“Feb 2014 best honeymoon ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negril
Donaldson's Inn on the Beach
Ranked #21 of 43 Negril B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Feb 2014 best honeymoon ever!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at donaldsons for our honeymoon from February 3rd thru February 16th and we had a fabulous time! We were in the beachfront top cabin and the views were spectacular! You don't have to leave your porch to see the sunset! The beach here is the best spot in Negril for sunbathing and swimming. We brought a big raft and floated the days away. The staff was as always most accommodating and friendly. We ate breakfast every day at one of two restaurants on the property, the inn ting, beach side. Even if you are not staying at the inn, you are always welcomed warmly by Kadine and she will cook you anything you want! Dinner was equally good at the roadside Marge & Ossies restaurant. I recommend the shrimp pineapple! The inn has a family of regulars so you must book early and confirm with owner/manager Delores O'Connor. She will ensure that you are taken care of and she will welcome you warmly to The Best Spot on Negril beach!

Room Tip: Book early and reconfirm. As always when traveling, I recommend bringing your own pillow!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mkpdolan

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Donaldson's close to 20 times and it is the most relaxing place I've found. Madge's restaurant, up by the road, is fantastic and eliminates the need to go far. And, the Inn Ting on the beach serves breakfast and lunch. When I leave home early the morning, I know exactly where I'll be at 4 pm and what I'll be doing (not much). One of the other great things is seeing friends from all over who come every year at the same time too.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank ZoeyMeyer
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Truly a Jamaican gem right on the beach in Negril. Far enough away from the music venues to be quiet at night yet close enough for a moonlit walk down the beach for some live reggae. Rooms are always clean and the best bargain on the beach. Hot and cold running water, AC if you need it, refrigerators available for a few dollars a night.

The longtime family homestead is right on the property with family members living there. No absentee owners here ! ! Family members run the breakfast / lunch cafe and gift shop that are right on the beach while others run the dinner restaurant on the road side. In addition another family member runs Ossie's Jerk Shack right across the street. Ossie's is know all over the island for some of the best jerk chicken and the hard to find jerk pork.

They have a full time security guard to keep the "higglers" away but the long time vendors like the "Cake Lady" are always welcome. Once you stay there you are considered "family" and will always be welcome with open arms and a big "Welcome Home" greeting on arrival.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank kyle33904
Red Wing, Minnesota
Reviewed July 18, 2013

well,what can I say about Donaldson inn.the wife and I have been there every year since 1981(twice one year)when we first went there there was no electric,so you had to prepare for darkness.(candles)the 7 mile beach had about 15 or so places to stay,and there was a lot of trees and jungle on the beach.you didn't even have to leave your porch for anything.everything went by the porch,every day.the owners kids,who run the place now,were the same age as us,so we got to watch each other grow old together.thats probably why we are so close to each other.the ppl. who work there would give the shirt off there back for the ppl.staying there.they are so polite it made me feel great.they give you a nick name usually so its easier to remember you.(mine is MUD.its easy to remember cause its the stuff I had on the bottom of my feet after it rained.they will help you with anything you want to do.the food is the best on the beach(in my oppiniun.overall,i woud give it a 10 out of 10.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank mud m
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Ive been to Negril over 30 times and have stayed at the Donaldson Inn for the past year. i love this place, steps from the sandy beach , clean, safe, and the owners and staff are the best

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank aloia
Maryland
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My son and I had a great stay at the Inn. Delores, Saundra and the whole staff were very accomodating as usual. I would definitely recommend the Inn to families, and couples who love the beach. The beaches in Negril are the best and you are right on the beach when you step out your door. I recommend the restaurant "Sweet n Spice" for lunch or dinner. Great food at a great price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank rcouch
tc,mich
Reviewed March 31, 2010

O.K., how do I describe it, this small resort is family,friendly,sun on the beach great! with some of the best food, drink, and relaxation needed.. go for it..tell 'em tommy tsunami sent you!!!!!!! [--]

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple