“Minimal Accomodations; Bad Neighborhood”
Review of Sunrise Club

Sunrise Club
Ranked #36 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The price was low, but that's about the only good thing about Sunrise Club in Negril. Despite what it advertises, it's several blocks from the beach. And the neighborhood surrounding it is genuinely scary and incredibly noisy all night long. The rooms are concrete rectangles with little or no décor. About the only notable furniture in each room is a bed. We saved some money, yes. But the next time I go to Negril, I'll upgrade. Sunrise Club is considerably below my not-very-picky standards.

Room Tip: Go across the street to Bar-B-Barn. Strange name, but much better accommodations.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank David R

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had a delightful stay and soaked up the calm relaxing atmosphere; whilst not every facility may be available in the hotel, there is always someone around that can get anything you need or arrange for something.
The bananas pancakes with chocolate are good for breakfast, lunch or tea and the coffee is out of this world!!
There didn't seem to be water first thing in the morning during my stay, but it was just a matter of having a hot shower after breakfast rather than before, so no big deal.
Special praise should go to Sugar and Dwight, both of whom I shall remember fondly and hope to relax with again in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter, but I enjoyed being at the front and listening to the music and b...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Jason W
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I always say I am going to right a review and don't; but this time I was determined to do so!!! If you are looking for an afforable stay in Negril, look no further....Sunset is the place to be! My husband I travelled through Jamaica and lucked out with this place--the grounds are so beautiful with trees and privacy; the staff is wonderful, no hassle--and the rooms are comfy with nice hot, clean showers. It is no frills- but it is so comfortable and to me, it is authentic Jamaica. The location is so clever-- directly across the street from a beautiful white sandy beach and Bourbon beach bar on the beach---with Live Reggae concerts on the beach and bondfires. A great location for adults!! I went during January so there were hardly any children, it was so relaxing...and a very mature crowd. I will definately be going back and refer this place to people. If you are a no frills person and want a cozy, comfortable stay..this is it. Also, as one other person stated, the front rooms #1 and 2 can be a little noisy. I was in room #1 and it is next to the front bar-- with reggae music and chatter. We barely stayed in our room, so it didn't bother us any. I loved it because it was so private all though it was in the front-- the landscape offerred much privacy with a nice front porch. Oh,,,and the beds were amazingly comfortable!!!! Memory foam.

Room Tip: Also, as one other person stated, the front rooms #1 and 2 can be a little noisy. I was in room #1...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jamaica167
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nothing fancy, but one of the lowest prices you'll find. Room was clean with good AC. I liked the rather unique open shower. There's a bar and restaurant. The drinks were strong and the food was fantastic. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank azraelcat
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Hi,
I stayed with friends at the Sunrise Club in Jan. 2012. We had a week long booking but moved to another place after a couple of nights. We moved because we were four persons and wanted an apartment/house which would give us a common space to hang out together. Also, the Sunrise was just a little too sparse and overall we were looking for a little more creature comforts. Though modest the place was clean, secure, and had a lovely staff. Though we moved we went back a number of times for meals and ordered a catered dinner from The Sunrise on our last night in Negril.
The food here is quite good, with a real Italian flare. I've been coming to Negril for 25 years and this place is a well kept secret ! Great pizza, wonderful breakfasts, and by far the best coffee I've found in Negril.
I'm back in Negril next month and though I won't be staying at The Sunrise Club I will regular for coffee and meals.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank wanderlust012
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at Sunrise Club over a year ago and had a great stay. It's very clean, extremely affordable and it's located right across the street from Negril Beach, talk about convenient! I loved the great cappuccinos and nice company too. The owners of the hotel are quite hospitable and the meals there are great. I'd recommend trying out their pizzas, they rock! I'd definitely go back. Thanks again! :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Bess K
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel is in a perfect location, literally 2 minutes from the wonderful Negril beach. The rooms are very clean and cozy. I suggest to ask for the nicest ones in the back yard as the ones in front might be a bit noisy (not a big problem when there's reggae music in some club on the beach : ) ).
There is free wireless in the main area. For coffee fans I strongly suggest to try an espresso at the bar, a unique combination of Jamaican local coffee with an original Italian espresso machine. One of the best espresso so far. Very friendly service, I'd definitely stay at Sunrise again.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the back yard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple