“Stunning, Ethical, Delicious”

Ranked #9 of 44 Restaurants in Port Antonio
Cuisines: Caribbean, Healthy, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Al fresco dining at Hotel Mockingbird Hill's Mille Fleurs restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner allows you the chance to enjoy the spectacular vistas of Port Antonio's harbour, Jamaica's forested Blue Mountains and the Caribbean Sea.Your evening gourmet dinner will be enjoyed to the spectacular backdrop of a Jamaican sunset accompanied by the fragrant perfume of tropical flowers.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My dad, great-aunt, brother and I ventured up the bare, hilly track that leads to this restaurant to find a place with a lovely view for our post-beach day dinner. We met a truly stunning sunset, 180 degree pan. - there's even an elevated platform above the rest of the hotel for guests of 2-4 to enjoy an exclusive dinner with 360 degrees of sea and mountains. We got what we wanted on that front! What really surprised us was the quality of the restaurant. Our waitress was truly impeccable and knew all of the sources and processes of the food on the menu that night - she had even made some of the sauces herself. All the food is organic, and locally and ethically obtained, and there's a 'meatless Mondays' for vegetarians. I had a wonderful evening, if a treat price-wise, and it caters from teenagers to great-aunts!

1  Thank Hannah O

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Restaurant Mille Fleurs earlier this week and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I had contacted the restaurant by email to see if reservations were required and received a prompt reply from Shireen (one of the owners) explaining that reservations are requested so that they can ensure there would be items on the menu to our liking. She asked if we had any dietary restrictions or if there were any items that we DID NOT eat.

We were invited to come early to enjoy a drink while watching the sunset over the waters of Port Antonio and we were very happy we came early. The view is absolutely gorgeous, the grounds are beautiful and the restaurant is very nicely decorated with locally made furniture and artwork.

This is not a fast food experience -- every meal is prepared to order and it comes a little bit at a time starting with homemade breads and special flavored butters, then mini dumplings in a pepper jam, soup and appetizer, and then main entrees and dessert. Since we had mentioned we preferred seafood, we were offered an appetizer of lobster salad in a papaya shell that was not even on the menu board and it was delicious! All the food was great and the service was excellent.

We had a nice conversation with Shireen about her experiences as a business owner in Portland which we really appreciated as we have recently purchased a farm nearby and are trying to learn as much as possible about the area. We also appreciate the owners' respect for the environment and their efforts to run the hotel/restaurant in an eco-friendly way.

Overall, a wonderful experience and I'm sure we will go again.

1  Thank JC-RVF
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We both enjoyed cocktails, lunch and dinner. Caters for diets such as milk free, good home made cooking. Wonderful rum cheesecake.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

A few weeks ago I returned to one of my favorite places in Jamaica, Restaurant Mille Fleur at Port Antonio.
It was another great expierience, the food was delicious and service great as usual.
I love to have fish but this time I deciced to have vegetarian food, so I was surprised they offered different dinner all night! Not only the vegetarian food was different, also the fish and meat changed every day. Passing the kitchenwindow made me get appetite all the time ;-).
Sometime it takes a little while until dinner is served, what doesn´t mean that it takes too long. Everything is really fresh and it´s worth to wait a while.
Great wines and a rich choice of different beverages never made me feel uncomfortable. My favorite is the fresh orange juice, I love it!
When dinner was served it came in attractive eyecatching dishes which I would love to own by myself... .
Staying for a few days it seemed to me like a never ending creativity of the cook!
My next stay in Jamaica is in summer, I surely won´t miss that restaurant!

1  Thank Jahspirit
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I, both vegan were super excited to hear this restaurant has a vegetarian night on Mondays. When we called to make the reservation I told the matire d we were both vegan and would they be able to accommodate us. Before I could even finish what I was saying he proudly informed me that the meal is "Completely vegan". Great I said. Turns out almost nothing on the menu was vegan almost everything had cheese or dairy of some sort. Not sure if I was told that to simply get us in the door for what was a very average, extremely overpriced dinner or a siml le mistake. Either way it ruined the meal. A major mistake like that should have been met with a heartfelt apology from the manager but the manager didn't even acknowledge us paying more attention to her more "established" guests. Had it nOt been for the $15 cab ride I just paid for I would've simply walked out at the start. Save your money and eat at one of the many many fabulous Jamaican restaurants where you can get a better quality meal at a fraction of the price.

1  Thank HITraveller177
hmbhpot, Owner at Mille Fleurs Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

A poor telephone connection created communication issues. Meatless Mondays at Mille Fleurs Restaurant are just that, meatless, and can include vegan dishes. On the day that this couple visited the menu was vegetarian but once the kitchen was informed a 100 % vegan meal was specially prepared for these diners. The left telling the team that they had enjoyed their dinner. If that was so, why then write such a negative report? It helps no one and our team, who work very hard and go the extra mile are terribly disappointed.