Geejam
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Jamaica Palace Hotel(Port Antonio)
View Hotel
The Trident Hotel(Port Antonio)
View Hotel
Blue Lagoon Villas(Port Antonio)
  • Beachfront
Moon San Villa(Port Antonio)
View Hotel
Jamaica Crest Hotel(Port Antonio)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbush barrecording studiobasshot tubjolly boyscell phoneapple tvsanwood villagee jamprivate beachguest servicesrio grandejon bakerfrenchman's covealicia keysblue lagoonco owner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Loved GeeJam--classic getaway vacation. In the middle of the bush, high over the ocean, one of the most beautiful spot I've ever been.
Quiet enough to gather your thoughts and read a book--as well--there is much to do if you want to be active, (e.g. swimming in the Blue Lagoon, river rafting, Frenchman's Cove, Winnifred Beach).
Trips to the market at Port Antonio--was a wonderful local experiece.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Well 5 days later I still haven't come down to earth with a bump after a glorious week at Geejam.
We arrived on Saturday 31st July in the evening and as the very lovely Gary drove us across the isladn he arranged for some delicious food to be ready for us after our arrival. Despite a long journey from the UK we were revived by the beautifully appointed accommodation, delicious Jerk Lamb and a refreshing Red Stripe or two.
Waking up on Saturday morning my husband stepped onto our balcony and all I heard was a breathless "WOW" as he took in the spectacular view from Ska across the bay. I soon bounded out to see what he was talking about and I can only repeat "Wow", I think I may have wept happy tears... This was everything I have ever dreamed of in a honeymoonand more, I couldn't believe I was there and it was real!
We went up to Bush Bar for a hearty breakfast and then planned what we'd do with our day.
Bentley one of the several lovely drivers who looked after us during our stay gave us a tour around Port Antonio before dropping us off for an explore, then took us on to Frenchman's Cove which has to be one of the most spectacular beaches that could introduce you to the delights of the Caribbean!
Whilst we were there we also checked out San San beach and Port Antonio Marina beach, as well as Geejam's own beautifully appointed private beach, also went for a boat trip in Geejam's boat (props to Lincoln the lovely captain - thanks for catching my hat when it blew off!) to the spectacular Blue Lagoon.
We lounged in our hot tub, went shopping in Port Antonio market, had a look in the studio and generally ate, drank and were merry all week long.
The staff at Geejam were all to a person, faultless in their service and friendly and warm and ace!
Jason has to be the best barman in the world and he, Chris and Gary (another one) took us out for a really good night where my husband didn't disgrace us in the pool hall, though I porbably did in LaBest with my wonderful Shakira dancing. Thank you so much guys if you read this! You really made our holiday.
All in all this has to be the best hotel in the world, we were given space to enjoy our honeymoon when we wanted it and made new friends when we wanted some company. The surroundings are stunning, the sea is the bluest, the weather was wonderful but the people we met really made it the best.
Thank you so much to everyone at Geejam we hope and pray we'll be back to visit you again, until then I will see you in my dreams!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2010

In one word, Amazing. Now in several others...

As soon as we landed in Kingston and made it through customs, we were greeted with a rum punch and a friendly smile by the car coordinator. She quickly introduced us to our driver who got us to GeeJam. There are two ways you can go, either up through the mountains or along the coast. Since it had been raining for a few days, the best route was up and over the blue mountains. It was a fun trip, snaking back and forth, up and down through the jungle. The driver Garret was very friendly and played great music along the way. He often explained what were were looking at, etc. Gave a very nice first impression of the GeeJam experience.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the team we would come to know and love. Every member of the staff was sincere in their hello's and they all wanted to make this the best trip for us. "Anything you need, you just let us know" The motto in GeeJam is that they will do whatever they can to make sure you enjoy the trip. They offer chaperones to take you around the island, to the Boston Jerk Center, or just a tour of the beaches. I highly recommend it, especially if you are nervous. But we found everyone in Port Antonio to be very friendly. We weren't really nervous at all during our trip. I think the fear many people have is a bit exaggerated. Just don't go wandering back alleys in Kingston and you'll probably be fine.

GeeJam is small and intimate. The Bushbar is the restaurant and bar area. It's perched in the trees atop a small hill, so the views are magnificent. There is a pool table and an area to sit and lounge. Plus an iMac if you need to stay connected... The staff would greet us each day with good morning and a large pot of Blue Mountain Coffee. Yummm, that's the first part of waking up if you ask me. Some Blue Mountain in your cup.

The Jamaican Breakfast is really what you should order. You're in Jamaica! No matter how odd it might have sounded to have swordfish in a coconut sauce first thing in the morning, it was incredible. For Lunch, I had the fish and chips twice in a row. Dinners at the Bushbar always included at least one Mojito and a rum punch. Again, the chef's recommendation was usually a local dish. One night it was braised ox tail. Incredible.

The GeeJam Beach was where we found ourselves most days. Sure, there are other amazing beaches around the area, and the Blue Lagoon. But we had a little tropical depression that was causing rain at the drop of a hat. So it was nice to be able to hit the beach, but also run up to the hotel if it started to rain. They did an amazing job building the beach. Apparently the entire thing was overgrown and not much to look at, but Jon Baker had a vision. I really liked how they took rocks from the water to create the retaining wall. We Kayaked around the perimeter of the cove and discovered a few natural springs and small streams. The water in Jamaica is usually colder on top due to all of the fresh water runoff out of the rainforest.

The room was lovely. We stayed in Mento and often felt like we were completely alone in the jungle. The rain the first few days was a bother, but it was really cozy to curl up on the porch and read a book. The rooms also have apple Tv's so you can watch tons of movies on demand. Dwayne the IT man is really helpful getting everything working and was always available when needed. LOVE the steam shower, bed and AC.

One of my favorite parts of the hotel concept was the cell phone you are given when you arrive. Each room gets one, and every number you could possibly need, right down to the owners, are all programmed in to the phone. If you have a problem during your stay, you know that you have the owners phone number right there. If he can't fix it, no one can, right? Plus they give you 20 minutes of call time back home, so you can call your friends and make them jealous that you're in paradise.

We met Jon Baker, the owner. He was amazing, so friendly and welcoming. He recently put together a band called the Jolly Boys. They sing a lot of current songs, but add their Island Mento/Rocksteady vibe. They did a performance on Saturday night after dinner. Amazing. What a nice surprise. We got to tour the recording studio and sit down with the sound engineer and just hang out, chatting about who'd been recording there, watching Jolly Boy videos (they are great, hunt them down). It was a great thing to do on a very rainy day. The staff really did want us to have an amazing time!

So to the GeeJam team, I say THANK YOU! This was one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had.

A beautiful setting for an amazing trip!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hotel_Boy
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Geejam was by far the best place I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. My wife and I just got married in Negril and wanted to go out of the major resort towns for our honeymoon. We happened to find Geejam online and tried to book. It said it was full so we had booked another place in Port Antonio. When we got to Port Antonio we decided to eat at Geejam since we couldn't stay there. While there the bar manager Jason said they had a villa available. We promptly moved the next morning from our hotel to Geejam. The rest of our honeymoon was unbelievable. The staff was great! We were given a cell phone and whenever we wanted to go anywhere we called the driver who's name I am blanking on? He was great. He even dropped us at the Blue Lagoon and ran back to the hotel to get us snorkel gear and a cooler with drinks. Also we bought lobsters and Nigel the chef cooked them up great for us for dinner and didn't even charge us for that. Overall, the whole experience of Geejam was great and you might have the pleasure as we did of seeing a famous musician working at the on site studio that Geejam has. I will definitely be back! See you soon Geejam

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tatutikiman
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I recently had the good fortune to spend a long weekend at Geejam with two close friends. One friend, a Jamaican, highly recommended the location, declaring that Geejam was hands down his favorite place in Jamaica, if not the world. After the trip, I have to agree with him! The property is located in Port Antonio, on the opposite end of the touristy Montego Bay area of the Island. It is secluded, quiet, and guests are looked after by an attentive and friendly staff. Rooms are divided amongst seven or 8 separate houses, each named after a different type of musical style. There is a private beach as well on the property. In addition to the gorgeous accommodations, the staff will eagerly arrange for any individual experience you may desire. We had the chef prepare a 4 course meal for us on the first evening. It was incredible fine dining and served to us in our house. We also were able to arrange day trips to Frenchmans Cove (an incredible local beach), and Boston for the best "jerk" on the island. I notice another couple took a boat trip to the blue lagoon and came back smiling.

It was a perfect and relaxing way to have a long catch up with some old friends. I also feel like this would be an ideal location for a small destination wedding, honeymoon, or romantic getaway.

I returned back to NYC fully refreshed, invigorated, and ready to plan a return trip with my boyfriend!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends