All reviewshang your clothescable channelscoffee makerwould highly recommend this hotelsecurity guardpeasjerk chickenlobsterkitchenettebedroomdressertoasterjamaicabeachsinkmaids
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I stayed at Shields Negril Villas for 3 weeks and really had the time of my life. The hotel was nice, small and clean. I especially liked the staff, who was really nice and sweet at all times. All meals are served right at the ocean and in the evening you can watch the beautiful sunset while having dinner. You can walk to Negril town and to all other places around easily. The hotel lies a bit off the bigger hotels, so you can enjoy lying on the beach without being surrounded by hundreds of other tourists. I've never been so relaxed like on this holiday and I would like to come back to Shields Negril as soon as possible!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MaryLouHamburg
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Ok, I have to admit we were a bit apprehensive because we could not find any recent reviews on this property and chose it mainly based upon price. Once we got past the initial shock [because we are used to staying in 3-4* places], we absolutely loved it! Three girls needed a winter break from Chicago and we were looking for value for our 4 nights, 2/28-3/4. The 2 bedroom 'villa'-not sure why they call it a villa, was perfect for us, our rooms were 21a and b. It had one room with a full size bed and a dining table as well as a kitchenette and the second bedroom had 2 full size beds. The decor was minimal, although we did have a coffee maker, microwave, 4 eye stove and a fridge. The bathroom was simple, but clean. They were tv's in both bedrooms [with cable]. On the 2 bed side the door opened to a balcony for sitting, with a partial view of the water and another property which included small cottages. One of the most interesting things about the property next door was the rooster and baby chicks--it was pretty cool. We didn't have much interaction with the front desk people, but I would describe them as professional. However, our housekeeper Raquel, was very friendly and didn't mind having a conversation at all. The location was great, about a quarter to half-mile to the 'round about,' which is downtown. You can hit the grocery and souvenir stores and also pick-up some patties at the restaurant/bakery. What was even better is that Shields is on the beach, we parked on the beach everyday and had lunch at the hotel grill. The food was good, never tried dinner though. So, if you have a family or a small group of friends looking for a good island value, I recommend Shields. RESPECT MON! I'll upload some pics when I get a chance.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank adm0705
Reviewed August 27, 2008

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Shenvil, General Manger/owner at Shields Negril Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2008

Reviewed July 7, 2008

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2008

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)