I made a return trip to Geejam with my family to celebrate my 50th birthday at the place that I have so far enjoyed best in all my travels. It really is a unique vibe set on a hillside amongst the rain forest overlooking a private beach with my favourite swimming place in the beautifully warm & blue Caribbean sea.
We stayed in Sanwood a three bedroom villa, with its own private pool a minutes walk through the lush vegetation to the Bushbar where the staff were not only friendly and engaging but a Geejam Team Member organised our daily excursions with our own driver every morning at breakfast after I had worked out in the gym with my two sons and enjoyed a stretch session. There is so much to do locally, we went rafting on the Rio Grande, had Jerk at Boston Bay,went to the marina and local market in Port Antonio as well as chilled on the decadent red four poster double beds on the Geejam Beach - where else would you find these and a full length mirror on a beach?
We thoroughly enjoyed the Spicy Lobster Pasta at The Bushbar whilst watching the in-house Mento band, The Jolly Boys on my birthday. The staff went the extra mile which really made it a special evening in a special place.
They have have just opened another hotel The Trident which has a totally different vibe, being a more elegant seafront hotel, still with the friendly engaging staff. Again we had another incredible night at Mike's Supper Club whilst being entertained by the in house Jazz band.
Geejam is unique, it's informal relaxed vibe may not be for everybody, it's not cheap, but worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Geejam, an insider escape, is located in San San, close to Port Antonio, in the parish of Portland, on the pristine shores of north-east Jamaica. Achieving a stylish equilibrium between ultra modern technology and the intrinsic grace of the natural island landscape makes this the Geejam signature trademark. The property features seven double rooms, a state of the art Recording Studio, Healing Spa, Swimming Pool (Sanwood only), Gym and the Bushbar, forming an exclusive universe within the natural beauty of the grounds, which stretch down to its own private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Geejam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Geejam Port Antonio
- Geejam Hotel Port Antonio
- Geejam Jamaica/Port Antonio