“Spectacular!”
Review of Reach Falls

Reach Falls
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Our visit to Reach Falls was a wonderful experience!!!! My husband and I have visited Dunn's River and YS Falls. Reach Falls was my favorite by far. When we visited Reach Falls our group of 4 were the only people on the property. Our guide Curtis was wonderful and very informative. He took us under the falls and then up the river to some caves. It was the highlight of our trip. In my opinion Reach Falls is a MUST SEE for anyone traveling to Portland, JA.

3  Thank taunaj

Reviewed August 24, 2011

You must go here!
The cost to get in is 10US with a guide.
The place is amazing! You start out at the bottom of the falls and then climb up after your go through the falls. The journey up river is beautiful!
A must do if you are in this area!

1  Thank 596JenniferC
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Myself and a group of friends were staying in Port Antonio for a long weekend. We were told about the falls by a friend who had been a few months before. This is the best $10 I have ever spent. It is a must. So beautiful and very natural. If you go you must take the guilded tour up the falls and really experience it.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

It's in my parish of Portland I'm lucky enough to live just 5 mins away and I have to go there everytime I go to Jamaica , the best views I've seen anywhere just awwwwwing

1  Thank dymplezshana
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Reach Falls is not to be missed. $30 for my friend and I, round trip from our Boston Bay resort (Great Huts - not highly recommended). Met up with a guide on our way there and paid 500 Jamaican dollars for each of us for him to guide us through the waterfall climb and hike.

Yes, hike up the two sets of waterfalls. It's amazingly beautiful and a ton of fun. Knowing how to swim isn't necessary. Our guide, Leonard, carried our backpacks the entire way and never got more than his ankles wet... Although he recommended us to hike through the streams.

Get water shoes!! Not flip-flops. Completely necessary. If you're willing, buy an underwater camera case. The nature is breathtaking.

We went on a day it was closed (mon, Tues and Wed) but went along with recommendations that finding a guide wouldn't be difficult even on "closed days" and that most prefer going on closed days. We bumped into 3 other small groups, too.

There are many drop off areas that the taxi can leave you at. 1) side of the road... A 2-3 mile dirt road walk before you get to the water streams. 2) right at the base area of the water streams 3) At the top of approximate 4 stories of stairs descending to the main waterfall. Number 2 is recommended. The mini hike (approximately 45 min) is a ton of fun and very much worth the final sight of the large waterfalls. Heading straight there would probably be anti climactic.

5  Thank Nicole C