Negril Escape is a budget resort which is reflected in the the rates and the quality of the rooms. However, If you don't need a polished hotel but want cheap place to stay with an amazing ocean view, NE may be for you. Be forewarned - although the resorts offers many sought after amenities, don't expected them to always work. When we stayed there, the pool was green for a couple days and unusable. Sometimes the air conditioning in the room would go off when the power was diverted to other uses (like karaoke night). Some of the appliances in the kitchenette (e.g. stove) didn't work. In the first room we were assigned to the shower head was clogged and sprayed everywhere. The roof leaked during a heavy rain. There were some other minor maintenance issues like rusted fixtures around the room.
We also had an issue where the room we specifically reserved was unavailable (that particular building was gutted and under construction) and we were given a room that was unsatisfactory to us. Management resolved the issue the next day by upgrading us to one of their better rooms.
Overall the property is nice, with a decent restaurant/bar and excellent cliff access. I understand that they put on a fabulous wedding, and they may be where the bulk of their business comes from. However, as a guest in one of the cottages, you will notice where maintenance and upgrades would be needed.
The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. There is a shuttle to the beach everyday, and on certain nights, the shuttle goes to the Jungle nightclub (and the driver will stay there with you).
Overall, if you are on a budget and you want a prime cliffside location but don't mind a resort that is a little worn, Negril Escape may be a good place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort Located on the cliffs in Negril. Offers a natural, holistic environment. Gardens and paths winding through the limestone to the sea. Swim, snorkle, or scuba dive-(Negril Scuba Centre is located here!) enjoy a message in our spa on the edge of the cliff, or just relax by the pool. 10 cottages- each reflecting the rich,vibrant cultural heritage of Jamaica,from India to Africa, Asia to Europe. Service personalized to the guest's individual wishes. Come Escape, relax, and rejuvenate your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Negril Escape Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Escape Hotel Negril
- Negril Escape Resort And Spa