Oleander made the reservation process seamless & promptly answered all questions. The villa is absolutely amazing! Very clean & spacious! The house staff were accommodating to our every desire & need! We will definitely be reserving again when we return to Negril next year!!
A group of 5 people from the UK stayed in Little Bay Villas for 6 days following a Wedding which took place in Montego Bay. The villa itself is superb, clean, spacious and with magnificent views of Negril. Our stay was made really special by Julie and her colleague Ann Marie. They gave us tips on where to buy local produce, access a driver and places to eat. Most importantly, they cooked us the most fabulous meals - much better than what is offered at the local restaurants. They even helped us to host the wedding party - by providing BBQ jerk chicken for our guests. They were certainly impressed with our choice of accommodation!
The beach is secluded and the pool is kept well.
The villa surpassed our expectations in terms of quality and service and I would certainly recommend the accommodation to others wishing to experience the villa lifestyle in JA.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
We knew nothing about Negril and discovered a true gem when we stumbled upon Little Bay. Like anything, there are some Pros/Cons. Overall, however, our stay was awesome. Here's a quick synopsis of our trip.
1) We found Kenny, the driver, online before going over. His phone number is 876.384.1371. Kenny was incredible and made our Family's vacation so enjoyable. He's extremely friendly and has a great demeanor to be around kids/teenagers. I mean we laughed so hard with guy. When our family seemed tired or beat, Kenny was like a local Cheerleader. He challenged us to get out and see the country. Kenny is proud of Negril and loves to show it off. Notwithstanding, Kenny knows his country's history and shares it during every trip. Kenny is also reliable and will never leave you stranded. He's also the cheapest driver you'll find in the area.
2) Location - Little Bay is pretty far out from the main town of Negril. It's about a 5-10 minute drive into the town depending on where you're going so be aware. Initially, we thought that was going to be a problem, but Kenny, the driver above, was always there. Without a reliable driver, you'll be stranded at Little Bay. Our family enjoyed being away from the town. It gave our family time to really spend some quality time together. For that, the location works. And for a family vacation, isn't quality time what you want?
3) The Villa's. We stayed in #103. It was lovely. We had a perfect view of the ocean and access to the pool. The Villas are clean, spacious and very modern.
4) Negril - If you don't know already, Jamaica is a fairly poor country. The people survive off of tourism. That said, expect every person you come in contact with to try and get a little something from you albeit a tip or successful sell.
5) Beaches - Best beaches in the world. Not a lot of waves, but the water is warm, soothing, and just relaxing. Also - no sharks!!
6) Activities - Our family decided to use our week to do things and experience the culture and town. With Kenny, we were able to eat at some of the best local restaurants (wouldn't have found them without his help). Kenny set us up with a snorkeling trip which was unbelievable (safe too), we ate fresh lobster at one of the local islands, we visited an indigenous Rasta villiage in Montego Bay, We heard live reggae music, we visited the waterfalls, Jumped off the cliffs at "Ricks" café.
7) Things to know.
- Learn the money and convert your money into local currency and don't let the locals reconvert. Try to get everything quoted in local dollars first.
- Don't rent a car in Negril or you'll be coming back via Medical Evacuation. The drivers are horrible and this is coming from someone accustomed to driving in NY and DC. These drivers quite frankly, suck. Negril traffic system is similar to the US in the 1970s - drinking and driving, no seat belts and no traffic signals. Trust me, use Kenny if he's available.
-Read up on sandfleas. They are everywhere. Two of our family members are still scratching.
-Everyone in the country pretty much smokes marijuana so take no offense. It actually has a fairly pleasant smell once you get used to it burning. And if you smoke, you won't have a hard time finding some. We are asked at least 3 times a day if we needed some.
-Okay, this is cool. I never went into a dirty bathroom. It was the strangest thing that I really liked. No matter how dingy the bar or restaurant, the restrooms were always presentable. Unlike Americans, they cleanup after themselves.
-Service. The food is great, the people are nice, but they're still learning about customer service. Just be patient.
-Wifi. It's everywhere. We cut our kids data off before landing and they never missed it. They only time they weren't connected was when they were in the water or in the car. You don't need any extra coverage going over. Just use the available wifi. It's literally everywhere in Negril.
Summary - We loved our stay. We loved Little Bay and we loved Kenny! We'd live in Little Bay forever if we could. I hope this helps you in your journey. It's a great place, but you'll need Kenny on your side to have the best time.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|