“I had a ball”

Ranked #43 of 85 Hotels in Negril
florida
“I had a ball”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

I would like to thanks the staff for everything. I had so much fun. The food was off the chain, chef I will be back. Miss Pansy, you made my school reunion a success in the short time frame........ We really appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Stayed March 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

We recently were lucky enough to enjoy another stay at the Rayon Hotel. This makes 2
stays at this establishment and my opinion remains the same. The Rayon is Fabulous !

Our stay was from the middle of Feb thru the 1st week in March. During this time our
family really enjoyed everything the Rayon , Pansy , and her staff offered. We were
greeted so warmly , nearly like returning family. Big huggs and handshakes from
nearly every employee. It is so nice to arrive at a hotel and have them remember your
name , call you by name , and make you feel so welcome. This place is wonderful.

We tried a 2nd floor room this time and we really enjoyed it. Our balcony overlooked the
pool and bar area and it was really neat. Also they have a really nice balcony above the
office that we really enjoyed a few times. It overlooks Norman Manley Blvd. and it is kind
of relaxing just to chill up there and watch the daily runnings on the road.

Our son really enjoyed the bar and pool area. He loved to get virgin fruit drinks and
visit with Nicole and play dominoes with her. Big up Nicole and thank you for the time
you spent with us. All of the staff at Rayon really look after the guests and make sure
your stay is nice. Another Big up to 36 /Cortney in security , great guy and asset to the
hotel. Every staff member treated us so warmly that we will be returning customers
for quite sometime.

Our room was very nice and roomy , the bar is very cute and nice , when we did dine
on site it was good and a bargain price wise. The hotel and landscape is really pretty.
Very nice pool also. No complaints what so ever.

For anyone considering a stay I hope this helps give you some insight , just contact
Pansy and visit with her and soon you will see everything we are talking about. Our
next stay can't come soon enough.

Mike , Beth , & Michael

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Rocket51
jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2009

Loved it we stayed during the christmas holidays. It's one of the nicer properties on the strip. Walking distance to the major party spots. There is a lovely beach across the road also. The employees are really friendly and warm. The rooms are really spacious and clean. Two thumbs way up. Looking forward to my next visit quite soon.

• Liked — rooms and location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2008
1 Thank JamaicaOnly4u
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

My husband and I chose Rayon Hotel for it's proximity to Negril's seven-mile beach. Located just across the street, yet in the middle of all of the action, Rayon Hotel proved to be a wonderful experience. We arranged to have a driver affiliated with the hotel pick us up at the airport - this was easily arranged by sending Pansy (hotel manager) our flight schedule. Once we arrived we were warmly greeted and impressed to see such a lovely courtyard. The food, drinks and service at Rayon hotel are wonderful - everyone is friendly and accommodating. Be sure to ask Nicole (the bartender) for the "Nicole's special" and you won't be disappointed.

If we go back to Negril we'd definitely stay at Rayon again!

• Liked — location, grounds, staff
  • Disliked — mattresses were somewhat hard/pillows flat
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeachBombshell
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

This was my second visit with Rayon and I have to say it just gets better and better. The staff, the rooms, the food and management are all top notch. The property is fairly new and well maintained. We had a suite with full kitchen for a few nights then moved to a room with two beds for the remaining nights. Both were great. Comfortable beds, large closets in both. Extra privacy and very roomy in the suite and a full kitchen complete with a dining table and chairs. We had a fridge and microwave in the deluxe room, as well as, a private balcony. Very clean and if you needed anything all we needed to do was ask and within minutes it was taken care of. Felt very safe and secure in both rooms with extra locks on doors and windows and of course great security! We used the ping pong table, pool table and verandah overlooking the beach road a lot this trip. It was nice to have something to do during late evenings and during the daily short rain showers. We were directly across from the beach and the hotel has access at Sun Beach which is complete with beach bar and restaurant. Dennis and staff will take excellent care of you..........from setting up your beach chair for you to drinks delivered while you lounge in your chair......whatever you need all it takes is to ask. We got the breakfast plan as I did on my previous trip what a great value. Along with the entree of your choice you get a fruit plate, juice, tea or coffee. I can't say enough good things about the ackee and saltfish, callaloo, cheese omelet, banana pancakes, chicken fingers and fries we ate very well! Pansy (the owner) is always available to assist and they really make you feel like you are part of the family without being intrusive. They are adding a unit at the back of the property that can accommodate a large family. You can rent either a three bedroom unit with kitchen or two bedrooms and section off the additional bedroom for another tenet. They have also added free computer and internet access and Pansy is also thinking of making a cell phone available to her guest. Just of few of the many options to help guest save money. I have stayed at a few properties while vacationing in Negril and I have to say I have found a home with Rayon.

• Liked — Clean Rooms, Staff, Game Room
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank sammyb
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

I have to echo all the positive reviews here: I had a lovely stay at the Rayon Hotel. My room was clean and had a great balcony where I could chill out and listen to the crickets. The property is surrounded by lush palm trees and other flora which complement the old-fashioned charm of the building. The staff were all lovely, friendly and helpful, with good suggestions for excursions. Taxi driver Romaine took me where I wanted to go at a reasonable rate and the chef, John, made a fantastic jerk chicken. Breakfast is cooked to order: I recommend the saltfish and ackee, which looks just like scrambled eggs. Good coffee too.

The bar was friendly but not intrusive or overly loud at all, although it was the quiet season when I was there. Internet access is provided onsite which is really convenient. The beach is just across the street, a 5 minute walk, as is the Sunbeach bar and restaurant, which serves great fresh seafood and is a wonderful place to watch the sunset from. They also provide live music some nights as well as a fire-eater, and the owner Dennis sings too (very well). People will pitch boat trips, and occasionally ganja, to you on the beach, but I never felt harassed.

Negril is more of a party town than I had realised, but I would stay at the Rayon again as it provided the peace and quiet I look for on a holiday.

• Liked — my balcony!
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank bag_already_packed
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2008

After reading about rayon on the negril forum and discussion about its quality i was a bit worried. I loved it... It is in a perfect position for the beach has a nice clean pool and the food is wonderful. The breakfasts are superb and the evening meals are cooked by a young chef who learnt all he knows from his grandma. I liked the fact that it was not on the beach so you could go back and relax without any hassle. There is a small gym , a pool table, jacuzzi, beauty salon and restaurant, car park and a security guard on all night (who is really friendly). I was so pleased i hadnt gone AI as these seem very americanised and cut off from jamaican life. The only thing i would say is stay in a superior room or higher as the standard rooms seemed too small and hot.All the staff here are lovely and very helpful and i would go back at the bat of an eyelid. I also want to add that i went with a teenage boy and a child and it was completely suitable for them too. RAYON ROCKS

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family