All reviews round house ltu pub rick's cafe complete privacy west end every morning cliff diving colette cottage caves property sunset ocean jamaica vacation duplex snorkel
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This place is beautiful. The scenery is spectacular! The perfect turquoise blue water, the naturalness of the cliffs, the flowers, the location, the sunset, I can't say enough about it! We stayed in the A frame house right on the cliffs and it was great! Trevor(the groundsman) was super accomidating and nice. We felt safe and really lucky that we found this place. Perfect snorkleing and safe walking to several really unique and great places to eat. I miss it already and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MeganM323
citroJA, Manager at Citronella, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

hello, and thank you for your business, we are exceptionally happy to see that you have had such a great time at our resort. We love the a-frame as well and are glad that you have found it so accommodating.Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back in paradise soon..............one love citronella management.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I cannot say enough about how special this place is. I agree with what other reviewers say: it is rustic, it may not be for everyone, but for us, it is absolutely perfect. We stayed the first night at Citronella's budget option: the Conch house. It was delightful. Had I not already booked a different cottage, I would have been perfectly happy there and compared to what you get elsewhere, the Conch house may indeed be the best value in Negril.
We moved to the Cave house, which for anyone who has no intention of doing any cooking on their holiday, I would recommend as first choice because it has the largest porch, closest to the water and for those of us who want to avoid the sun, it was idyllic to just sit on my own all day admiring the view. Between two cushioned lounge chairs, two Adirondack chairs and a hammock, I could always find some shade to read my book and stare at the incredible turquoise water. It was such a better option than being crowded on seven mile beach with other sweaty tourists and venders harassing you.
The Cave house has a refrigerator, toaster and coffee maker, but no other cooking implements. I will probably go for the Round House when I return, as it has a full fridge, stovetop and oven. I would say its view is second best, but I went to all the cottages and you can't go wrong with any of them. The grounds are gorgeous and we enjoyed watching hummingbirds at the flowers while eating our breakfast.
Besides the natural beauty, there was a warm, friendly atmosphere. The staff and owners go beyond the call of duty for guests. John told us when we arrived that their philosophy was to leave us alone to enjoy the place and our privacy, but they were there for us if we needed anything. We needed some extras like glue, needle and thread, and bug spray: all of which they just gave to us whereas other places would charge. Also they had other things to lend you, like snorkel and mask, inflatable rafts. Though we had our own water toys, another hotel we stayed at in Negril was charging $10 per day to rent their snorkeling equipment. Rodney, the groundsman was very helpful and the maids were very nice and warmly wished us a safe journey when we left. If only we didn't have to leave!

Room Tip: Cave house is my favorite. It is roomy, closest to the water with a wonderful porch. However, we were so happy at Citronella that we didn't even want to leave for meals. So next time I will pick a cottage with a kitchen: I think the A-frame might have the most privacy and Roundhouse has the best kitchen. Oh, Roundhouse also had the nicest outside shower, although they all have outdoor showers. I booked in November for a January trip and almost didn't get a cottage. Cathy told me February usually fills up even quicker, so book early. If I were on a budget, I would choose Conch house over a generic room elsewhere in Negril. It has a nice large lawn, leading to the sea, a screened in porch and would be great for two couples renting either side of the duplex. If you are on super tight budget, there is an upstairs loft where two extra people could sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank halley3

We here at citronella are thrilled that you have had such a wonderful experience with us. we strive to please our guest and keep our grounds at its upmost level of quality. we thank you for your business and can't wait for your next arrival!! see you soon ......one love citronella management .

Reviewed January 26, 2012

This was our third time staying at Citronella. The staff is excellent and the cottages are over-stocked with towels, wash cloths, pillows and comfy chairs! (I really like that!) You can tell the owners work hard to make sure you feel like you are in your own private paradise. It's working. We have been to Jamaica 18 times staying at many different resorts and most were very good, but Citronella is the best by far. Our first 2 visits to Citronella we had other people with us and stayed in the largest cottage; the Cove House. It had a kitchen and we hired friends to cook for us, so we never wanted to leave. On this trip it was just the two of us so we stayed in the Cave House. It was perfect. Perfect room, perfect location and perfect porch to sit and take in about a 160 degree view of the sea. From there we got to watch Dolphins swim by and play on 3 different days. The grounds of the resort are beautifully tropical and obviously well cared for. Since this cottage doesn't have a kitchen we had dinner next door at LTU a couple of times. A fun place and really good food. We ordered the Stuffed Snapper; fried snapper fillets stuffed with cheese and calliloo. We don't usually eat fried fish, but this was so good we had it both times. We would have had it more but it was late in our holiday; time goes so fast! Sure hope we can get back there soon. We loved the Cave House, but you really can't go wrong with any of the the 5 cottages.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheIrieVogts
citroJA, Manager at Citronella, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Wow, that snapper sounds delectable, can't wait to try that. We thank you for your business and are very happy to hear that you have a good stay with us. We will continue to exceed your expatiations here at citronella, and hope to make many more great vacation memories for you and your family. we can't wait to see you here back in paradise very soon.....one love...citronella management .

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Awesome trip. Beautiful view. Wonderful owners and staff. It was perfect. I never wanted to leave the round house. I'll be booking another trip soon but with more friends.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bettymai80

We are so glad to see that you have had such a great stay with us here at citronella . We work very hard to please our guest in every way we can. hope to see you and your friends very soon.....one love...citronella management.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

The whole resort as well as the environment were breathtaking. It feels like its your own gated paradise . The perfect getaway! Very clean and safe and the staff are as friendly as can be. Definitely my new go to getaway spot.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family