$193
$272
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$131
  • Pool
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$126
$122
$99
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$56
$128
$125
$250
$197
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$55
All reviewshang your clothescable channelscoffee makerwould highly recommend this hotelsecurity guardpeasjerk chickenlobsterkitchenettebedroomdressertoasterjamaicabeachsinkmaids
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Shields was very clean and well kept. We rented a 1 bedroom w/ kitchen. The kitchen was very small and did not have many pots or pans. The front room had a queen size bed and a kitchen table and the back room had 2 double beds and 1 bathroom. I love that the bathroom was very clean and the water pressure was excellent! Ive stayed at alot of hotels in negril and water pressure is a big problem. What I didnt like is that guest are allowed once they check in the front desk and show ID and guest have to leave at 11pm or they may want to charge you. I have alot of friends in negril and I would like the freedom to have any guest over at anytime. The Hotel was close to the grocery stores and restaurants. Loved my stay!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank diamond2009
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I've just returned from staying at this hotel for 3 nights. My initial thoughts were that is was a good value hotel in a very convenient location in Negril. I'm not a person that expects luxury at every hotel I stay in but service and cleanliness are basic requirements for me. As our stay progressed I realised why the price was lower compared to some of the other hotels on this stretch of the beach. My main issue with this hotel is the lack of cleanliness and the dreadful bug problem. Our room had ants all over the dresser, when I called house keeping all they did was spray some bug repellent - no apology or action to check the source or clean up. When leaving I asked to put my bags in their 'secure room' as we had some things to do before our airport transfer arrived, when I came back to pick up one of my bags it WAS CRAWLING INSIDE AND OUT WITH THOUSANDS OF ANTS/BUGS. It was one of the worse experiences in a hotel I've ever experienced and I've stayed in many hotels all over the world and in Jamaica. I'm still having nightmares about seeing them crawling in my luggage and all over my belongings. when I asked the receptionist and staff for help they seemed to be hopeless to do anything and didn't even offer an apology...All they did was offer me the bug spray again. I was shocked disgusted and appalled and it really ruined the end of my holiday. Other issues included a lack of towels in the bathroom some of which were dirty, broken ironing board and iron, loud music coming from the hotel next door.
In addition they appear to have a problem with stray dogs hanging around the breakfast tables; they were sniffing peoples food and feet. When we asked the staff to sort this out as we were both afraid, allergic and thought it was unhygienic they didn't take this seriously and did nothing about it. Most of the staff at the hotel were welcoming and nice although at times helpless, however the breakfast serving staff were the most unfriendly and need to have some lessons on how to offer good customer service.
The standard of breakfast was ok, but I've had much better else where and on some mornings we had to wait up to 40mins for it to arrive.
I'd recommend paying a little extra and staying at one of the other hotels along this stretch of the beach as I certainly won't be staying here again or suggesting it to anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ms_F_9
Shenvil, General Manager at Shields Negril Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

We apologise to you for having a bad experience at our hotel. Having done an investigated i give an account:
Guest has breakfast at the beach terrace area during the morning, neighbour's dog strays on the beach area, but is chased away by staff in that area. Dog however returns in the area after a while. He is actually encouraged to return because some of the guests are giving him food. We have spoken to the dog's owner about him getting on the beach front area, and steps have been taken to control the animal so he does not return.

With regards to the problem of ants. Guest makes a report about ants in her room. A house keepers goes to the room, and cleaned up the area. Guest then leaves her bag in an storage area for safe keeping until she was ready to leave the hotel. She takes her bag out of the storage area and discovers that ants are all over her bag.

Front desk Agents tries to help by offering her a chair so she could lay the bag, and unpack the bag in a bid to get rid of the ants. It was discovered that the bag actually had sticky substances in it that was attracting the ants. Clothing items were also found in the female public bathroom which may have been taken from the bag.

I do apologise again, however i must say that the hotel does not have an ant or bug problem. Persons are be careful not to have substances that can attract ants in their bags, because it suggest to me that the ants were actually in the bag in the room and then taken to the storage area.

Reviewed February 7, 2010

I have been to Negril before; but Shield served the best food in nice surroundings. The staff team are an asset; any request is "No Problem" we will definately use Shields as our Jamaica base and plan to return this autumn. I would luv to see management start a staff award scheme to show off pics of those who go way and beyond the call of duty! Maureen and Flemming looked after our every need; you dont need anything more than what Shields can offer the food was brilliant and not expensive; Just cant wait to come back. Shields is well worth a visit

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I went to shields for a vacation with wife . I was satisfied with the room size however the beds were lumpy and the toilet was prone to being plugged. Rooms were cleaned daily and replacement sheets and towels were also replaced at daily intervals.

I was not satisfied with the "breakfast" which consisted of cold eggs and toast. . 2 days into the trip it the breakfast turned to just toast . I was told I would have to pay 18.00 usd to have the eggs again . I refused .

The highlight of the stay was when we found a wonderful resturant run by a lady named "Fatty" directly across the street. She serves authentic jamaican cusine at a reasonable price.

There is no nightlife at shields hotel . If you want fun I suggest u go to the hotel next door called travellers hotel . They have a nightclub and free internet you can use .

If I had to do it again I would go to travellers and eat across the street at Fatty's , and hit Jungle nightclub , every thursday , The Club at the travellers hotel friday , and do the beach party thing on sunday night . Hope this helps.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank blk_honda
Shenvil, Manager at Shields Negril Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2010

As the Hotel Manager of Shields , I am disappointed with the content of this review. Guest checks in the hotel on a continental breakfast plan for two days.

However upon check in , guest was in fact given a full breakfast coupon in error. Front Office Manager discovered error, and immediately informed the guest, who had used up his full breakfast coupon over two days period.

Their stay was extended for another three days, and they were given the correct continental breakfast coupon which they utilized. They were given the option of an upgrade at US$3 per day per breakfast, totaling US$18 for the three days.

The hotel received no complaint in the inception that they had a problem with their breakfast. It was only after having received the correct breakfast type that this was mentioned.

I hope that this respond will in fact clarify any misunderstanding, since we were not informed that the guest had a problem with their breakfast.

Reviewed December 14, 2009

Shields Negril Villas is yet a simple but fantastic hotel with an extremely friendly and thoughtful staff!
Thanks to Alicia, Samantha, Maureen, David, Vincent, Timothy, ... and all the others for the very pleasant stay.
We will be back!