“Some of the best waves in Jamaica”
Review of Boston Beach

Boston Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch the young and adventurous surf the waves as you chow down on jerk pork, the Jamaican dish this beach is famous for.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I first travelled here in the early 1990's. The view here is one that will forever be etched in your memory once you come. It's a place that silently calls you back. The locals are fun, inviting, and not so overpowering as other places in Jamaica. Portland is the nicest of all the parishes in Jamaica

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This beach was fabulous! While swimming, I was approached by a young guy asking if I wanted to learn to surf and I did! It started out at JA$3K for an hour, but we got down to JA$1500 for half. It was great, but takes more than 1 day to master!! But the vendors on the beach were too aggressive to my husband and daughter, so we didn't stay long. Too bad, since this beach is gorgeous!

1  Thank SMM_9
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Plenty of willing young surfers ready to teach you the moves (if you have several days!). The surf doesn't really crank up until mid afternoon, but the morning is a great time to swim or sun. Plenty of private coves is you can arrive early enough and snag one! You can walk along the coral rock to the dive platform, just to enjoy the view! Don't miss the carved stone chair. This is the birthplace of Jerk and the stands are a short walk from the beach. If you are lucky (like me), there may be a celebrity or two nearby. I was fortunate enough to meet reggae superstar, Jah Tiger, hanging out (lives nearby I understand).

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I loved the waves at this beach! Super safe and fun. The park is nice and the people are very kind. You won't be disappointed. Head over to c-liff 's little beach bar just up the way from there after for a Red Stripe!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Ok, so, if you're driving from Port Antonio, it's a little tough to find because the Jerk Centre kinda just looks like some slummy shacks. Park at the beach and walk back towards Port Antonio....The jerk huts will be on the right. We made the mistake of getting hustled into trying the first place. Check them all out!!!! Our place was ok but a bit dry...Get extra sauce on your meat. Buy some coconut water and festivals with some breadfruit for good measure. We got more food than we could eat for $2500J, ($25 CDN/US roughly)...The best part was that the guy didn't have change so he handed me a baggie of ganja...not admitting to accepting it but MAN I LOVE JAMAICA! Take your food back to the beach and have a picnic...Great surfing beach! Locals will offer you surf lessons. You will be able to talk them down to half of what they ask for if you're interested....which I wasn't after eating my fill of Jerk.

Oh yeah....go after 1pm. That way you can mostly be sure you aren't getting yesterdays leftovers.

1  Thank ottawawintersucks