“Pristine and Perfect”
other travelers have booked this property
Infinity Pool on the Beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Infinity Pool on the Beach
View of infinity pool, beach and sea
This is a fish santuary and Turtles lay their eggs on the beach
Front of Property (The blue one)
Lounge and dinning area
Dining Area
Lounge
Dining area from kitchen
Dining Area (from lounge)
Lounge
Bedroom 'Breeze' Balcony
'Breeze bedroom'
'Breeze' bedroom
Bathroom 2
Al fresco dining with sea view
Relax on the terrace
Your Private Garden
Garden
BBQ terrace
Garden
Path to Sunset terrace
Sunset terrace
Day view from sunset terrace... listen to the sound of the sea...
Night view from sunset terrace... Spectacular!
view from the rock garden
Sunset from the Terrace
The best sunset
Enjoy!!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DianeCham...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Pristine and Perfect”
Reviewed April 27, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

i had the privilege of staying at Butterfly House for most of March this year. I have been traveling to Jamaica for over 30 years and know most of the places in Negril, Montego Bay and other parts of the island. I generally stay in small villas or private homes but have gone the all inclusive route and hotels. I can say with all honesty that this is the nicest place I have stayed at in all these years. The place is well appointed, clean, open and roomy, bright and offers all the amenities you could want. The manager and house person, Mama Dee is delightful and easy. The backyard opens to a spectacular garden that then butts up against the sea. There is a larger than life infinity pool on the complex and a good security system and crew. It was simply a fantastic place to be for a month, I would highly recommend Butterfly House to anyone who wants something other than a hotel room. I will also add that Verna and Ben were just awesome to work with. It is clear that they care deeply about the property, your comfort and ensuring that everything is just right.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was great, I would have to say that the back yard is spectacular!
Liked least: Not a big deal but as I am a cook, sharper knives would be great.
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
Jun 11, 2016
Hi Diane, Thank you so much for your lovely review. We so can't wait to welcome you back. Thanks also for looking after our home for a month it really was a pleasure to have such an easy going and truly wonderful person like you staying. Keep well and happy my dear. Cheers Verna & Ben x
Linda P
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Exclusive - Anti-All Inclusive”
Reviewed April 1, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

A quality condo with very honest, responsive hosts and the best landscaped property in the entire country club complex. Who needs Ricks Cafe view when you have the Butterfly House?

In my humble opinion, this place is TOP!
*5 communication with hosts
*5 safety & security of grounds & safe provided
*5 views, pool, common beach and quality of condo
*3.5-4 fine details of cleaning, no dishwasher (not so important), locks, doors and windows tricky, internet ok - safe for valuables super
*3 convenience without vehicle - far to walk to other Negril beaches, restaurants etc.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the views and the property
Liked least: problem with locks
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Jun 11, 2016
Hi Linda, Sorry for the late response here... It was great being in communication with you and thank you for sharing the videos and photos... lovely. So glad you had a super time at Butterfly House. Always nice to welcome such a lovely family... Keep well and happy Verna & Ben x
Pgouveia
“Jaw Dropping!!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

I want to start off by saying that this was probably one of the most spectacular places we have ever stayed at. From the moment we were picked up at the airport from our driver Kevin, we were made to feel special. During our drive, Kevin was very informative, showing us sites along the way. It was a short hour's drive from the airport to the Butterfly house at which point we were greeted by Verna. Upon our arrival, Verna offered us a beverage and then escorted us into her beautiful home. The minute we walked in both of our jaws dropped dropped. The place was absolutely stunning. She walked us around, explaining all of the amenities she had to offer. The grounds were breathtaking with views of the Caribbean. At the end of the garden is your own private Gazebo where you can sit at night and watch the stars. We had access to a private beach and infinity pool which were exceptionally clean. We also took advantage of the nanny - 'Momma D' who prepared some meals for us. We loved having Kevin drive you around to different places. Especially Rick's Cafe for the best sunset you will EVER see!!! Worth every penny. We would definitely book this place again and recommend ANYONE looking for a place in Negril to check this place out.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The backyard
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Feb 11, 2016
Thank you soooo much for your lovely review, much appreciated. It was also great to meet you both, looking forward to welcoming you back late summer... keep well, Nuff Respect! Verna x
Rachel Q
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Awful Host, Lovely House”
Reviewed January 15, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

First negative experience ever after staying in Negril over ten times!

Be aware the hospitality you'll receive from the host Verna is not like that of the culture here in Jamaica. Upon arrival we were notified there will be no wireless internet (not working) for our trip. We noted we had specifically looked for this when choosing a condo and felt we should be reimbursed at very least for my mum's foreign fees for the week(she's coming from NYC and works in sales). It was at this point I was told if I don't like it I should relocate to Merril's, a 3-star beach guesthouse down the road. I was shocked and nearly in tears-imagine that for a greeting! It may be island life-but we expect to get what we pay for. No wifi available at clubhouse either. We stayed for the week (offered one alternative wifi connection from neighbor 103-did not show up nor work.) However five locked internet wifi logins did come up on my phone. Clearly not a problem with neighbors wifi. Verna and Ben did let us know flow (local internet provider) should be by on Monday. Nobody came, and neither Verna nor Ben contacted us for the rest of the trip. At the very least a gesture could have been made.

House was lovely as expected, kitchen was great! Not located on 7-mile beach (10min driving from the town) but was good for us (super quiet) and we live here so had a car to get around.

Mama D was lovely and super friendly. Check out Bourbon Beach and Alfred's for nighttime music and entertainment.

Jan 28, 2016
We thought long and hard as to how to respond to this review, and decided that with so many mis-quotes and fabrication of the truth, we should simply let the other reviews give an indication as to what is really going on here...

Verna and Ben :(
Angelia F
“Paradise!”
Reviewed December 28, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

My spouse and I have visited Negril several times, but prior to this trip we always stayed at an All-Inclusive resort. This year we went a different route and rented a villa. Our stay at the Butterfly House was a much more enjoyable experience for us than the all-inclusive resorts. We had privacy and we had peace which is hard to come by at the resorts.The property was in a gated community which we felt very safe and secure in. The owners were very pleasant and a delight to work with. They provided us with all the information we needed. They answered all of our questions, and they got us in touch with the best driver (Kevin Edwards) and the best housekeeper (Mama Dee) on the island! The villa was beautifully appointed and had everything we needed to make our one week stay enjoyable. The grounds at the Butterfly House were probably the most immaculate grounds in the community! They were absolutely stunning. (The online pics don't do it justice) The sunrises and the sunsets from the gazebo were probably our favorite part. And we definitely understand why the house is called the Butterfly House...there were butterflies everywhere! We would highly recommend the Butterfly House, Kevin Edwards and Mama Dee! We can't wait to get back and stay there again!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and tranquility you cannot get at the All Inclusive resorts - the gazebo was the best!
Liked least: Mosquitoes (which is beyond the control of the property owners)
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Feb 11, 2016
Angelia, What a nice review, we are touched. I will pass your comments on to Rocky the gardener, he'll be well please!! Both Kevin & Mamma Dee said to say "Wah gwaan" (how goes it). Everyone loved you guys and can't wait to see you again. One Love... Verna
Sam74
London
“A magical slice of paradise”
Reviewed December 24, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Our time in Negril would not have been the same without our visit to Butterfly House. We truly did not want to leave!

The house was absolutely perfect, true to pictures posted and we felt at home as soon as we arrived and were greeted by Verna, our housekeeper for the stay. There was a very informative information pack waiting for us, along with some local treats.

We spent mornings on the terrace overlooking the ocean eating breakfast (you just have to order from Norman – amazing food!!!), lazy afternoons in the sun either at the private beach or by the infinity pool – we were the only ones there for most of our stay - so peaceful and secluded, it was sheer bliss for our 8-year-old child and us. We can't wait to come back to this wonderful property, the tropical weather and incredible the truly welcoming hospitality!

I cannot recommend Butterfly House enough! - Go check out Butterly House everyone!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serenity, the natural beauty and the wonderful ocean view garden terrace
Liked least: Having to leave Butterfly house at the end of our stay, devastating as we were so comfortable here
Families with young children
Feb 11, 2016
Sam, Thanks so much for taking time out to write us such a lovely review... Wow, your son really is a fish!! He was probably more in the pool and sea than he was on land... :) So glad that you all had an amazing time. Looking forward to welcoming you back... Cheers Verna & Ben
Dacia1016
Florida
“My fantabulous stay at Butterfly House”
Reviewed October 12, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

This was my very first time visiting Jamaica. I was very privileged to have this opportunity to stay at Butterfly House from August 26th-30th. I was very impressed by how welcoming they were and let alone how great their hospitality was. Butterfly house was very clean and accommodating, not once did I feel uncomfortable. The sightseeing was incredible; my three favorite places to be was the platform (amazing place to be to catch the sunset), the private pool and beach. I Really enjoyed every moment; taking us to places I’ve never been and seen along with great taxi services (Rick’s Café, Dunn’s River, Pelicans Bar, etc.) I have to give it to these two remarkable people for making my vacation phenomenal and unforgetable. The really sad part about my vacation was that I have to leave to get back to reality. Came back from vacation and I couldn’t shut up about my stay. For my next trip out to Jamaica I would definitely stay here, hands down. Rating this a five star is an understatement; they need to add more stars. Definitely recommend this place to anyone; for people with kids just keep a close eye on them (I know they can be as adventrous like myself)

Liked best: The Platform with amazing view of the sunset
Liked least: Having to leave for home
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Oct 13, 2015
We are so happy that you had an amazing time at Butterfly House. You guys were the perfect guests and we are looking forward to welcoming you back next year. Nuff Respect!! Verna & Benjamin
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing