“love this place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negril
Donaldson's Inn on the Beach
Ranked #21 of 42 Negril B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“love this place”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Ive been to Negril over 30 times and have stayed at the Donaldson Inn for the past year. i love this place, steps from the sandy beach , clean, safe, and the owners and staff are the best

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank aloia

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Maryland
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My son and I had a great stay at the Inn. Delores, Saundra and the whole staff were very accomodating as usual. I would definitely recommend the Inn to families, and couples who love the beach. The beaches in Negril are the best and you are right on the beach when you step out your door. I recommend the restaurant "Sweet n Spice" for lunch or dinner. Great food at a great price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank rcouch
tc,mich
Reviewed March 31, 2010

O.K., how do I describe it, this small resort is family,friendly,sun on the beach great! with some of the best food, drink, and relaxation needed.. go for it..tell 'em tommy tsunami sent you!!!!!!! [--]

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ttsunami
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I was here 3 years ago and since then, more rooms were added, the food is superb, the staff is very friendly and helpful. It is a safe and well lit environment. Close to other establishments where you can find music, liquor and other restaurants up and down the beach. The beach is one of the best ever, lovely white sand that is real soft by touch. The ocean was so warm, if you closed your eyes you would swear you were in a bathtub of warm water. , we will be back again next year, and will recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank spiceman1959
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We booked one of the 4 beach front rooms in February of 2008 in person with the owner Delores for March, 2009; in December I confirmed my booking via email and reconfirmed it in a telephone conversation with Delores 2 weeks before we were to arrive, each time I was told every thing was fine. When we arrived we were told we had to stay in one of the non beach front rooms for a week due to the beach front rooms being over booked. After a heated discussion we were able to stay in one of the beach front rooms for 2 nights then we would be moved to a non beach front room for 3 nights then moved again to the beach front room we had booked in the first place a year in advance. As you can tell this got our vacation off to a bad start so we decided to check out a few other hotels, on the 3rd day we moved but not to the non beach front room but to another property for the rest of our 2 week vacation. This is our 9th year vacationing in Jamaica, second year in Negril. I was hoping we had found a place we would stay at each year for the next several years, I guess not. Thanks to a Trip advisor review (see below), we did bring a copy of the emails we had with Delores; that helped a bit but didn't solve the problem.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Harley1Dave
Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed March 3, 2009

An affordable place on the beach. Great location! A friendly locally owned inn smack in the middle of 7 mile beach. No bells & whistles. Clean and safe. Hot showers if you catch it right. Steps from the water. Available beach chairs. What more could you want?

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cr0ixb0yz
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed December 28, 2008

I couldn't disagree more with macquechoux's review. I was quite surprised. I have to believe that there was some miscommunication somewhere that lead to the unfortunate situation that macquechoux experienced.

This was my family's first time staying with Delores and her family at Donaldson's and it won't be our last. We were recommended by some friends who have stayed at Donaldson's Inn for years and we were treated like long lost relatives when we arrived. It was amazing how wonderful the entire staff treated me, my wife and two children. We have stayed at other hotels and all-inclusives in Negril and were looking for a smaller place to stay so we contacted Donaldson's. We made our reservations two months in advance with Delores and confirmed them the week prior to our arrival. We experienced no problems whatsoever.

The room rates are extremely reasonable. Beachfront rooms for less than $100 US/night. Where else can you get that? I would have to pay twice as much to stay at a hotel in Duluth and even then I wouldn't have the same incredible experience as I have when I am at Donaldson's!

The rooms are comfortable and clean. They are cleaned daily. The air conditioning was nice, when we used it. The staff responded quickly to our every need/inquiry.

There are two nice restaurants on the same property as Donaldson's that we ate at often and were satisfied every time. The Inn Thing is on the beach side and serves delicious breakfasts and lunches. Ozzie's restaurant is on the road side of the yard and serves dinner. Jerk Chicken or Pork is available anytime across the street at Ozzie's Jerk Center. Everything we ate was wonderful (and my children are picky eaters!)

I will definitely stay at Donaldson's on our next visit and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my family and friends, in fact, I already have!

• Liked — The proximity of the rooms to the beach and how we were treated.
  • Disliked — Internet access would be a plus but it is not a deal breaker.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family