All reviews the cottages the cliff pool and hot tub area ricks cafe snorkel equipment us feel at home no hot water romantic getaway tree house red stripe cave bedroom housekeeper wedding security bartender jamaica
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2018

Viilas Sur Mer employees and mgr Cassandra and team are so kind.

I loved the grounds, the rooms, the design and construction, the pool and almost everything at the Villas.

I was visiting my two friends from Orange Hill as well as my lovely fiance, whom is from St Anne's Parrish near Linstead/Kelits.

My friend who works on Villas and rentals in the area was amazed on how nice the grounds and location was built and designed. And I also agree it was so quiet, relaxed vibe and so pretty with all the flowers/vegetation, etc.

The rooms were clean the shower and bathroom designs were nice and clean. Full kitchen as well. Great rooms and grounds...

The bad news it poured so hard that the place and entire island was under water and suffering the severe rains at the time. My fiance had to take 4 taxis, 2 buses, and 2 paid boat rides across to towns in order to get to Montego to meet me on my arrival. So the weather was bad, but I loved the Villas that much more because I was inside watched some tv, cooked, and lounged as well.

The underground cave is so cool, really makes that place so much more interesting. And the Villa's are literally right across the street from Ricks Cafe.

I had lost my Visa sometime when I arrived and thought maybe it was at the hotel safe, so I had called Cassandra, she went out of here way to call me personally, check the room and safe for my passport, and went out of her way to help me in any way possible. She made me feel like a family member or friend.

Awesome service.. BTW Passport was at Embassy at Airport all week. I was so excited when I arrived I didn't know I lost it until I was at airport to fly out.. What a scare..!

FYI if you lose your passport....call or go to US Embassy at Montego and./or other Airports.

Cant wait to re visit...hope I can enjoy the pool and bar area next time.

Thanks Cassandra and Villas Sur Mer...I miss NEGRIL WEST END.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobM72
VillasSurMerGM, General Manager at Villas Sur Mer, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2018

Hi Bob,

We agree! VSM Rules and we get better every season. Thank you for the review, and we really hope you return soon. I only hope you have better weather next time you are here to enjoy some snorkeling and sun.
Till next reach...

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We just returned from a stay for 3 nights in a cottage, then 5 nights in the seaside villa. Both experiences were incredible! The cottages are quaint and the pool and bar area are lovely. The seaside villa, however, is magical - we literally could not believe our eyes when we first walked in. We did a couple of off property day trips, but spent most of our time swimming in the pool and the ocean, snorkeling, and relaxing.

For clarification for future travelers, when you stay at the villa you have a staff of three dedicated to taking care of your group. The staff is wonderful and works very hard to make sure your stay is perfect. At the end of the stay, most visitors tip the house staff, and it is best to do this in cash (US or Jamaican dollars are fine). The recommended amount is 10%. We did not realize this ahead of time. We were able to withdraw cash from the ATM in town, but of course the fees to do this are expensive. Also, most of the larger restaurants accept credit cards, but the smaller restaurants and bars, shops, and vendors do not; Jamaican and US dollars are both fine. It is helpful to have cash in small bills ($1 and $5s) for taxi rides, buying souvenirs, etc, and larger amounts for tipping the house staff and paying for activities which cannot be paid for with cash (boat rides, snorkel trips, etc). Cassandra, the manager at Villas Sur Mer, is extremely helpful and can tell you ahead of time what you will need cash for.

The snorkel equipment provided by the resort was of good quality, so no need to bring your own. There is no restaurant or food on property, but there are several good restaurants within walking distance. However, service in Jamaica is very relaxed/ slow (everything is prepared fresh from scratch), so if you don't want to spend a lot of time waiting in restaurants, it's helpful to bring snacks and breakfast options with you.

If you need transportation including to or from the airport, use the resort's preferred drivers. They are trustworthy, reliable, and appreciate the work.

My family much preferred this trip to an all inclusive experience. We feel that we got to know the staff and Cassandra and came away with an understanding of what Jamaica is really about.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank christymmd
VillasSurMerGM, General Manager at Villas Sur Mer, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Hi Christy,

Thank you from all of us here at Villas Sur Mer for your review. It was fun having your family here and we hope you keep in touch and visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Cassandra and staff were very friendly and helpful. The 3-bedroom cottage had a fun, Caribbean style and was just right for our 6-person group. The kitchen space is tight, but it worked just fine. The pool, hot tub, and outdoor bar area are very nice, although I wish the area wasn't so heavily shaded. The location was nice for walking to restaurants, but we did hear quite a bit lot of noise from nearby properties (music, vehicles, goats, roosters and dogs), which was annoying at times. Staff helped to arrange transportation to Seven Mile Beach area (cost $4 USD per person). The cave walkway to the cliff platform is very cool, and the snorkeling there was awesome.

Room tip: Ask Cassandra/staff for restaurant recommendations.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi Leanne,

Thank you kindly for your review. It was our pleasure having you here and we hope you come back soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

The villa is beautiful and the scenery is simply breathtaking. The one bedroom villa was not as clean as i had hope, the WiFi works great but the Jacuzzi never worked. The manager Cassandra provides great hospitality. She and the hotel staff are very helpful and will guide you with great recommendations throughout your stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
VillasSurMerGM, General Manager at Villas Sur Mer, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Hi Ani B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will return. The Jacuzzi is now working and other items of concern brought to my attention have been rectified.
Thank you again.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely breathtaking! Very tranquil and laid back atmosphere. The staff from the bar tender to cleaning crew to security are all super helpful. They got us anything we needed. The owner Cassandra is very nice and will help with anything you need. We did find that booking excursions and stuff through her we’re a little more expensive because they pay a commission apparently so you are better off booking on your own or asking a local. Be advised room with pool is the 6 bedroom at seaside villa. The Poole here is shared and it is beautiful. Overall we had an amazing stay at Villa Sur Mer and it is at the top of our list for wedding locales. *****Utmost importance Bring bug repellant!!! The pictures with the two pools out front are of the 6 bedroom villa.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
VillasSurMerGM, General Manager at Villas Sur Mer, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Hi Jonell,

Thank you for your review. While we do try to emphasize that our cottages are garden side and not seaside, however, we also need to advertise the 6 bedroom seaside villa. I have tagged the pictures accordingly, but it can still be confusing. We do not take commission, but do use certified and licensed drivers, which the "local" drivers off property are not.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, I will share review with the team. Come back soon!

VSM