“awesome spot”

Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Onancock, Virginia
“awesome spot”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

was there in january for a week, loved the quiet place, had an awesome time, will be going back this january, the manger keith and staff were always available to help with anything at anytime, great customer service, great food fun atmosphere

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank sean r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here a year and a half ago. Everyone at the property was very accomadating and very helpful. The location is a bit out of the way, but better than being stuck on a large compound. The drivers were great and made getting around to see other areas very easy. Of course the sunsets are phenominal and I would say this place gives you alot of "bang for your buck".

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eric W
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our stay at the Westender Inn was quite beautiful. It all started with the manager Mr. Keith, who was very prompt and accommodating with answering all of our many questions we had. He was very prompt and kind. He also gave us a great deal and great advise with going with an upgrade because our room had such a gorgeous view and seemed like it was built just for us. :)
The grounds were very nice and the gardens and trees were just stunning. The views from our balcony were awesome and the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks at night were the best one could ask for for a great nights sleep. The bed was comfortable. And hats off to the staff. From sweet Jhoenea, who works in the office. To Nicole so sweet and thanks for bringing up our breakfast each morning. To our waiter Kamar whom we met for breakfast the last day, you were so kind. To the rest of the staff... hats off.... and great job to the chef. Excellent meals.. all 3! Sorry Keith was not there...would have loved to meet you in person.
Overall this establishment is for those who like secluded, laid back, relaxed, slow paced, non touristy, fantastic ocean views and the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks.
It is the last hotel on the cliffs, you do need to take shuttle or taxi to other restaurants or attractions. Just one recommendation: sign should be posted of pricing for the shuttle bus to transport out of the parish, we did a day trip and was not told that the price changes for the hotels shuttle once it leaves out of Negril. So just for future guests make sure you ask before hand of price before you leave because we were not told this.
Other than that ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! I would definitely return and I have since mentioned it to others. Cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: rooms 14, 15, 16, 9, have excellent ocean views. 14, 15, 16 upper levels. Dolphin suite has not ou...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Negrilloving
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed April 6, 2014

If you are brave enough to rent a car in Jamaica so that you can get around, the Westender is a lovely, secluded, romantic spot. Staff is welcoming and helpful and the food is wonderful. Our room overlooked the water. The water was too rough to snorkel in when we were there but they have a nice little area to do that. Sunset is as good as Rick's and you have it to yourself! Buy the fixings for rum punch in town and keep them in your own mini fridge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denise G
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The people in the hotel are very nice and friendly, and they provide really good service. It provides really delicious foods and fabulous drink. It has little beach, and you can enjoy the ocean breeze all the time.

Room Tip: They have the room face to the sea,I think that's the best.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Jiaqi Z
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just spent a week at Westender with my two boys, and my son's girlfriend. We couldn't have asked for more. The staff was professional, friendly and accommodating. My older son has developmental disabilities and he was well cared for not only at Westender but in all of Negril. All of the hype about crime in Jamaica is just that--hype. Not our experience at all. The setting at Westendar is like a picture postcard and the rooms are clean and well cared for. The food in the restaurant was excellent, on our first night there was a bonfire on the beach, with great food served and superb pina coladas. All in all a wonderful vacation. I do an awful lot of traveling for business, and have seen way too many hotels. I'd not hesitate to return to Westender.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the rooms whose patio faces the ocean. Some are upstairs and are suites. We stayed...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Carolannie52
Chico, California
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The Westender Inn is truly the perfect place to set the sun. The staff are beyond cordial, they treat you like family. I have vacationed on over a dozen different islands in the Caribbean each time under different financial strains myself. Yet, when I finally found the Westender Inn in Negril, Jamaica, I honestly felt like I could stop exploring and just be. There was such a zen feeling that I found myself wondering when my positive attitude would wear thin and I would get back in the fast lane "island time be damned". But the more time I spent at the Westender the more pronounced the feeling became! Needless to say the comfort and enjoyment never did subside. I, honestly, had two other trips planned this year and instead I cancelled one, and postponed the other, just to spend as much time as possible at this secluded alcove on the western tip of unparalleled Jamaica.

• Stayed February 2014