In February 2012, I submitted a review of Negril Escape entitled “a superb cliff location & an enjoyable and peaceful place to stay”.
My husband and I stayed once more at this hotel for three weeks in January, 2013. We thoroughly enjoyed being there again. As usual, the management/owners and staff were very friendly and accommodating to our needs. Our room was comfortable and clean and we loved sitting on our balcony with such a panoramic sea view and incredible sunsets.
We feel that Negril Escape offers great value in a beautiful location and we wonder why the hotel is not always occupied to capacity.
Another reviewer noted in February 2012 and I quote: “This is a Jamaican family run hotel on a good scale, near Rick’s café, and all the amenities of Negril, and yet it is often under-occupied, like many of the individual hotels. Why? Because, the airlines and tour companies now only promote the multinational enormous all-inclusive resorts. These discourage people from leaving the resort, exploring on their own, buying real goods and eating in the restaurants run by local people. The under-occupancy means Escape, like many such hotels, can look a little shabby, compared to the newer gigantic resorts down the road ”.
We totally concur with this reviewer’s comment. However, we also know from just being there, the owners are continuing to upgrade/renovate facilities, e.g. the pool and pool area were recently renovated and there are now many new lounges with good showers adjoining – a great place to relax and soak up the sun. Each day, we walked into town or to any of the small Jamaican-owned restaurants along the road and had only good experiences with friendly people and no hassles. Other guests staying at the resort also had the same good experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique resort Located on the cliffs in Negril. Offers a natural, holistic environment. Gardens and paths winding through the limestone to the sea. Swim, snorkle, or scuba dive-(Negril Scuba Centre is located here!) enjoy a message in our spa on the edge of the cliff, or just relax by the pool. 10 cottages- each reflecting the rich,vibrant cultural heritage of Jamaica,from India to Africa, Asia to Europe. Service personalized to the guest's individual wishes. Come Escape, relax, and rejuvenate your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Negril Escape Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Escape Hotel Negril
- Negril Escape Resort And Spa