on the Edge is an oceanfront resort on the lush northeastern tip of Jamaica. Modeled after a traditional West African coastal village, at once both rough-hewn and modern, it is a convergence of nature, heritage, spirituality and technology. Off the beaten path, but not far from the bustle and night life of Boston Bay and Port Antonio, Great Huts' jungle-cliff-beach habitat is a distinctive ecological and cultural experience. The Africana House, a Rastafari Mansion by the Sea with high ceilings and Ethiopian-inspired decor throughout, has a spacious communal room, four regal bedrooms, a 5,000-square-foot rooftop deck and a lotus-shaped deep water pool, resting atop five acres braided with intriguing caves and hiking trails. Great Huts is perfect for the adventurer in all of us, an intimate yet communal getaway or a secluded corporate retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Great Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Huts Hotel Port Antonio
- Great Huts Jamaica/Port Antonio