“SPECTACULAR!!!!!!”
Review of Citronella

We can't find prices for this hotel
Citronella
Ranked #48 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Walking through the gates of Citronella was like stepping into a tropical paradise. My week long stay was extremely relaxing and there were memorable adventures daily. Privacy at the pristine Cove House was unbelievable. The views were indescribable and the interior décor was perfect with local Jamaican style. The staff was very accommodating and friendly and provided whatever was needed. Each glorious sunrise and spectacular sunset made every day unforgettable. Nightly star gazing after dinner was an experience of heaven on earth. I look forward Walking to my next fantasy vacation at Citronella and one that everyone should experience!!

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank coconut5

Reviewed July 5, 2010

This was my favorite vacation yet!! We had so much fun. The views were to die for!! My husband and I would love to return someday soon. We fell in love with Jamaica 100%. Everyone that worked at Citronella took care of us and were very nice. It is completely my definition of paradise. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsabooo
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Citronella is the most amazing place I've ever been! This was my second trip to Jamaica, and also to Citronella. I would never imagine staying anywhere else! Heaven on Earth! The first time I came to Citronella, I came with a group of friends, and we had an amazing time. This visit was to celebrate our one year anniversary, and my husband and I had an wonderful time. It was so beautiful and romantic. It the perfect place to go whatever your purpose is. For leisure, romance, or a group trip! You cannot beat the service ( Trevor, Jennifer and Millie are amazing!) They will help you will any thing you need! You definitely feel "taken care of" during your stay at Citronella! Very safe, peaceful, and calming. It is close enough to town, yet far enough away to really unwind and feel totally relaxed. The views are only something you would dream of. It is by far the best location in Negril! The sunsets on the point are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Also Ricks Cafe is located just 2 doors down from Citronella, and is a popular spot at sunset with cliff divers and live bands! Could not ask for a better location! The houses are so beautiful and have amazing views of the water! I could go on and on about how amazing this place is.. you just have to see it to believe it! Go there, you will NOT be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harejessica
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I recently visited Jamaica for the first time and stayed at Citronella and had a great time. It is located on a beautiful cove that has incredible ocean views. The house itself was cute and very comfortable. It has 3 bedrooms, a dining and living area, fully equipped kitchen and an incredible deck overlooking the cove. The grounds were also nice and very well kept. It's within walking distance from great food, Ricks, where you can watch the cliff divers and just a short cab ride to the beach or if you prefer the Margaritaville bus will come pick you up and drop you off. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank leilabird
Reviewed June 20, 2010

As the wrought iron gates of citronella swing open you enter a world that is quickly becoming extinct for travelers who desire to experience more than a cookie cutter resort setting. No, there is no pool. No, there is no ac. And no, no, no....there is no tv. There are 5 unique cottages or bungalows on the property. I have had the privilege of staying on the property three times in the past two years and since i always travel with an entourage so i or my friends and family have stayed in all of the cottages. I just returned in June and am already looking forward to my next visit in January. On the last visit we stayed at the cove cottage which we adored. There were 6 of us and we loved it. We lived outside. There is a large deck area that leads down to the sea, caves and snorkeling for play, hammocks for rest, a kitchen and blender for margaritas extrodinare. We were a few steps from LTU pub and just a few more from rick's cafe. Jennifer, Trevor, Cathy and John handled the luggage, made reservations at restaurants and with Famous Vincent for snorkeling trips. The service was incredible. My favorites were the ladies who came to clean everyday and clean they did with a smile and a big hug. They left great big fluffy towels and the linens were changed daily,dishes were washed and even the outside area was washed down daily. Although it was really hot while there the ceiling fans made it comfortable for sleeping and we used insect repellant for possible mosquito bites but they were not an issue. I slept in the hammock several times. Cathy brought us an extra sun unbrella at my request. The cliffs of negril have been my love for many years. My sons grew up there. As the years have gone by we have watched every place we loved become just like another, just like everywhere because people want a pool, tv, ac.... To me that just creates a barrier between the sea, the air, the stars, the moon, the reality of Jamaica which is one of the last staunchly culturerly independent nations in the Carribean. Go now, go while it is still there...because one day it will become like every other place and that will be a shame...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank sfjam
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We spent five nights in the Cove House at Citronella. The property in general and the Cove house in particular were all and more than we had hoped for. The view from the patio is almost without equal. We never tired of that view, especially in the morning, looking out of the second story bedroom door and seeing the beautiful blue water. Cathy and John, the owners, were great. Ricky was always around to help and he swept our patio and the steps to our sea access every morning. We watched two of the housekeepers clean one of the mornings; they were very thorough, taking over an hour to dust and sweep almost every inch of the house.

We snorkeled every day we were there. Snorkeling into the cave under the Cave house was an incredible experiance. We also snorkeled into one of the caves next door at the Caves resort as well as into one of the caves going the other way along the cliffs, towards Rick's Cafe. Ricks is within swimming distance as well as walking distance. (Not that we're big fans of Rick's "rip off" Cafe). Rick's does have live music almost every afternoon starting around 5:00 and we could hear that music from Citronella. Usually, the music stopped around 7:00 or 8:00 pm.

It is an quick taxi ride to Seven Mile beach. $400.00 J (Jamaican), or about $5.00 US, one way. Don't let the taxi drivers con you. Always use the taxis with the red license plates. They are regulated and the fare is $200.00 J to the round-about in Negril and $200.00 J from the round-about to any place on the beach. I always give them at least a $100.00 J tip. My advice is always say no thanks if offered a "taxi" ride in a car without a red plate.

We will definitely return to Citronella. We looked in some of the other guest houses after people checked out. The Roundhouse and the A-frame also look like great places to stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dvandrv
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed at the cave house for 5 nights. It was absolutely the most amazing little property. The owners and staff were friendly and even the other vacationers were nice and inviting. We met people who had been going there for years. We could watch the sunset from our porch and had our own little area down to the water and a giant cave to explore right under the house. The snorkeling was pretty good right there when the water was calm. Our only complaint, that could not be controlled, was that it was too wavy to get in the water for the first 3 days we were there. We hadn't even considered this possibility since the last time we were in Jamaica the water was perfectly calm the whole time. There is a bridge that is perfect for jumping at the cave house. The water is plenty deep there and it was enough of a jump to get the heart pounding. The owner, Kathy, was also able to arrange a massage therapist, Oya, to come to our house and give us massages right on our porch which was more than lovely. Also they can help arrange other trips too like fishing or snorkelling. We loved that the house was far enough away from the other houses on the property that we had all the privacy we needed. Highly recommended little gem of a place.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple