“Quiet and small.”

Book In Advance
More Info
$78.00*
and up
Half Moon Private Beach and Calico Jack's Private...
Ranked #10 of 60 things to do in Negril
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went and spent a couple hours at Half Moon. Small little beach, very quiet when we were there anyways. Nice to hang out and relax. Comfy hammocks to use, calm, warm water. No crowds but beer was pricey. I did not try the food but its definately a nice place to relax and snorkel.

2  Thank lisadarcy
"red stripe"
"hammocks"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family enjoyed a wonderful day of swimming while enjoying some nice rum punch on this lovely little beach. Most travelers will pass right by but stop in if you happen by on your way to Negril. My wife and I toasted the sunset while under the archway left from a recent wedding. Great swimming spot too.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We got married at Half Moon Beach on 4 April last year. I'm just sorry I've not written a review before now. I would like to recommend this venue to anyone who wants an idyllic, personal, sun-kissed, intimate wedding. The previous year we stayed in an all-inclusive and watched as people got married day-after-day in the same location. Although I'm sure everyone was delighted with their experience, I do not think it could compare with the experience my wife and I, and our two friends had at Half Moon.

This was the second time we'd been, after the previous year. And we changed our original destination despite already paying a deposit. The owners are two of the nicest people we have ever meet. They genuinely care about the resort and every person that goes there. They treated us like family and by the time we left it was a sad day.

They recommended an amazing local wedding planning called Isabelle Stewart. And what a lady she is. Isabelle kept in regular contact with us up until the day we arrived. The day after we met her in person. By which time all the plans were in place apart from a couple of the last details which we talked through together over a drink. She arranged the whole day and has been working with the owners for many years. They are good friends and this helped everything run smoothly. We stayed for ten days in one of their beach huts and we enjoyed it so much more than the all-inclusive we stayed at the yea before. At Half Moon you'll experience the real Jamaica.

On the day we were able to chill out and watch as the wedding arch, chairs and everything else was organised. The band was amazing and Isabelle also takes care of the wedding certificates. It was lovely to watch it all come together and be totally stress free. No rush, no fuss, no problem. The food and band laid on for us was amazing. We got married as the sun set over the ocean and enjoyed live music in a breath-taking place. The only sounds we could hear during our ceremony was the voice of the pastor and the waves lapping on the sand by our wedding arch. It was the perfect day.

There is so much more I could day. But I'd like to say once again that if you are lucky enough to spend some time here, or even get married here, it will be something you will never forget. I would also say that if you decide this might be something you'd like to do go for it. The fact you only communicate by email makes absolutely no difference. We felt totally taken care of at all times. It didn't matter we were in England and communicating with everyone by email. You can be one sure you will be looked after. Just like we were. You'll also get the chance to party Jamaican style while you're there, and they'll talk to you about great local places to eat and drink. It's so important to put money into the local bars and restaurants as they really need it. And the locals are so friendly you'll have a blast.

Like I said, please give me a shout if you'd like any info about local places to go, or more information relating to getting married here. I'm happy to answer any questions I can. And I can't wait to go back.

Although the date I've put is May 2012, we got married at Half Moon at the beginning of April 2012. It's just that the date doesn't go back any further.

2  Thank TannersPool
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Never expected the great meal and excellent beach experience. Enjoyed the afternoon and very attentive staff. When showing family and friends my pics of the lobster we got the jaw dropping, OMG that looks amazing!
Will go back next time we visit Negril.
Great memories...