“Where you could dine with your feet dangling in the sea...”

Wi Yard Anna Banana
Ranked #36 of 43 Restaurants in Port Antonio
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We got there and were surprised to find a table so easily on a Saturday night. Then we figured that it is still carnival season in Jamaica. The two best tables were already taken. But we will return...

As vegetarians, the options were limited. We had stir fried vegetable with white rice and vegetable curry with rice and peas. The salad that came first was very fresh and so was the simple fare. The service was very attentive and polite. The prices were reasonable too.

We will return once more, only to sit at the prime table and dangle our feet in the sea!!!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I came to Portland to get away! Portland is one of my favorite places in JA and so I was looking forward to what I was told should be a wonderful dining experience.

I encountered quite the contrary. It took me 1/2 hr to be seated not because a table wasn't available but because my sever needed to clean it. It took me 2 hrs to get my food! On top of that they had no appetizers and most of the items on the menu to include soup were finished. Mark you I arrived at 8:05 pm.

Also no water was served with the meal. It was just awful!

Never again and I would not recommend it to anyone .

Btw the food came cold! Ridiculous!

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The food is great, for what they have. When we sat down, the first thing the waiter had to do was explain what they didn't have on the menu, which was most of the menu. Maybe we came on a bad day, but the menu items available was amazingly limited.

Besides the out of stock on the menu, the rest was really great. The food was delicious and the view is amazing. Try to get a seat with a view of the bay!

I would have given them a 4 or even a 5 star rating but the sold out menu and sort of slow service (Jamaica time) were small downers. Hopefully when you go their menu will be fully available.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went to Wi Yard Anna Banana twice during my visit to Port Antonio and both times had excellent and friendly service but the food was average. The menu is not extensive and they were out of several items. I tried the Kingfish on one visit and the Curried Vegetables on the next visit and both were decent but not really worth the price charged. My friends and I did not try any of the meat dishes so do not have any feedback on those items. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and was busy both times I went but even though it was busy we still had great service.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

A lovely place to eat or just sit and have a beer overlooking the bay,you can sit at the bar or on tables literally 3 metres from the edge of the sea.The food is excellent,i asked for steak as there are very few places in Jamaica where you can get one,i was amazed when the meal arrived with 2 large steaks cooked to perfection,thought i was in the states,my wife had Ackee and Salt Fish,which again was cooked to perfection,The staff are only to pleased to see you,and i must say it was the first time my beer was poured into a half pint jug.I wish it was nearer to where we live as i would use it on a regular basis,and all for around 10 English pounds a head
Don't miss it