$193
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$131
$121
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$72
$57
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$126
$262
Hotels.com
$233
$180
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$128
$121
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$55
$250
$229
All reviewswest endvisit jamaicacable tvocean viewthe cliffresortroutercottageupgradesscuba
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and I just returned home from eight days in Negril. We have been visiting Jamaica and many other destinations in the Carribean since 1991 and have stayed in everything from 3 to 6 stars and We fell in love with the Negril Escape within minutes of arriving Feb 1. We felt very welcome by Felicia at the front desk and fell in love with Sygen our housekeeper right away. Any concerns we had were handled within minutes from a coffepot to refrigerator. Everyone on staff at the Escape were so very friendly that we didn't want to leave after only 8 days. The balcony views were spectacular as were the views from virtually any area on the resort. Great free breakfast , free shuttle service to the seven mile beach, great snorkeling, what else can we say!
Thank you David, Sygen, Felicia, Allan, Davis, Chin, great resturant staff and everyone We haven't named. You all made our stay very enjoyable. Can't wait to return.

3  Thank BandGBurlington
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My husband and I just returned from an enjoyable two-week stay at this hotel for the second year in a row. We totally agree with the four current February reviews from other guests as we have found that there are many advantages to staying at this resort:-
* location and the view are spectacular (amazing sunsets)
* very friendly and helpful managers and staff
* peaceful environment
* good breakfast included - offering nice fruit and a variety of tasty dishes each day.

The owners/managers are in the process of renovating and refurbishing each building and room. While we were there, the pool area was retiled and refreshing outdoor showers now adjoin the pool. We were told that to make sure guests will continue to have the use of the pool in the high season, the inside of the pool will be retiled in April.

So all in all, definitely good value offered by this hotel and we hope to return next year.

1  Thank mel0n
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at Negril Escape in two years and I'll be going back again next year...

First off - if you are going to visit a smaller hotel located on the cliffs of Negril in Westmoreland, Jamaica, and if you're only spending US$100 or so per night, don't expect to be staying at a mega resort where you have staff tending to your every desire. Reading some of the other reviews on this hotel would make you think that some people probably just shouldn't visit Jamaica.

That being said...the grounds are very pretty. It's upon the cliffs and the ocean views are spectactular. There is a great little cove below the cliffs for swimming, and there's a small pool if you don't like jumping into a 30-40 foot deep ocean.

One of the best features of this hotel is that it includes a very good buffet style breakfast which varies from day-to-day. Also, the fantastic Jamaican coffee is included as well.

The staff is EXTREMELY was friendly and courteous and attentive to the needs of me and my friend I was traveling with. Kevin (groundskeeper) and his brother Jermaine (security) are just a couple of the fantastic people you get to meet when you're staying here.

Another great feature of this property is that the family which owns and operates this property also owns and operates a popular nightclub/music venue called The Jungle. So, if you're lucky enough to be staying at the Negril Escape the same night that there's a concert going on at The Jungle, there's a good likelihood that your admission to the concert is included. There's even a bus which will take you to and from the club.

The rooms are nice. They are NOT deluxe suites at some 4-5 star luxury resort. They are clean and well maintained. The bathrooms all have functional showers with hot water. Quite frankly, when I'm in Negril the last place I care about is my room (because it's too much fun being outside there!).

The Negril Escape is a great place to use as a home base because it's high enough on the cliffs to be quite at night, but is also surrounded by some local businesses and restaurants that give me (and any traveler) enough options to be happy. For example, if you're hungry you can go across the street and visit Ali for a home-made Jamaican pattie, or further down the road you can go to the Jam-Cam Bridge restaurant to listen to live reggae on Monday and Thursday nights. You can go further down the road to visit the famous Rick's bar - or be a little less touristy and go next door to Rick's and have a great meal at a place on called LTU. All these places are within a 10-15 minute walk from the Negril Escape.

I went to Negril Escape in February 2011, and went back in February 2012. I will most likely be back there again in February 2013.

It's a really great place.

Room Tip: The more you pay the closer you get to the ocean. I pay for the back rooms and wake up and walk the 1 minute it takes to get a chair by the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Seth T
Reviewed February 11, 2012

My wife and I have been vacationing in Negril for 30 years and have stayed at various places, always on the cliffs. This was our first time staying at Negril Escape. We arrived on Jan 28th and we were met at our room by Sygen, the young lady that would be servicing our room for the 2 weeks. She asked if I needed anything and I told her I needed a table and a couple more chairs for the balcony because I like to sit and read the paper with a coffee in the morning. She had that in about 5 minutes. I also told her we needed a coffee maker and she had that in 5 minutes. The room does need a little refurbishing, but it was very comfortable and Sygen was great for us. She noticed when we had left for the day and always had our room done before we got back. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Negril has always been up and down with water pressure for the shower, but not at Escape.The staff were great people and it was a pleasure to have met them. Escape is also owners of the Jungle nite Club and you get free admission to any shows there, which was a great bonus. Breakfast was included with our stay and we were not disappointed. Traditional Calaloo, Akee, steamed vegtables, boiled banana etc.. were excellent. I recommend the scrambled or fried egg and calaloo sandwich...I think I invented that. The Hotel is very nice but the staff makes the place !!!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We loved our stay here. After reading some of the reviews about this resort, it makes me wonder if the some of the visitors forget they are visiting a third world country! I'm also fairly confident you are not spending the same nightly rate as a 4 or 5 star resort, so why would you expect the conditions as such? We travelled to Jamacia and this resort because we love the low key atmosphere. The staff is incredible; providing you are not rude to them. Jamacians have their own way of doing things and it may not be your way, if you want it your way... stay home and go to Burger King! As for us... we'll be back doing it... Jamacian way! Yeah Mon!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple