“First trip worth the experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westender Inn

Westender Inn
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Euclid, Ohio, United States
“First trip worth the experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great first experience in Jamaica, the staff is A-1. Everyone made you feel at home and treated you like family. I would recommend this establishment to anybody planning a trip to Jamaica. Make sure you experience the Blue Hole and ride the horses into the ocean, yes actually ride the horse into the water waste high. For food you must try Three Dive jerk restaurant and of course the food at the Westender Inn.

Room Tip: The Dolphin room #15
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rod W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Let me start off by saying this is our favorite place to stay in Jamaica. If you are looking for the bustling/loud, crowded all-inclusive experience this is NOT the place for you. This is definitely the type of place you go to escape the day to day stresses and relax. It is SO quiet the only thing you hear is the ocean. It is a bit out of the way but they offer shuttle service that is very convenient. All of their staff is awesome. Do yourself a favor and have Dane pick you up from the airport, it is much easier than haggling with the taxi drivers at the airport and he is great. My husband and I were so excited to see that pretty much all of the staff was the same from our previous visit the year before. The staff is one of the main reasons we went back. Everyone is so nice and hospitable. We have had nothing but positive experiences here. Don't let that they are not on the main 7-mile beach area dissuade you, Germaine will take you anywhere you want to go. Make sure you go to Three Dives jerk center and Blue Hole Mineral Springs. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Almond Suite #14
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jlucas202dc
Annapolis, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at the Westender in March of 2013. We had a most wonderful, relaxing time! The property is beautiful and meticulously maintained and the staff could not be more accommodating. Although we went into town a couple of times, the restaurant and bar right at the Westender is top notch! Our bartender, Kerith, was extremely knowledgable and talented at creating refreshing libations and the chef went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed each and every meal. The rooms have walk-around terraces with beautiful sounds and views of the blue Caribbean, with the waves breaking on the limestone shore below. Although there is much to see and experience nearby, I would be content to spend weeks at this hotel alone without going anywhere. For a quiet, romantic, relaxing and beautiful getaway, I cannot say enough great things about the Westender. Say hello to Kerith, Raymond, Jose and the whole staff- they are amazing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CapitanVasily
Maritimes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our third trip to the Westender - a total of over 30 glorious days and nights hanging out at this great small inn at the far west end of Negril. We crave the peace and quiet, the hypnotic views of the sea, chatting to the other guests and most of all having the chance to get to know and be taken very good care of by the down to earth, professional but warm and friendly staff! We took friends on this trip and of course were concerned that they appreciated our home away from home in Jamaica. No worries there...they have already booked a Xmas visit with family and friends! The only downside is that I do feel a little sad when leaving! We have found the atmosphere perfect for us. We love being out in the country, knowing that we can head into cliffside restaurants or to the beach anytime at a fair price. We love our morning breakfasts at Westies, sitting out on the point watching the surf pounding in, late evening swims in the Jamaica shaped pool and sleeping in the comfortable bed while listening to the peaceful night sounds. The Westender is a perfect option for people who appreciate staying in a small friendly, well- run inn that takes pride in friendliness, service and in the peace that being in the country can afford you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank DebWCanada
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a late check in at Westender, and Raymond just quickly let us into our room, we didn't get bogged down by the check in process so we were able to go straight to sleep. Woke up the next morning to their comp breakfast cooked fresh to order (LeRoy is an AWESOME cook), chatted with Bill their F&B manager about local hangout spots (great recommendations). Then went for a cool down in their pool, before we took their shuttle into town for some more food and also to the beach for some jet-skiing, hanging out and walking along the beach. The property is out of the way but the property is so quiet, relaxing and really convenient if you want to go anywhere since they have a shuttle right there. Everyone at Westender is SO pleasant, Keith, their GM, knows how to run a business! Honest, good, no-hustle, clean, helpful. We even hired their driver, Germaine, on his off day to take us around town to do our engagement photos. Then the staff put together a bonfire for my fiance and I during dinner along the waters/cliffs, along with a signed sky lantern with "CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS & VIVIEN" on the lantern, we lit it and we all watched it sail into the sky. MAGICAL and AMAZING night for us :) THANK YOU WESTENDER!

Room Tip: We were in the deluxe oceanview room, we could hear the waves crashing against the rocks from the ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vivien H
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Let me start off by saying that this is my second stay at Westender Inn. This hotel is simply amazing! Great staff, great food, great people! We spent 5 days and we had so much fun. What we love about Westender Inn is that it's quiet and away from all the noise of the busy streets. I recommend that you rent a car if you're planning on staying there. To get downtown into the heart of Negril, it's a 15 minutes drive. It only took us 7 Minutes to get to Ricks Cafe from the hotel. We didn't mind driving 15 minutes to get to the hotel because once we got there, it was so quiet & peaceful, unlike other hotels whereas you step out, there's someone bothering you to buy any sort of souvenirs. The main pool is always clean, the infinity pool gets sand or other stuff from the ocean inside when the sea gets rough, they always clean it once the sea gets calm. The food was great! We stayed in the Almond Suite, room #14, which was recommended by Renee who was so polite & very helpful. The room is HEAVENLY! It has a nice King size bed with plush sheets, a Jacuzzi, Fridge, Microwave, Flat Screen TV with Direct TV & a Coffee Maker. There's also a little living room area with a sofa. A slide door separates the living/bedroom area from the spacious balcony. The balcony has a patio table with two chairs, a hammock, a rocking chair and a Chaise lounge. Did I say anything about the view from the balcony ?? It's AMAZING! I highly recommend that you stay at this amazing hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dwayne D
North Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I visited Jamaica for the first time ever and boy what a fabulous experience I had.. From the driver Nelson that picked myself, sister and friend up from the airport to the entire staff at the Westender.. I loved the hospitality and how I felt welcome and not like a common tourist.I know I thanked everyone while I was there but I would like to have it where everyone could read.. Thank you again Jermaine, Dane, Renee, Kaylene, and all the staff at the Westender. You really made my first experience the best ever and I definitely plan on a return visit so I can "turn up" again... P.S. the guys and gals deserve a raise and I am definitely recommending Westender to everyone I know that is planning a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends