“Another Great Vacation at Rayon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rayon Hotel

Rayon Hotel
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Negril
London, On
“Another Great Vacation at Rayon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We recently stayed at the Rayon Hotel for 10 days. The service that we received was excellent. We were told to ask if there was anything we needed and it would be looked after. A new large flat screen tv was also delivered to our room. We were given cooking utensils, at my request and we were able to prepare ourselves a number of meals. The breakfasts were very nice and the ladies cooking for us made it very enjoyable. They made us a few extras such as corn muffins, bagels, and waffles. All of the staff are very helpful and kind. A new group of four rooms has just been constructed at the rear of the property and looks very nice. I felt very sad to leave, and I must say I had tears in my eyes as I hated to leave all of my friends. A number of people remembered us from last year, people at Sunbeach across the road, and our taxi man next door and I know that as they told us, goodbye and thanks from their heart that they really meant it. It was a very nice relaxing holiday and we a family of 3 + 1 teen friend, would definately recommend and travel here again. The time of the season was also perfect, as Negril wasn't very busy and we got top service everywhere we went. It rained only a few times and didn't spoil anything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank jamaikafun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Whistler, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The winter of 2012 was my second stay at the Rayon Hotel, and both stays were very enjoyable! Prices have increased a bit, however still affordable. We were greeted by Pansy and her staff upon arrival with cold beverages, a very nice treat! A very relaxing place with a pool, bar and restaurant with the beach just across the street. Once again a very enjoyable time at Pansy's Rayon Hotel in Negrill.

Room Tip: Ask if the room comes with a fridge
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank Jeff B
toronto, canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at The Rayon for 6 nights in mid-April. The property is beautiful from the outside, and the staff were very welcoming. Due to the nature of my husbands work, he needed 24 access to the internet. When we went to our room, we quickly realized that we didn't have in-room internet access, When we asked Ms. Pansy (The Manager) about it she suggested we that we use the internet in the common areas. When we explained our need for internet access, she came to our room, and assessed the situation, then called in a technician, who arrived within 45 minutes and had the problem solved in 15 minutes. So from a hospitality/customer service perspective the service was excellent.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, ours had a king-size bed, with an amazing walk in closet. The air conditioner didn't keep the room as cool as I would have liked, but it was VERY hot outside and it was a budget hotel. The rooms didn't have in-room safes, but we never had a problem it is an extremely secure property.
We had a ground floor court yard room that faced on to the pool, the pool was cleaned every morning, however by late morning, there were a lot of bugs and leaves etc. in the pool and it made swimming less enjoyable than it should have been.
It is in a nice location across the street from a beautiful stretch of beach, with lots of nearby great restaurants. We can't really comment much on the food, breakfast was included, my husband had it a couple of times and was less than impressed. We ordered from the restaurant one night and it took two hours and 40 minutes. I am pretty sure we were one of three occupied rooms that night. The food was good when it arrived but the time it took was ridiculous even by Jamaican standards, but as I mentioned earlier there are lots of great places to eat nearby, and if you want a change of scenery you jump in a route taxi and the cliffs are only 200J away.
Having left The Seastar we found the Rayon, too quiet for us, perhaps it was the time of year, some nights we were the only guests.
The Rayon, although not for us, is good value for your money.

While the the hotel was very quiet,

Room Tip: All rooms pretty much the same courtyard view. They have lovely plants around the pool, that block...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
7 Thank mrss2006
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was my 2nd stay with the Rayon and I felt like I was coming back home. The last time it was just me. This time it was me and my toddler son When I got there the crib was already set up and had flowers on the bed and in the bathroom.

I had the 2 room villa which of course comes with a kitchen. Ms. Pansy (she is such a sweetie) told me to go to the restaurant and get whatever items I needed for the kitchen (plates, silverware, cookware etc). My room was clean and had more then adequate space.

Because I had my son and he crawls and climbs on everything, the staff was very dilligent about making sure my room was clean and floors mopped and I truly appreciate it. Had an issue with my ceiling fan and tv but that was fixed very quickly. The AC worked great but with a little guy I didn't want him to sleep with AC so the fan was a necessity for us. Everyone that works there were all very nice and friendly and did whatever they could to make sure you had an enjoyable stay. Ms. Jackie even kept my son for me one night when I wanted to hang out with just adults.

Even though they are expanding and building more rooms right where I was staying, the noise was never a problem. Most times I forgot they were there until I went outside and saw them.

Any time I am in Negril, Rayon is my home. It's clean, safe, great price and just close enough to the beach where you can be in the mix but far enough away where you can go back into peace. Aside from that, the personal service is unmatched!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank DeltaStar6
Eastern Townships,Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I think this was our 6th year at the Rayon, needless to sat that we keep going back because we know what we are getting, clean, friendly, safe, great staff, beautiful gardens and flowers that are kept looking that way by the nicest gardener, Josh aka Pastor, Neesha and Naseeve on the front desk, always courteous, Howard, Dianne and all the rest of the staff, I might add, same staff from one year to the next!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bubbaandsue
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is our third visit to the Rayon. The staff know us and we know some of them have been there since our first stay 5 years ago when it had not been opened very long.
Cersee is now in reception - he was in the bar originally. He is so helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Miss Pansy is lovely, the chefs cater for all your food fancies.

Room Tip: Gorgeous location and setting.Right accross the road from the beach
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Christine J
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This was the second time we stayed here, with a different resort of comparable price in between and I was so glad that we came back to the Rayon. The room was clean, attractively decorated, with cable tv, ac, refrigerator and lovely balcony. We also enjoyed the breakfast, cooked to order each morning. But what made the biggest difference is how wonderful Ms. Pansy and her staff were when we had a medical emergency back home. I found about this when I came in from the beach, and Ms. Pansy immediately made the call back home for me without having to be asked, and each day inquired about my mom's well-being. For the big football game, she set up a large screen tv in the bar/pool area for everyone to enjoy the game. The location is great in the middle of the beach area, within easy walking distance of quite a few restaurants. Can't wait to return again next year, hopefully for two weeks next time!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple