“Perhaps it was just today but...”

Woody's Low Bridge Place
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Port Antonio
Cuisines: Caribbean, American, Bar, Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boise, Idaho
“Perhaps it was just today but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had a late lunch here at Woody's today and were really looking forward to it after reading the reviews and looking through some of these photos. I have to say we were a little disappointed. We both ordered a cheeseburger and fries. Though it was cooked fine, I can't say there was anything special about it. The burger patty was tiny and had a thin slice of tomato and thin slice of green pepper. The service was fine, we were the only ones there though and it took us a few minutes to even find someone to know if they were open. Perhaps it was the time of day, perhaps it was the waitress/cook but I can't say that I agree with the great reviews and I can't see us making a return trip here. Sorry.

• Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Great food and lovely people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Definitely a must-go if you are in the Port Antonio area. Like lots of things in Jamaica nothing is rushed and the foods is clearly cooked fresh. There is a great choice of burgers including veggie options, great coleslaw salad and amazing homemade ginger beer.

• Visited April 2014
Kingston, Jamaica
“In Portland it's a must to eat there anytime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

A very nice person recommended it to me once and I decided to pass by. Now it is a must for me to eat there anytime I go to Portland. By the way... I love Portland.

The homemade burgers are unique, juicy and delicious.. During the day it's a very hot place but that's Jamaica "so mi like it".

Mr. Woody and Ms. Cherry are such nice and funny persons... Have a drink, eat whatever you want (everything is good) get rid of the stress. It is not at all expensive.

Sanford, Florida
“Very Nice People, tiny burgers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

The fries were the best thing. Hot and crispy. The burgers were a little disappointing because it was a very small patty on a big bun. Nothing special. Service is very slow so don't go if you are in a hurry. The owner was incredibly nice. He sang for us, took us on a tour of his garden, and was quite charming.

Visited April 2014
Kingston, Jamaica
“Best meal in the place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

It's surely a must go place if you are in Port Antonio. Not expensive, great quality burgers, fast service and a giant virtue for them, it's having a ping pong table to play before or after the meal.

Something I would improve would be the illumination of the place; that's why I didn't rate them with 5 stars, except that, everything was excellent.

• Visited April 2014