“Negril Quiet Hide-away (actually in Hanover on...”
other travelers have booked this property
Infinity Pool on the Beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Infinity Pool on the Beach
View of infinity pool, beach and sea
This is a fish santuary and Turtles lay their eggs on the beach
Front of Property (The blue one)
Lounge and dinning area
Dining Area
Lounge
Dining area from kitchen
Dining Area (from lounge)
Lounge
Bedroom 'Breeze' Balcony
'Breeze bedroom'
'Breeze' bedroom
Bathroom 2
Al fresco dining with sea view
Relax on the terrace
Your Private Garden
Garden
BBQ terrace
Garden
Path to Sunset terrace
Sunset terrace
Day view from sunset terrace... listen to the sound of the sea...
Night view from sunset terrace... Spectacular!
view from the rock garden
Sunset from the Terrace
The best sunset
Enjoy!!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Stephanie...
Newport, Rhode Island
“Negril Quiet Hide-away (actually in Hanover on Westmorland Border)”
Reviewed February 18, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

Initially we were taken aback , by the numbers of condos in this development .However, after a day exploring, we were grateful and each day we were more and more thankful that this was our home for a week. Excellent Security, the most beautiful garden surrounding the house. As far as venturing out for sunsets- the best view and service is right here at Butterfly House ( at the Gazebo- 50 steps from the back deck ! The kitchen is well equipped, beds are wonderfully firm ( and new)- The sofa bed was also comfortable . Great breezes, screens on all windows and atrium doors, plenty of shade throughout the property.
The Beach is relatively private, a few others but not more than 15 at all times between the pool and beach. Best snorkeling directly out in front of the beach. The Owners Ben and Verna have been lovely, attentive and most helpful. Be sure to ask for the driving directions !The back deck has been a great spot to have breakfast, dinner, with a lovely gas grill to cook your own dinners. Fish monger in town just after the Hi-Lo Grocery store. Making red snapper tonight ! Vegetable man comes on Monday and Friday between 9 - 10:00 in the Condo complex- use him !The Other renters/Owners here have been most gracious, the gardeners also ! Donavan for fruits just past the fish monger on the left. Excellent Internet- never down or buffering. Perfect trees to hang a hammock. Never needed the Air conditioning !!!

Feb 19, 2017
We are soooo HaPpY you all enjoyed staying at our home and loved the garden, the gazebo, beach and community!! Wow you settled straight in and really got to know the area... no question, you will always be welcomed back to your second home in the sun!! Have a safe flight.
Sending you hugs
Verna & Ben xx
kategeern...
Bath, United Kingdom
“...and Paradise we were welcomed to...”
Reviewed January 16, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We normally stay in all-inclusive hotels, this was the first time we rented a holiday home. We were not sure what to expect, but so glad we stayed at Butterfly House. We are a family of 4 and all of us agreed that this was the best holiday we have EVER had!! The house was beautiful, clean and spacious with everything we needed, even provided plenty of beach towels. The garden, oh my god, the best place on the complex, truly a little piece of paradise. We loved the private Gazebo at the far end of the garden overlooking the Caribbean Sea, and views of Negril. Morning coffee and sunset was always at the Gazebo! So peaceful and relaxing. This is a new complex with good security and we always felt safe.

Excellent huge pool and great beach, not many people at the beach so felt very private and no one hassling you...did I say this was paradise!!

Our host Ben & Verna will always have a special place in our heart, they were soooo easy going and friendly, sent us comprehensive information about Butterfly House, what to see, where to eat, meal delivery service...it was all there and very very helpful. They kept in touch throughout our holiday... obviously cared that we were having a good time - first class Verna and Ben thank you so much!!

Kevin (our taxi driver) knew all the right places to take us, he was great fun and kept the boys entertained, they loved learning the Jamaican Patios.

We will definitely book Butterfly House again - no question, highly recommended.

Your age range 35-49
Feb 19, 2017
Oh thank you so much for taking time out to write such a great review of your holiday and our home... Fantastic family, everyone we have spoken to loved you guys!
Nuff Respect
Verna & Ben xx
Sam74
London
“Our return trip to paradise - a.k.a Butterfly House”
Reviewed November 13, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

As amazing as our first visit here last October, Butterfly House is our dream escape destination. When we knew that we were coming back to Jamaica, it was a given that we would stay here again.

My husband, son and I stayed at Butterfly House at the start of November for 4 nights - we returned and immediately exhaled.
This time we met the hosts who were extremely welcoming and made us feel right at home. They have worked wonders on building up the garden with flowers and plants which make it even more of a secluded spot.

A modern, fresh and airy house with an exception location for going to the West End side of Negril or staying within the secure, gated community. The house was clean and well maintained, and the bedrooms were configured for our needs.

The country club's private beach and pool were still refreshingly quiet and well maintained.
Then there is that view at the bottom of the garden - of the ocean and the coastline of Negril. This place is the closest to paradise that we have experienced.

We thoroughly recommend Rik's Cafe for the divers and atmosphere, and a new find that our hosts recommended - Kenny's Italian restaurant (a real chilled vibe and great seafood pizzas) and Best of the West Jerk Centre. (If you are a meat lover, you have to try it)

We look forward to planning our next trip to this wonderful spot. Thanks so much for having us!!!

Sam, D & M.

MelaninSu...
“Much room for improvement”
Reviewed October 21, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Positives
- Unit 105 has a Gazebo with overlooks the Caribbean Sea, this is by far the best location on the island of Negril to enjoy the sun, sea and sunsets.
- Use of a mobile phone with the house is helpful.
- There are guides and recommendation of local places to eat and shop, very helpful.
- The private beach, which is 5 min walk from Unit 105 is tranquil
- Good air conditioning in most rooms
- Generally furnished to a high standard
- On arrival we felt in good hands, we called Kevin the recommended Taxi driver, once from England and they collected us from the airport and co-ordinated arrival at Unit 105

Negatives
- Had a shocking call with the owner, Benjamin, when I attempted to correct Ben on the pronunciation of my own name, I was met with hostility. I was left feeling like my name or me as a customer didn't have much value. By far the worst level of customer service I have EVER received from a hotel / accommodation booking.
- Didn't like how the owners managed our request for a late check out. Booking made in July, stated checking out on last day is a 11am, our flight was in the evening so we requested a check out for 3 pm, way back in July. Took the owners over one month to reply (they replied in early September) to the request and then they said no. The no reply came after the deposit and outstanding payment for the rental were paid. Eventually after 2 hours worth of multiple phone calls, we were given a late checkout of 2pm. Owners should have addresses this straight away without additional stress. Based on the attitude of the owner I requested a cancellation of the booking, but this was ignored and if we didn't go we could have lost the payment made.
- Internet connection out for 4 days, on first day we arrived. No fault of owners I guess, but they should do proper checks before each guest checks-in. On day 2 we bought a mobile internet dongle and this cost was reimburse to us by the owners.
- We looked forward to Mama D's cooking many meals for us, but there were punctuality and trust issues. Mama D recommended a fish dish and offered to get the items from the market. The cost of the fish in Jamaican Dollar, was too much and we were overcharged. We asked Mama D to attend and cook meals at specific times, but she came outside of those times during the working period of the day. The mobile internet dongle cost 8200 Jamaican Dollars, Mama D was with us when we purchased it, the next day she gave us 8000 Jamaican Dollars, we later received an email from the owner stating they gave Mama D, 8500 Jamaican Dollars to reimburse us. As Im on holiday and want to relax and unwind, and didn't address this, talking to Mama D or talking to the owners, so I let it slide quietly, but felt like we were being short changed, so we didn't ask Mama D to attend anymore.
- For a holiday let that's positioned as a luxury rental, there so much fundamental attention to detail that is lacking:
- Shower head holder was broken before our stay and not fixed
- Bathroom door handle broken before our stay and not fixed
- Some blinds were broken and the blinds couldn't wind up properly before our stay and not fixed
- The fridge was not clean properly before we checked in.
- Some of the kitchen cupboard handles felt grubby and needed a deep clean
- Dinning table was dressed with cheap placements (not the ones pictured)
- Toilets and bathroom weren't cleaned properly before we arrived, we had to ask Mama D to address them on two day.
- There were builders in the garden tending to next door property almost everyday. Brining noise and disrupting what seems like a peaceful area. We should have been warned about this beforehand
- During the stay, there was a hurricane warning. We received a call from the owner, staying that they wanted some people to come to the property and make it safe for us for the hurricane, basically we thought they wanted to ensure our safety, but what they were instructed to do was move the BBQ and other expensive furniture inside. However, this reduce our available space in the lounge and in one of the bedroom. Butterfly House garden had so many loose garden furniture that was left outside, that it was clear our safety wasn't the number one priority but more so the safety of some contents of the house. No consideration was given into our comfort in the house with garden furniture, which was now inside the house.

Overall we did enjoy our stay in Negril, Unit 105 certainly has potential and is located in a nice county club, I feel if the negatives were addressed and the owners paid more attention to the individual customer, it would improve my perception of their customer service handling.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Gazebo
Liked least: Inital calls with the owner
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
A TripAdvisor Member
“Jamaican Negril Paradise”
Reviewed October 11, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Where do I start? Watching beautiful sunsets, lounging poolside at the private pool, the peace of mind of being in a secure private gated community, friendly security personnel, the Dream Weekend parties that were happening in the area, the private beach, the beautiful back yard with the views of the water and boaters speeding by, the GAZEBO - which is my favorite spot of the house. I could go on forever about how amazing this house is, as it's just not a house but an experience that's way better than staying at a resort!

O.k here's my story (or part or it) ....

I'm in my late 20's and I'm from Kingston, Jamaica and Toronto Canada. I flew in from Canada with my cousin and a group of friends, as some of us have never been to Jamaica or haven't been back in 5 years plus. We really needed a vacation and decided to go to Negril.

Kevin's taxi service (recommended by Benjamin and Verna of Butterfly House) picked us up from the Montego Bay airport and drove us to Negril which took over an hour. I must say that his service was great and very professional.

After arriving at the house we're all pondering what to do next? Where to get food? Shopping? The nearest bank to withdraw funds etc? All that was supplied and more in the Butterfly House Handbook, I must say that I was very impressed with the preparation of this guide as it was very resourceful.
Mamma Dee (onsite housekeeper) was also very helpful and courteous.

I loved the interior design of the house - it has a clean all white and paradise feel, with a dash of bright colors.

We all felt safe, happy, and became family in that house. It was a pleasurable experience and Butterfly House will always have a special place in our vacation hearts. One of, or the top spot vacation spot in Negril, I'll so never do a resort when I have all this lol.

We all can't wait to go back :) And everyone who I showed the house pictures to, got really jealous lol in a good way.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sunsets and night vibes at the Gazebo
Liked least: Internet issues
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Montoiac
“A little preview of heaven.”
Reviewed July 21, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Better than on time transportation courtesy of Kevin and Mr. Vincent. Extremely peaceful nights of rest. Love, love, love me some Momma Dee. I highly recommend staying at Butterfly House.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jul 25, 2016
So happy to hear that you were able to relax and unwind at Butterfly House. Mamma Dee was so happy to meet you and looking forward to your next visit. Keep well and happy.
Verna & Ben
Shontel A
“Truly Home Away from Home”
Reviewed July 13, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

I don't enjoy writing but I wanted to take my time with this review because I don't feel like I could possibly say enough to describe how amazing the time spent at Butterfly House was for me and my two best friends. But! I'm definitely going to try.

Booking:
Communicating with Ben and Verna was easy and each email was a pleasant and professional exchange. I expressed to them my reason for getting away (a very special birthday celebration with the girls) and they made sure we had everything we needed before we even got there.

Airport Pickup:
Verna and Ben connected us with Kevin Edwards who was not only at the airport waiting patiently while one of my friends searched for her misplaced bag, but his energy was through the roof! When we finally exited the airport he was standing there smiling and cheering with a sign that said "Happy Birthday Ms. A". What a warm welcome!! Kevin was there when we needed him and his attitude remained positive. Later in our stay he took us on the most miraculous tour of The Black River, YS Falls and the Pelican Bar. This tour included a yummy lobster dinner on the beach. Outside of that, anything we wanted to eat we could just tell Kevin and he knew the best place to get it and didn't mind taking us on store runs. He also took us to this cool beach side bar & grill called Dru's, which we loved so much that we went back every single day we were in Negril. Kevin's service is truly unmatched and priceless.

Butterfly House:
This house is located in a very pretty gated community which automatically makes you feel secure. There's an actual security guard at the gate 24 hours a day that will only allow access to those with their names on a list. Now to the house! Let me just say, the still pictures here don't do this place justice so I've taken it upon myself to include a video of my FAVORITE part of the house, the amazing backyard (Just realized there's no place to add videos). Walking in, we were greeted by Mama Dee's smiling face and it felt just like home, very warm and positive energy. The house is immaculate. It's very clean and modern. Very comfortable. Both rooms are spacey and beautiful but the view from the coral room can't be beat! My friends were nice enough to let me stay in that room because we were celebrating my birthday :) The bathrooms are very clean and white. One even has a huge bathtub overlooking the ocean. We had everything we needed in the kitchen and each room also has a television. We spent most of our time outside overlooking the cliffs in the private cabana located in the backyard. There's also a private beach and infinity pool just a block from butterfly house that's strictly for those in the gated community. Mama Dee cooked for us on my actual birthday and both meals were very authentically Jamaican and delicious. She even went out and got a birthday cake for me (very tasty by the way). Verna called and wished me a happy birthday from her and Ben and they even sent a bottle of wine!

You couldn't possibly get the kind of service in any resort that would match the service we received at Butterfly House. The house has wi-fi so we stayed connected to our friends at home and posted tons of snaps. I'm already planning my return trip and I'll definitely be staying at butterfly house so Kevin, Mama Dee...see you soon!! Dearest Verna and Ben, thank you soooooo much!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 21, 2016
Your review almost made me cry with joy. Knowing that it was your special Birthday we were determined that you should enjoy it... by having fun, relaxing and reflecting, and not having to worry about a thing! so was really really happy to read your review, it makes all the difference to us... I like your idea of the video, will try to get this organised next time we are there. (maybe you could email it to me) It was so nice and easy communicating with you and felt as if we have known each other for a long time. Mamma Dee and Kevin also felt the same... I'm not sure who had more fun on the tours... you guys or Kevin, I spoke with him every day & each time he reported how much fun it was with his beautiful crazy wonderful new friends... Come back soon, there is so much of the island to explore, your second home & garden in the sun awaits you... and so do we! One Love Verna, Ben , Mamma Dee & Kevin xx
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing