$193
$126
  • Pool
$180
$175
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$126
$122
$301
$55
$50
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$58
$128
$125
$250
$197
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewswest endvisit jamaicacable tvocean viewthe cliffresortroutercottageupgradesscuba
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently got married here and brought about 100 guests down from all over the United States. I worked with Donald and Natasha by email and skype for over a year to plan this and they were absolutely wonderful to work with. Very easy and stress free wedding planning experience, they took care of everything! Don and Natasha are extremely professional and they accommodated all of our requests. I also worked with Floral Fantasies for the flowers which were perfect and Debra Barrett for my hair and makeup. Debra has a salon right on the property which was very convenient and she did a great job. The day of the wedding proved overcast, a bit windy, and drizzly at times, but we were still able to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors on their beautiful cliffs and had the reception in their covered third floor ballroom that had amazing views of the ocean with a cool breeze blowing through. The staff worked extremely hard to set everything up perfectly and everything looked great. We had a band and a DJ and both of them were awesome, kept us dancing all night. Everyone raved about the food, and the service was great too. I had the most amazing time, I did not want the night to end. Many of our guests told us it was the most fun wedding they'd ever been to. If you are thinking of getting married in Negril please consider this as your venue. Why have a generic wedding on the beach at a big all inclusive that has 3 to 4 weddings in a weekend and you are nothing special? Negril Escape is owned by a local family and has a unique and beautiful location, plus it's a very private setting. The personalized service I received was fantastic. I recommend this place to anyone getting married or having any kind of party in Negril. I'd be happy to answer any questions, send me a message.
Thanks Negril Escape for a wonderful wedding we will never forget!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Qino2
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My niece just was married here. Very pretty sunset spot, when there is sun. Nice point for the ceremony, water on three sides. The weather was windy and a little drizzle. The staff worked feverishly to move the reception under cover, as it was planned for the open deck. Food was some of the best we had on the trip. We had about 100 for the wedding.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ed L
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at Negirl Escape for 3 nights and 4 days. The room we got was under the "India" theme. This room was plain ugly. Here are a few reasons why:

1. the curtains on the door were torn (gosh! had never seen that in any hotel!)

2. the bed was not comfortable and looked very unclean (I checked for bugs and toppled the entire bed upside down...didn't find any bugs but didn't sleep too well either).

3. There were no chairs in the room. And no luggage stand either.

4. The mosquitoe screen was broken too.

5. On the second day, the curtain in our bathroom fell down. No one came to repair it when the house cleaning was done.

6. The bathroom was also plain and poorly done up. Actually there was nothing beyond the pot and shower and basin in the bathroom.

7. The interior decor was just so ugly.

I wondered why the owners were not investing some money into refurbishing this amazing property. We paid $130 a night for this shabby room. Given the poor conditions, the management should not be charging more than $60 a night.

The room was close to the cliffs. We could hear the sea rumbling at night, and that was amazing! The property has great potential, but is just poorly maintained.

Now the plus sides:

1. The staff is very warm and friendly. Sophia served us good breakfast every morning with a bright smile. We had a chnace to really sit and talk with her. Really liked getting to know this pleasant friendly lady.

2. We got to meet with Andrew, owner's son. What a pleasant nice person! He gave us some good tips about the city and always told us to be safe. He even offered to drive us from Negril to Montego Bay the day we were leaving. He charged $70 - a decent amount for the trip. We really enjoyed meeting this young chap. We hope he is able to turn this hotel around into something truly beautiful.

3. What beautiful view of the sea. If yuo stand near the bar, the sea will actually come and touch you once in a while. Breathtaking!

Our room was pathetic, but I could see how easily it could be transformed into something great.

Room Tip: Check a room before you take it. Ask to speak with Andrew if you have any issues. He is great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rich d
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Negril escape was a beautiful stay. The ocean view and rooms were beautiful. Best sunset in Negril! Stayed in Bamboo ave. my room was clean and relaxing, every building has a different theme so make sure u get the one that suits you.

Room Tip: You can get a diving.lesson at the scuba center located on property
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Abi R
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Best way to experience the island life for the first time! Be warned, it's definitely not a Sandals or Beaches. Which was fine for me because that wasn't what I wanted. For a real time get away from it all vacation, the Negril Escape is your best choice. Slow down, have a rum punch and enjoy the sunsets!

Updated, February 2013 - returned to Negril Escape for another week and was extremely impressed with all of the progress that's been made. The pool has been redone, there are more little spots to relax, updated aircon units, and much more. They also have the nicest staff on the island! Being a smaller resort, you get to know everyone from the housekeeping staff to the front desk, and the restaurant staff will greet you by name! Kudos to the Wallace family for staying true to their roots and not losing that special family vibe as they update the facility. Looking forward to another visit in 2014.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends