“Really great for the price”
Review of Rayon Hotel

Rayon Hotel
Ranked #44 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed September 13, 2013

As a Jamaican taking a trip around my island with family and friends visiting from overseas, I made no reservations for our overnight stay in Negril as it was the off season in late August. We happened upon this property as the area was experiencing a short power cut and this place did have a generator. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, and comfortable even while sharing with 2 other adults and a preteen.The owner was on property the next day and boy oh boy she was like a mother to us. Our even need was catered to. The meals were more than tasty. The beach is just across the road from the hotel. This hotel is indeed a hidden treasure.

Room Tip: The property does have suits for vacationing families.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Arlene C

Reviewed March 26, 2013

my wife and i stayed at rayon for three weeks great value for our money the staff is great food was great also just order a head of time so you dont have to wait they cook to order here the bar was good and also great value the sun beech across the street is small but again great value plenty of places or a short cab ride away to eat drink or just about anthing you could want good luck jamaica is the best

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
5  Thank BablyonCraig
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Friendly staff, good food. The sun Beach across the street was a nice place to hang during the day. Friendly staff there as well The rooms were clean and good size. Beds were very comfortable. Did not need to run the air, we opened the back door and the breeze would go through our room. Wished we could have spent more time at the little bar at poolside, but we love the beach scene and water spent most our time at Sun Beach. thank you Miss Pansy for a great stay, your place is lovely.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106 and liked it, next visit I would choose a different room only for the matter o...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anna F
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Lovely small friendly hotel. Great location, just across the road from the beach. Airport pick up/ drop off worked out well. Staff is super friendly....Nice restaurant. Dem a nah go tired fe see we face! Be back soon!

4  Thank MaryKayOntario
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My partner Glenn and I stayed here from January 13th until the 18th, and we loved both the hotel and Negril. Pansy and her staff are very nice and will make you feel right at home. Also the beach across the street at Sun Beach is beautiful. The beach hustlers can be a irritating, but just tell them NO THANK-YOU! if you're not interested. The location across the street is very secure due to the design of the property and it gives you a break from the noise and the party atmosphere of the beach without removing yourself from the community.

Also, there is no need to lock yourself away in an all inclusive! The people in Jamaica are lovely and there really is alot to see. Just be yourself.

Room Tip: The whole place is nice. I do recommend a king room or a suite.
5  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had a another great visit at my second home Rayon. Rayon has added new rooms on the property. I always feel so relaxed when I go there. Will return next year. Ms. Pansy and her staff treat you like friends. I had a great time.

Thank you, Ms Pansy and staff. :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank luvjamaica2
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We recently stayed at the Rayon Hotel for 10 days. The service that we received was excellent. We were told to ask if there was anything we needed and it would be looked after. A new large flat screen tv was also delivered to our room. We were given cooking utensils, at my request and we were able to prepare ourselves a number of meals. The breakfasts were very nice and the ladies cooking for us made it very enjoyable. They made us a few extras such as corn muffins, bagels, and waffles. All of the staff are very helpful and kind. A new group of four rooms has just been constructed at the rear of the property and looks very nice. I felt very sad to leave, and I must say I had tears in my eyes as I hated to leave all of my friends. A number of people remembered us from last year, people at Sunbeach across the road, and our taxi man next door and I know that as they told us, goodbye and thanks from their heart that they really meant it. It was a very nice relaxing holiday and we a family of 3 + 1 teen friend, would definately recommend and travel here again. The time of the season was also perfect, as Negril wasn't very busy and we got top service everywhere we went. It rained only a few times and didn't spoil anything.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family