$175
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$131
$126
  • Pool
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$126
$117
  • Breakfast included
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$72
$121
Orbitz.com
$250
$228
All reviewswest endvisit jamaicacable tvocean viewthe cliffresortroutercottageupgradesscuba
Reviewed October 24, 2008

In September and October 2008 I spent five weeks in Jamaica. It was actually my second stay and just like on my first one I spent my time travelling around the island. Thus, I got to know quite a few hotels and I have to say that the Negril Escape was by far the nicest I've stayed in. First of all, its location is perfect: it's situated on the cliffs, but you can easily reach the 7-miles beach, following the road down-hill and passing all the small typically Jamaican bars and food stalls. Hence, it offers a pieceful hide-out in touristic Negril and it's less 'mainstream' than the many hotels perched along the beach. To take a swim, you can dive into the crystal blue water - it's just a few metres away from your doorstep. You can also sunbathe next to the swimmingpool which overlooks the ocean. The hotel is very well-maintained and the staff was always friendly and very helpful. It's such a cozy, nice place - I was always greeted by my name! The boutique style hotel has 42 rooms on 10 cottages. Since each cottage has its own exotic theme and unique name, I stayed in Bamboo Avenue. I adored the Jamaican crafts in the room, lying on the comfortable bed, watching cable TV in air-conditioned comfort. I actually miss my balcony where I used to relax in the hammock overlooking the ocean and the tropical garden surrounding the cottages. The hotel has its own restaurant that serves excellent food. For entertainmet there is even a music show taking place called the sunset show where artists guide you through the different genres of Jamaican music OR you can take the shuttle bus down to the Jungle, a local nightclub. Well, what else can I say about The Escape than that I really enjoyed my stay and that I would recommend it to everyone who wants to spend a wonderful, tropical vacation in Jamaica.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank steffimaria
Reviewed October 11, 2008

Take it from us this IS the place to get married at in Jamaica. We had the pleasure of getting married at Negril Escape in August of this year and believe us it was magical, and to quote some of our guests 'hollywood style'.. The venue is stunning, made all the more so by the wonderful decorations, and the amazing ocean views. We had 170 guests from the UK, USA, Canada & Jamaica at our wedding and all were bowled over as we were by the high standards employed by Don & Natasha at Negril Escape. This may not be your 5 star all inclusive resort, but believe you me having seen a number of weddings at those resorts, and experiencing what Negril Escape can provide, they are a 5 star wedding location. They take time to find out what YOU want & deliver it, for you. Our guests were entertained by an excellent band after the ceremony, whilst being served a fine selection of hors d'oeuvres and rum punch, before having a real Jamaican buffet meal and then dancing the night away to the versatile DJ. Don & Natasha left nothing to chance and did everthing to make our day extra special, and exactly as we wanted including our specific requests.

Wayne & Carol

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank 5Lemons
Reviewed October 5, 2008

I recently had my wedding at Negril Escape and could not have been happier. The cliff side of Negril is unbelievably beautiful. I did not visit the property before the wedding and I am glad I did not since I might have preferred another venue without knowing about the all the things that make Negril Escape special. Negril Escape is not the most beautiful property in Negril but was absolutely perfect for us. I went to a few places on the cliff side of Negril afterwards and believe that Negril Escape has the best wedding venue on the island.

We had about 45 people at our wedding and everyone had an absolute blast and we are still getting compliments to this day. I think it is important to mention that, apart from a handful of family members, our wedding guests were on the younger side and very excited to take advantage of all Negril Escape and Negril had to offer. Swimming in the sea, cliff / lighthouse jumping, and nighttime pool parties – it was fantastic! Since my wedding was in the low-season, our group made up nearly all of the guests at the hotel which was awesome since we didn’t have to worry about making noise and disturbing other guests. Also, some of us went SCUBA diving right off the cliffs. Negril SCUBA Centre was right on the property and so convenient.

If forced to complain, I will say the following: the food will take maybe an hour or more from when you order it. We learned quickly and ordered our food before we were hungry and hung around the pool or the ocean until it was ready. Also, the pool is not that great compared to a couple of the other properties we saw but with the ocean right there, the pool was not used all that much. And they had a cat or two running around the property which annoyed a couple of my guests. Lastly, we thought the Jungle nightclub was overrated.

We used Clive’s Transportation Service to get to and from the property. I believe that Negril Escape also has a shuttle service. But I would strongly recommend only using one of these. Taxi service is shady business in Jamaica but this is not the place to go into it. Negril is definitely a long drive from the airport but well worth it if you are looking for a more local experience (versus Montego Bay). And although Negril beach is also stunning, in my opinion, the cliff side is a way better place to have a wedding. The beaches in Jamaica are public property and people can come and go as they please right in the middle of your wedding!

Planning the wedding at Negril Escape was a little challenging. There isn’t a large staff for this and Donald pretty much manages it on his own. This is definitely not for the brides that need a lot of attention during planning. I did my best to relax during the planning but certainly did worry a bit. I was calmed by the fact that Negril Escape has weddings or other events practically every weekend. I thought to myself, there is no way I had a request that they couldn’t honor. So before the wedding I simply wrote down step by step how I wanted everything to go and went through it with them when I got there. My every request was fulfilled – Donald and Natasha are true professionals.

The wedding ceremony and reception itself was absolutely wonderful. It rained for most of the day but stopped just in time for the ceremony and we were treated to a rainbow and an amazing sunset. Unfortunately, it threatened to rain again and we were forced to move the reception inside. It’s definitely not as nice inside and terribly hot but we had a great time nonetheless.

The only thing I wish I had done differently would be to get ready in a different room. I did not like the décor in the honeymoon suite and was a bit disappointed with my pictures. If I could do it over again, I would have had the bridal party get ready and take pictures down the road at Tensing Pen which is just exquisite.

Finally, I want to talk about the staff. Really, I cannot sing higher praises to the Negril Escape staff, especially Dameon, Vivienne, Kadiane, Kim, Howard, Alrick, and Sophie. Everyone was incredibly friendly and bent over backwards to insure that our group was having an incredible time. The managers that I worked with – Donald and Natasha – were extremely accommodating as well. Natasha organized a sunset catamaran cruise for us which was a blast. I also love that Negril Escape is local-owned and the money we spent there went into the Jamaican economy.

All in all, we were extremely happy with our experience at Negril Escape and couldn’t recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank negrilescapefan
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Having stayed for a fortnight at Negril Escape, I've returned back to London completely chilled out.
Having travelled from busy Kingston and Mandeville doing the family visits etc Negril was like a breath of fresh air.

As soon and I got to Negril Escape the staff were very polite and courteous. Nothing was to much trouble. I was introduced to my room, which all cottages are themed my room was "passage to India", which really was different from the tradional hotels in Jamaica.
As my husband and I Lay in our queen size bed we felt totally relaxed and now able to really enjoy our holiday.

The views from the cottage were exquisitely, breathtaking.

I loved to meditate in the tower by the sea, it really is the best place in the world I have ever meditated in. In the evenings to sunset in amazing.

Then walking to breakfast, the guests are already so relaxed you join in and really feel welcome.

September was tradionally their quiet time so we had the lovely pool to ourselves alot of the time.

Then there is the schnorkeling, amazing corals immediately as you enter the sea. I saw dolphins daily. The scuba diving centre staff alway willing to accompany you.

I'd say "Negril Escape really is a hidden treasure". I had a wonderful time there and was in no hurry to leave.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I recently got married at Negril Escape in july and what a beautiful wedding it was...First and foremost the staff is TREMENDOUS and the driver's (wassup Perry) were excellent. Thank You to the staff at the restaurant/bar for keeping our kids (4 & 2) occupied when we tried to eat. Natasha and Donald really and truly allowed me to plan the wedding of my dreams. For all the little details I forgot they came through and took care of it. All my guests were treated with the utmost respect and if they or myself had a question or problem it was attended to either immediately or in a timely manner. The hotel arranged for a group of us to go to "jungle" nightclub and ensured some friends who decided to leave when the club closed get back to the hotel safely. If there was any service we needed or place we wanted to go the staff pointed us in that direction. I love the fact that a complimentary shuttle is provided to the beach daily...The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the rooms are eclectic (a little small for some people's taste). The hotel is quiet you don't hear a sound but what is natural to the area. The views from all angles is just gorgeous!!!! I can't say more..If you want hospitality, to be away from the crowds and nothing else matters but comfort then I suggest Negril Escape..The food is good too!!!Monetarily its affordable considering the charge is per night and breakfast is included. The grounds are safe and I can't say it any more the staff is by far the best I have ever encountered..I commend Donald for continuing to make improvements on the property as I can only see it getting better..

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business