“Wonderful AND Relaxing--LOLIVYA Villa is an AMAZING experience”
Review of Blue Lagoon Villas

Blue Lagoon Villas
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Antonio
Blue Lagoon Villas
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Port Antonio
Reviewed April 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the 4 bedroom villa for a unique vacation experience and we LOVED the entire experience!! We decided we wanted more than just a hotel room, all-inclusive type of vacation. We had the entire 3 story villa to ourselves and it is situated directly on the crystal clear blue ocean and it has absolutely fantastic views of the ocean from every room in the villa. The proximity to the ocean is the REASON why people rent out these villas in the first place. If you love to be literally be on the water and look at beautiful water then this is the place for you!!

We found the villa to be clean, which is very important. Since we are novice "villa renters" we really appreciated Jean (our staff) coming into town and showing and us where to get groceries and where to change money. She helped us plan meals and Jean did not dissappoint. ( if you want everything done for you and not have to lift a finger the staff will do everything for you ) I am a picky eater and food can make or break a holiday for me and Jean was WONDERFUL. We had a variety of dishes which included curried shrimp, jerk chicken, shrimp with white wine and pasta, lobster and even simple meals like hamburgers and sandwiches for light lunches. Everything was delicious and healthy (I did not gain any weight when I was away--I did ask her to cook healthy for us).

It is a very quiet and relaxing place and since we had been to PA several times we decided to do nothing on this vacation. Jean was very respectful and I rarly felt like there was another person in the home with us. She would clean when we were on the sun deck and then we only saw her at meal time. Jean was always on time and had the meals ready exactly at the time we specified.

What you see on the Lolivya website is what you get. The pictures are accurate. The villa is well laid out and every bedroom has its own bathroom. It can easily sleep 8 people very comfortably.

The dislikes were really minor and I almost feel guilty mentioning anything keeping in mind that reviews are subjective. There was no TV in the master bedroom. This was not a big deal but it would be a "nice to have" as we enjoy a little tv before bed. The TV in the living room was small but it did have satellite and there were A LOT of channels and that was a HUGE perk as we always found something to watch when we chose to watch TV.

There are several sea kyaks and we did that almsot everyday to see the area and to get some exercise.

We felt very safe and felt we had all of the comforts of North America. I would HIGHLY recommend staying at a villa and it really can be GREAT value if you are staying with a group of people or if you are able to make your own fun!! The villa does have 3 staff for a larger group and you can get one of the staff or an extra person as a nanny if that is something that you need.

We can not wait to go back and experience the beauty that the blue lagoon has to offer. We loved LOLIVYA and would highly recommend the villa!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Collinzz
There are newer reviews for Blue Lagoon Villas

Midland, Michigan
Reviewed March 12, 2005

I just returned from my second trip to Jamaica in the past year.

Last time I did the all inclusive thing at a resort in Ocho Rios and it was quite nice, this time however I struck gold on the island's northeast coast at the Moon San Villa in Port Antonio.

It is without question the most fantastic, magical place I have ever visited.

The ocean views from the cliff side perch are spectacular, the quite narrow lane where Moon San is located is lined with tropical forest on one side and a handful of world class ocean front villas on the other. The short walk to the ocean or the Blue Lagoon for a morning swim is like passing through a lush botanical garden on your way to a private beach.

The accomodations at the villa are first class. The decor is tastefully done, all the rooms are spacious and imaculately clean. I especially enjoyed dinning on the veranda overlooking the turquoise bay while watching the sunset behind the foothills of the Green mountains.

Best of all the host, Greg Naldrett has assembled a dedicated, attentive staff who take care of everything from your meals to arranging for day trips and sight seeing. I have travelled all over the world and have never had better service or met more caring, friendly people who attend to your every need. Ask for the homemade Key Lime pie, it is incredible!

Jamaica may be the best kept secret in the West Indies, at the risk of giving away my own secret gem of a retreat, Moon San Villa and Port Antonio are as good as it gets.

27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2004

Got married at the Blue Lagoon and would say that it is the most amazing place on earth. The villas are beautiful and the staff is amazing. Had a great time laying on the deck and drinking red stripes. You can jump right off of your deck and swim or kyak for hours. Would highly recomeend the Blue Lagoon Villas for anyone looking a luxurious vacation away from the tourists in Montego Bay or Ocho Rios.

11  Thank morr27
madison, wisconsin
Reviewed January 17, 2004

stayed at the blue lagoon villas in november 2003 for our 25th wedding anniversary. it was absolutely delightful! our staff could not have been nicer. they're job was to spoil us, and that they did. the food cooked was incredible. fresh fish and lobsters caught that day, vegetables that will never taste the same in the u.s. , desserts to die for. all we did was tell our cooks what we liked, and there it was, prepared perfectly every day. the villa we stayed in was gorgeous.
beautiful views of the blue lagoon, our deck right on top of the water!
at night we turned on the outside flood lamps, and stingrays would swim to the light on the water....incredible!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2003

Our villa had cockroaches,mice,moldy towels,a used bar of soap,no hot water,and a nasty maid who watched TV all day.All this for a bargain price of $500 US a day!!! Find another place to stay in the otherwise beautiful Port Antonio area.

42  Thank A TripAdvisor Member