Sea Grape Villas
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Negril
See available hotels
  • Pool
The Caves(Negril)
Citronella(Negril)
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsbig grapemaster suitewest endliving roomwonderful hostseach morningisland feelalready booked for next yearlittle piece of paradisethe cottagesinsect repellentday bedamazing vacationopen airjerk chickenbeautiful propertylobster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I first visited Negril in 1973 and have been coming back for all these years, first as a single girl and in recent years as a wife.
We love this small resort because of its privacy and service. We stay at the Sea Grape which is sooooooo private. We have dinner each night that is prepared by Juicy and I must say, that it is quite good!!!!!! We dine while watching the sun set. The two other workers are lovely Christine and Bentley.
We snorkel there each day and we love it.
It is quiet and romantic.
Margo will organize the trabnsfer.
We go to the beach when we want some shallow water to swim in.
There is a Mini Mart right across the road and that makes it convenient for buying your -do- it -yourself blender drinks.
The villa, itself, is immaculate. We bring our own music and we have the privacy to listen to our favorite tunes all week long.
THIS IS THE BEST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will not go anywhere else!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2009

My wife and I spent a week at Sea Grape last summer and it was an amazing experience and we are actually planning to go back this summer. The cottage we stayed in was amazing and the view of the cliffs overlooking the ocean was spectacular. Every morning we would get up to watch the sun rise over the Caribbean and go for a quick swim. The set up of the resort allows you to feel you are in a secluded resort even though all of the exciting Negril hot spots are easy to get to.

When we arrived the staff greeted us at the gate and as we walked down the pathway to our cottage it was amazing and we knew we had arrived at an island paradise. The chef visited us shortly after we checked in and asked if we would like to eat dinner on the premises. Since we had had a long flight and were enjoying the view, we said that sounded fantastic. We had the most amazing jerk chicken ever, this was not fake Americanized chain Jamaican food, but an amazing meal that made us feel that we were getting a true Jamaica experience.

Even though you are in a secluded resort everything that you read about Negril is right at your fingertips. We went into town, visited Rick's Cafe (highly recommend) all with easy two minute cab rides. Additionally when we needed gatorade or aspirin (a few too many mojitos one evening) there is a neighborhood market within walking distance that has everything you need and a great staff that let us in on the secret spots of Negril (non-touristy points to hit on your trip).

This was a trip that surpassed our expectations, and we will be back at Sea Grape this summer.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2009

My fiance and I first stayed at SeaGrape Villas in July and returned for a week over Xmas 2008. We were looking for a beautiful tropical destination with plenty of privacy that is directly on the water. SeaGrape really is a little piece of paradise.

The owners arranged a taxi from the airport for us. As you step onto the grounds, you are surrounded by coconut palms and lush, colorful gardens everywhere.

We stayed at Wild Grape in July, Big Grape over Xmas. Both were very clean, spacious, and private with easy sea access. We spent hours each day floating in the water, swimming, and snorkeling. And the sunsets were gorgeous too -- green flash!!!

Most nights we ate Juicy's delicious food, which was far better and cheaper than the nearby restaurants. Plus, it was served right on our veranda.

SeaGrape is the perfect place to escape the stresses of the world. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Ok, so the story begins when I started off with just a party of two, (my husband and I for his birthday) then added two more to my party AND PAID THE EXTRA FEE FOR THE SAME UNIT for the two extra people as it was the three bedroom unit).

And we are still wondering what they extra fee per day per extra person is for…..

The villa was so so. The pictures provided by the site are actually nicer than the grounds itself. That must have been how it looked in its “hay day”. When there, it looks like they are “work in progress”; dull looking grounds, not tropical or colorful at all!

Also, it was not very peaceful at night as store across the street and locals party and hang out all night sound like they are fighting. Even with our windows closed in the bedroom, they sound like they are on speaker phone! Also sounds scary like they are going to break into a fight at anytime. MY husband didn’t and brother in law didn’t; feel comfortable leaving me or our items in the villa alone.

We were advised by the owner that we have to tip all three staff b/ that’s how they are paid (chef, cook and grounds gardener; yes the gardener who I learned just sits up front listening to “life”? and tends to the ground mutts who walk around aimlessly to “guard” you whenever you leave your porch)

BAMBOOZLED
So it says a private chef and maid included. Bogus….

FIRST Bamboozle
So it says personal chef included in the costs??? So when you get there they tell you there is a fee per person per meal!!!! WHAT!

We were told before we booked that you only pay extra for meals if you order something NOT on the MENU! What do you do when you’re 3000 miles away from home??? (The first night, you pay b/c you’ve been stuck in a plane for a day and are starved after eating $10 a meal airplane food and plan for the next 5 days.)

Then what is the extra fee per person for??? Cleaning right, ok, or maybe NOT….

We had already paid in CA$H, which should have been a sign, so what were we going to do???? Just make the best of it for my husband’s birthday….

Lesson learned: bring extra extra cash to fee your family and your invited guests on vacation.

SECOND Bamboozle
Chef was supposed to cook our first night. He was there when we arrived then finally at 9pm when we went up front to find him and they didn’t know where he was??? The grounds man nonchalantly let me know he would let him know we were looking for him on tomorrow, when we informed him we were still waiting for our dinner.Obviously not his problem as he repeated he would let him know on tomorrow. Hello, just did a nearly 20 hour international flight and I left the property for a little time to give him time to cook our requested food!!! NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!!!

Lesson learned: we can only rely on our party for food and bring a lot of snacks in your purse just in case and bring your own personal chefs on vacation (my hubby, brother in law and hubby’s child hood friend are chefs at heart and graciously got up and cooked magnificent meals every morning and night to cheer me up over my unbelievable dismay at being bamboozled….

THIRD Bamboozle
So a maid is included. She came by the second day to change towels. My husband was already in the kitchen washing dishes from the delicious breakfast he and his brother had prepared, so I let her know the kitchen was fine for today and that we were leaving in a few minutes and she could return then to attend the house. NEVER saw her again until a few days later when the cable guy came and she hung around to see what was on TV with my brother in law who only came to lay and watch TV for his vacation. Yes, she was just standing around watching TV as my brother in law was shocked that we only ha cartoon channels in the living room. She finally left. Now note when I say we never saw her, I mean she NEVER CLEANED, WASHED TOWELS OR ANYTHING!!!!!! Luckily by cleaning supplies b/c I like to bleach down villas and clean the tub myself before I get in and travel with my own cleaning supplies, b/c you never know…. So what was the extra $ for, to accommodate the cleaning of the extra two guests? No obviously not….

FOURTH Bamboozle
Advertisement said cable TV, but NOT! My brother in law is a cop and takes very infrequent vacation and on his off time likes to relax and watch cable! They finally called a cable person who came halfway through her trip and he did something which showed cartoon stations. No kids on the trip so not impressive! Luckily I brought my computer so he was able to watch movies I had. Oh, yeah they had a scrabble game, which was probably the best thing of the villa, an OLD scrabble game.

FIFTH Bamboozle
Wireless Internet: OK, it works sometimes, but not always, so that was stressful b/c I needed to check in to my work email and couldn’t do that! Also,, it was slow and froze a lot and kept loosing connection. Plus, I wanted to show m guests the villas website and emails to show how misleading they are and what there personal emails to me said versus what we got while we were there so they would see why I was so distraught over the place and service. (But my hubby did warn me on our first day as he counted out nearly one thousand in cash to pay the place that it was not worth it…he was right).

SIX Bamboozle
Air Conditioned Bedrooms with Mosquito Enabled Doors The bedrooms have air condition, but then you have to decide if you want to sleep in a cool air conditioned bedroom with a LOUD NOISY air condition unit in the window or sleep in HOT tranquil bedroom with no air, but quiet b/c the unit is not shrieking (quite but no air).

The other bedroom, (smaller room but bigger closet?) air unit didn’t work well, so even though he kept that unit air on, it never got really cool.

And while the bedrooms had mosquito screens on the doors, they did NOT close all the way. IF you are inside at night you can place something against the door to keep the mosquitoes out a night, but then you’re trapped in the room with all the mosquitoes which came in to lie in wait for us during the day because there is no way to keep the bedroom doors shut all the way when you are OUTSIDE the room!!!

SEVENTH Bamboozle
So I know on one of the pixs a prior guest showed a cockroach in a drink, I laughed it off when I saw it, until I saw my first big red “friend” visitor went walking along our bedroom floor one night! See my picture!! The cockroaches are HUMUNGOUS!!! How do you sleep with cockroaches bigger than a man’s BIG toe walking around???? (Hey I sleep with my mouth open, not pretty, but honest). These uninvited guests competed with the fleas on the site which continued to bite my ankles. But I guess I should be glad I didn’t have to PAY the villa more for these extra guests, but I guess they were our presents from them, housewarming of a sort.

Hot Water & Parking
So they did have warm water to shower, but only one room can use warm water at a time, so don’t shower when someone is in kitchen running water cleaning dishes b/c the shower goes cold.

You park on a dirt path and as you can imagine with the rain, the card and window gets filthy and unsafe to drive on the winding roads. So when we went to grab the hose lying around to wash off the dust, they came running out and told us NOT to waste their water. Can you believe that??? A thousand dollars for four nights, no one has cooked or cleaned a single day and they are ostracizing us about running water over the car for our safety???

So needless to say, I would NEVER recommend this place, ESPECIALLY for the price. The staff was definitely unfriendly, the grounds meagerly attended to and the accommodations undesirable and advertisement, dishonest!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank angel_esq
Management response:Responded March 11, 2011

The person who wrote this review was angry from the get-go because she somehow, erroneously, got the idea that it was an all- inclusive, that all meals were included. No one has ever gotten that idea before, from the web site or from email or phone correspondence. She absolutely was NOT told "before we booked that you only pay extra for meals if you order something NOT on the MENU! " Because of her anger, due to her own mistake, she found or created all sorts of things that were wrong with her villa and with our good and friendly staff. Regarding paying for the extra person, I see that most properties add a charge for extra guests. It is normal.

Guests have never been told that they must tip. Tipping and the amount of the tip is always optional wherever you stay. The staff receives a salary. The gardener who is so denigrated in the review does a conscientious job and also serves as night watchman. He cannot work 24 hours a day so he rests in the hot afternoon. The gardens were not in the best shape at the time due to a bad storm shortly before her visit. The housekeeper cleans the house, makes the beds, and of course washes the towels whether the guests are there to see it or not! Sheets and towels are of course not washed in the guests' villa, but in a separate service area. I have never heard of anyone bringing their own cleaning supplies on vacation.

Reviewed January 18, 2008

We stumbled upon this place quite by accident looking for somewhere to get married that would be very private and secluded.

The Sea Grape Villas on the west end of Negril Jamaica in the cliffs was just what we wanted and thought we would never find.
The staff can't do enough to please you. We were married on the grounds of this place and that morning they set up the spot for the ceremony - it was beautiful - the flowers they put together for for bouquet was breathtaking. They handled everything for us - the ceremony was everything we wanted.

Everything we requested appeared like magic- Forget going to any of the resteraunts to eat- the food that the cook "Juicy" prepares is the best ever.

Margo Green the owner was very, very helpful with all of our questions and requests before we got there.

May 9- 15, 2007