“excellent food and location”
Review of Kuyaba Negril

Kuyaba Negril
Ranked #12 of 196 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Leander, Texas, United States
“excellent food and location”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The food here was fantastic, perhaps the best crab cakes I have ever had and the brown stew was great too. Lots of character int eh decorations and an awesome ocean view.

1 Thank Ed P

• Polish first
Mansfield, TX
“Best grilled lobster! Omg.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The food is always wonderful here. The staff is great. The view of the sea is breathtaking. The drinks and dessert are amazing

Brooklyn, New York
“AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS...”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

All meals are wonderful and fresh!!! I ate the Jamaican Breakfast every morning, and had different dishes for lunch and dinner. Soup is wonderful! Jumbo Pepper Shrimp are yummy, but a bit too big and they were a lil on the tough side the night we had them. However, we had them on another visit to Negril in May, and they were cooked to perfection.

Auburn, New York
“Rehearsal dinner at Kuyaba”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We chose Kuyaba because of the beautiful setting right on the beach. My mother-in-law commented on how great the staff was at communicating via email about our event. The day before the rehearsal dinner, we sat down with several staff members, including the manager, to discuss specifics and make sure we were all on the same page. When we arrived, everything looked gorgeous.

However, once we sat down for dinner, things went downhill. We were told that the servers would go around to our guests to double check what they had ordered for dinner (to ensure that counts were correct.) They did not do this. Service was disorganized and chaotic. Therefore, when dinners came out the servers were calling out the meals and giving them to anyone who said they ordered it. Somehow, this resulted in two guests not having meals - including my mother-in-law. It took quite a long time for the kitchen to produce one of those meals but they never ended up serving my MIL. The food overall was just okay.

Another issue was with the drink service. We had pre-selected specific wines, liquors, and beers to be served to our guests. However, the servers disregarded this completely. I saw them ask someone what type of vodka they wanted, when we had specifically told them Absolute. I saw them serve someone whiskey when we had told them rum, vodka, and tequila. I could go on and on. It was no surprise then, at the end of the night, that the drink bill was outrageous.

We ended the night with a bonfire on the beach, which was a nice idea. However, we were constantly harassed by locals trying to sell us drugs. Their "security guard" sat back and watched it all happen.

Kuyaba was a disappointment. I should have listened to the reviews and gone somewhere with a similar setting but better service. Don't make my mistake. You can find better food and service elsewhere in Negril.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great location and service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Joanne is a lovely waitress. The food was disappointing though. Not much imagination. They did have a few vegan options which is excellent but I selected Rasta Pasta which sounded nicer than it was. It was boring. My sister had crab cakes which she enjoyed but the salad it came with again lacked imagination and we didn't expect iceberg lettuce at these prices. My rum cake was nice enough but very sweet. My sisters chocolate cake was too sweet to eat and really tasted like a cheap frozen cake. Quite expensive for what we got but this place isn't just about the food. The location is pretty and sunset and ambiance is fanatic and as already said the waitress is lovely. We would go back add it was a nice evening.

• Visited July 2013