Westender Inn
  • Pool
$109
$53
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$62
$60
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$135
$49
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $55/night.

Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$55
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
$270
$162
  • Breakfast included
$182
$160
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$153
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
$240
$233
Hotels.com
All reviewssea poolalmond suitehotel shuttlecrashing wavessalt water poolwest endshuttle serviceocean sidepeace and quietget away from it alldowntown negrilfried chickenvisit jamaicaackee and saltfishbeautiful propertythe entire staffseven mile beach
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Westender Inn is at the far west end just outside of Negril, near Rick's and the Lighthouse. If you want to park yourself in an all inclusive resort, this is not for you. We had a rental car and were glad we did-all except for the driving part :-). The staff is very friendly and the food is great. We were steps from the water, although during the time we were there the waves crashing on the rocks made the little beach unswimmable.

Room Tip: There are four rooms in our buliding - two on the first level and two on the upper that have great views and are very close to the surf. Ours was room 10 on the first level. I would take anyone of the four, but would likely have a preference for the ground level just to be able to step right out to the sand. There is another building with great rooms too!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Westender Inn has to be the most beautiful hotel/inn in Negril. The place looks exactly like the photos that they have posted on their website

The view from the rooms are gorgeous! You have your own spacious private balcony with a hammock!! Most of all the service is great!

Big thank you to Renee. I called in advance and told her what I wanted and she recommended the room. When we arrived and she walked us into the room my mouth dropped! The room was absolutely amazing!

I will definitely be returning to the Westender whenever I am staying in Negril!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kai_S3130
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westender for our second year anniversary. We decided to stay there based on the reviews. All I can say is that the Westender is more than what people write. There is nothing like experiencing it for yourself. The people there and in the rest of Negril are the nicest people that I have ever met in my entire life.As long as the Westender is there, I will be back!!!! My new home!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Melvette17
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Out of the chaos of the resorts, bars, etc. the Westender is like being on your own private estate. Extraordinary views, lovely salt plunging pool, soothing veranda outside our room, not to mention the most wonderful and fun employees ever! My two daughters surprised me with this trip for my 80th birthday....what fun! Great restaurant, bar, full fresh water pool! And when we wanted to see the action off we went to watch cliff diving, shopping, new restaurants, snorkeling beaches....etc. The employees make the difference making a visit warm and fun and inviting instead of just another resort. Try it!! You'll love it!!

Room Tip: we loved ground floor facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank carol s
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westender in March thanks to a great deal with Living Social. The location of the Inn is at the end of the West End of Negril (thus the name) and is very isolated from the action in the city. This makes it an ideal spot for those folks who want to get away from it all and unwind. When we travel, we typically rent a car. However, because of the insurance requirements, we chose to forgo this and have the Inn pick us up instead (the current charge is $80 for two people one way). Be very careful if you choose to rent a car. Check your insurance. We checked both our own car insurance and our credit card insurance. This is one of the few countries that neither would insure, which means you need to purchase the insurance offered by the car company. By the time you add this cost, it was quite expensive. In addition, the hotel offers a shuttle for a very reasonable fee ($3.50 per person per one way) and will take you anywhere you want to go. So we ended up saving money by not renting the car.

The property itself is small. There are rooms on both sides of the road, but if you want a view ask for a room on the ocean side. If you are there on a Living social voucher, see if they will upgrade you to one of the suites for an additional cost. They are much nicer than the regular rooms and have just as good a view. This is their slow time so they aren't very busy right now.

The room we were assigned (#4) had a great view. It has a porch with hammock and chairs. The room itself is very small, but adequate. The furnishings are dated (it reminds me of a low-cost American chain) but clean. The bed was comfortable. The air conditioning is marginal and it tends to get warm at the end of the day.

Our voucher included daily breakfast, and this was consistently very good. They offer quite a range of items and you will find all the traditional American types of breakfast foods. We weren't quite as happy with the other meals we had at the facility and found them to be ok but not great (with the exception of the fried chicken which was great).

The service provided by EVERYONE was exceptional. To a person the staff was courteous and friendly. Another big advantage of this hotel is that you won't be bothered by people walking the beach trying to sell you something.

In terms of snorkeling, you can go right off the rocks, but the sights are marginal at best. We went further down in Negril off the cliffs which was some better, and you can also take a boat off the 7 mile beach which is probably the best snorkeling around that area. However, my husband did see two large sting rays right off our room on the last day who hung around and swam with him for a long time. That was thrilling!

Another big treat was the massage that was included in the voucher. It was done by Tara Hayles under the trees just a few feet from the ocean. Awesome. it was also one of the best massages I have ever had, anywhere. Her email is hayles.tara@gmail.com and you can find her on Facebook at Healing Touch Massage.

Overall this was a great getaway and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We had Room 4 which was only about 25 feet from the water and had a great overall view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple