“Service with a smile”

Wi Yard Anna Banana
Ranked #27 of 45 Restaurants in Port Antonio
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2017

My brother and i decided to get some food the other night while in Port Antonio we happened to pass Anna Bananas and poooed in.
The service was great i had a sliced brown stew king fish with steamed bammy and mixed vegatables my brother had a ribeye steak with rice and peas and fried plantain we ended with a passion fruit cheesecake and i had the blackforrest cake with blue mountain coffee.
It was a very nice dinner a bite pricey but worth it.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

My Mom, sister and I took a day trip to Portland on August 30, 2017. Got a few recommendations to have lunch at Anna Banana.
Upon entering, the place was a little dark but we chose to sit on the porch with a view of the water. Menu was limited but we ordered 2 chicken dishes and a curry goat. We also ordered a side of green plantain, after being assured that they were nice and crispy.
The curry was tasty. So was the chicken, despite it being cold. But when the plantains came, they were pale and when I poked it with my finger, there was absolutely no crisp. I asked the server about it and she said the chef said the gas was finished. Like seriously!?!?!? Of course we had none of it.
When the bill came, the plantains were on it, despite the entire plate being taken back to the kitchen. I told the server we weren't paying for them. She looked flustered and said if it is taken off, she will have to pay for it. It wasn't a whole lot of money so we paid and left.
Too many things were wrong here...
The owner should ensure that the staff has adequate supplies for the business.
The chef should never have sent out sub-par or under-cooked food.
After getting the explanation, the server should not have brought it out to us.
If what the server said was true, it can't possibly be fair that one person should pay for the errors of so many.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

This place is total ripoff! They over cooked the Marlin fish ... I took one bite and sent it back. I was still charged for it. My husbands curry goat was tasteless and the rice was super dry. Our tour guide Donald recommended it.... such a bad idea and waste of time and money. The server was awful!

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Will never ever go here again. We were visiting with family. No Baked Chicken, No Jerk Chicken, No Pork Chops, No Steak. I had an extremely dry Lobster, our plates were cold, the rice was very dry. My husband had what looked like KFC chicken which wouldnt surprise me as it was inly down the road. Beautiful to look out at night but disgusted with the food or lack of.

2  Thank mandydaniels48
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

We were suggested to eat here by our host. We went there looking for some veggie ital jamaican food and we had some fried rice with vegetables with no taste paying like 1500 jamaica dollars! Quality of food is the first target. Nice location but you have to work on the quality of the food you offer.

1  Thank maiz b