“Even Better Than the Reviews”

Woody's Low Bridge Place
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Port Antonio
Cuisines: Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Woody's is a must if you are in the San San/Drapers area. We stayed at San San Tropez and it was less than a mile walk to this fun eatery. Twice we made the hike there for lunch. I had the Ginger Beer (it is not alcohol) and a Veggie Burger. My wife had the Hamburger and Fries. Cherry was a hoot to visit with and the food was awesome. Of course she would not give up the recipe for the drink or sandwich - I guess we will simply have to return. We enjoyed her stories about raising her family, her commitment to her children and where their lives have taken them. Afterwards we went across the street to the local market for rum raisin chocolate bars (dessert).

3  Thank karmilw

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We had two great meals here. Had the "famous " burger but the veggie burger is the best. Ask for their home-made ginger beer although they wouldn't give us the recipe! The decor is just about as idiosyncratic as you can get.

2  Thank janetgardener
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My husband and I ate here while staying in Drapers. Our first visit we ordered 2 sides of french fries which were great. Crispy on the outside and perfect in the center. We shared a burger since we weren't too hungry. After sharing the burger we both wished we had ordered our own. The burgers were delicious. The toppings are wonderful, not your typical American hamburger.

We enjoyed the place so much that we took our friends back for dinner the next night. The atmosphere is great. Quite, candle lit tables, and the friendliest owners. The owners were a big reason why we returned and I wish we had stopped by earlier just to spend more time with them.

If you want anything more than burgers and fries, you need to call early in the day to place the order for to be ready in time for dinner.

2  Thank jamaicajeannie
Reviewed January 24, 2012

My boyfriend and myself are both vegetarians, and it is often difficult finding a good meal, especially when traveling. Thanks to a travel guidebook, we heard about Woody's and their famous veggie burgers and just had to try them! Luckily we were staying close to Drapers because we went there TWICE during our stay. The food was AmAzInG and incredibly affordable. Kind service, very clean- all around great place. I hope to return again someday!!

2  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Good food, small indoor area with a cute palapa outdoor area.