This was our first trip to Jamaica, and our stay at the Mocking Bird Hill made it completely worthwhile. The quite ambiance and lush vegetation surrounding the hotel created a relaxing, serene environment. If you’re seeking a hotel that is warm, friendly, luxurious, personal, and comfortable, then Hotel Mocking Bird Hill is the place for you.
The drive from the Kingston Airport was quite long, so expect a good 3-4 hour drive on very bad roads. We arrived at the hotel very late at night, and were immediately greeted by hotel staff, and Shireen, one of the owners. She accompanied us to our room and served us with fish soup and fresh fruit, the perfect snack before a good nights sleep. The next morning, after soaking in the view and the natural beauty around us, the long drive was forgotten.
The hotel is very sophisticated and has a very romantic, detailed, and charming feeling. The rooms are very spacious and breezy, and lounging outside on the porch hammock forces you to be in a very relaxed and positive state of mind. The hotel staff was extremely friendly, professional, and very accommodating, and the owners, Shireen and Barbara, make it very easy for their guests to feel at home. The fact that the hotel is eco-friendly really makes it easier for the guests to enjoy their surroundings and appreciate this earth for all its natural beauty.
The food at the Mille Fleurs restaurant was excellent. Everything was made with high quality, local fresh food(even the fruit punch!), and the menu was very versatile. The dishes were delicious; some of the best meals I’ve ever had. There is nothing like having a delicious meal while enjoying the quiet and peaceful views of Port Antonio.
The hotel has many activities to offer, raft rides down the Rio Grande, hiking up the Blue Mountains, bird watching, horse-back riding, but for us, the most relaxing place to be was a day at the Frenchman’s Cove private beach. It is a 30 minute walk from the hotel, or a 5 minute car ride away. Walking on the roads in Port Antonio was very nice. The locals are very friendly and eager to talk to you. I recommend taking a trip to Boston, the local Jerk center, to try all the food.
I recommend this hotel to anyone who is seeking a quiet and peaceful hotel with a luxurious local charm to it. Coming from a big bustling city, this was the perfect getaway. We had an amazing 5 day stay, and look forward to visiting again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best eco boutique hotel in Port Antonio, Jamaica. Set on a hilltop on Jamaica's northeast coast between the majestic Blue Mountains and the Caribbean Sea, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is Jamaica's foremost 'green' hotel minutes from the most romantic Frenchman's Cove Beach. A tranquil, serene, sanctuary with breathtaking vistas, laid back luxury and world class cuisine, Hotel Mockingbird Hill is the ultimate, authentic Jamaican experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Mocking Bird Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mocking Bird Hill Hotel
- Mocking Bird Hill Port Antonio
- Hotel Mocking Bird Hill Jamaica/Port Antonio