“Its like a fantasyland on the cliffs! Stunning upgrades”

Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed September 16, 2010

this was my 3rd trip to Catcha and I was so very much impressed by the work and the layout they did with the new pool and excellent jacuzzi on the cliffs edge overlooking the caves and the best dive location in Negril. The food is impeccable, pricy but worth it and the ambiance is excellent. Its right next to Ricks and there a grocery store right across the street. cant beat it. will be back sooner than they think! lol thanks so much for your professionalism while I was there! Melissa

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank shbabbette
There are newer reviews for Catcha Falling Star

Reviewed September 10, 2010

My girlfriends and I spent a few days on the 7 mile beach and fell in love with the place down there...and that beautiful beach. To get a taste of the other side of Negril we booked 4 nights at Catcha.

The hotel is wonderful. Basic for NYC standards if that's what you’re looking for but I love everything about the two bedroom Aquarius. It was very clean, quaint and had a lot of charm. The sheets and bedding were satisfactory and the four poster bed set you in the restful mood you wanted to find in Jamaica. Our terrace was private and had the best views of the sunset in Private - so you can skip the crowded rick's cafe and get the same view.

The kitchen was disappointing. We were expecting a stovetop as advertised but got a hot plate. It wasn't enough to make us leave though.

The bar and kitchen staff were beyond compare. (Thank you for taking care of us Ordia!) My friends enjoyed the food - I was less than impressed, enjoyed Pushcart at the other hotel better.

If you want to veg out and do nothing at all...this is the place for you. The pool was pleasant but tiny and the cliff waters were rough and not a relaxing experience even for this experienced swimmer. My mates were less experienced so one avoided the deep water all together.

Wifii in the room was sketchy. laptop provided at the bar. security was excellent. no phones in the room so you have to walk down to the bar to order hotel room service...yeah weird.

If you want to explore the beach and the nightlife at all - then stay on the beach (save the expensive cab fare for drinks). Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank kebs7845
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We were so excited about our upcoming vacation to Catcha Falling Star, then to be announced as the “One Millionth” visitor to Montego Bay, Jamaica’s airport in 2010 made our experience even more incredible. It’s not often one is moved beyond words by an experience.

Our stay at Catcha was perfect in so many ways,…combining all the elements we were seeking: tranquility, beauty, romantic/private intimate escape, laid back, attentive and pleasant staff and activities only when we desired them.

Resort -- the natural beauty of Catcha is amazing – lush tropical gardens, full of flowers with birds and butterflies moving about freely, all so well tended to daily by Jackie (who always hard at work). Beautifully manicured trails lead you throughout the small intimate grounds. This tropical paradise is set on a cliff side surrounded by crystal clear waters every shade of blue/green imaginable.

We stayed in Aries villa suite; (beautiful natural wood throughout) it was spacious, clean with a balcony that provided stunning ocean, grounds and sunset views. Fresh flowers were left on our bed daily. Due to the layout (multi-level layers, steps, cliffs) of the resort it’s not conducive for either children or the elderly. The cove entry to the ocean can be bit tricky as it’s either jump in or climb down ladder which puts you into deep ocean waters (definitely not for faint swimmers), although most days the waters were calm.

Staff -- Catcha’s staff is what helps make it unique, as they all display such warm Jamaican hospitality. Their natural joy and vibrancy is truly a delight to experience,…always pleasant and genuine. Kevin (bartender) delights you by his cheerful demeanor and singing (always happy) while mixing up some delicious cocktails. Carol always in good spirits while serving you breakfast every morning, and Kenisha equally delightful at dinnertime. Andrea (front office), ever so helpful and accommodating (promptly answered many e-mail inquires before our arrival).

Ivan’s -- We met Ivan’s chefs Shelly and Godfrey who cooked up fabulous meals (hands down) one after another. Always fresh,…true ethnic cooking seasoned to perfection, and so accommodating with special requests. I wanted to kidnap them and take them home….LOL!!

Transportation – Dandy was the best tour guide/taxi driver. He knows the island and culture firsthand and during our day trip to Kingston to visit my Mom’s birthplace, he showed us sights we could only have imagined (always allowing time to hop out the vehicle to sightsee further and take pictures). From the time he picked us up at the airport to our return trip back we were in good hands and we always felt safe. Buckle up for the ride, Jamaica’s roads are full of twists, turns and potholes!

Misc. -- Vincent’s snorkeling tour picks you right up from the cove and takes you on a great snorkel adventure out to a reef. Great experience and reasonably priced. We had massages right on the porch,…so peaceful with the ocean breeze and sound of the waves. Really whatever you wanted to enhance your stay Catcha helped make it happen (a true paradise).

What helps make Catcha so magical is that the entire staff has the same genuine natural energy about them (always happy, singing and oh so accommodating). All try to make your vacation the best one yet. Maybe it’s the constant exposure to sunshine that makes their outlook so positive, but we Americans could certainly take note for just being happy with “what is” and enjoying life’s simple pleasures.

Many thanks to all the wonderful staff at Catcha for making our visit a memorable one! We can’t wait to return to Catcha,…until then we many beautiful pictures to remind us of Jamaica. One love,….see you in 2011!

6  Thank ADW-NY
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I absolutely adored this hotel. It's by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were on sale during the week I stayed so I was able to stay in the Sagittarius which was amazing. It felt like we were right on the sea. We could open the door and just see the sea practically right there with the most beautiful sunsets.

The food I ordered was delicious! Shrimp with coconut and pimento sauce, I asked for mine to be spicy and it was perfect. By far the best meal of my trip.

Swimming in the sea and baby cliffs were so perfect, it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. I didn't go in the pool, but it's definitely smaller than the pics! Staff was very very friendly!!!

I don't think there's wireless at this hotel, but the bar had wireless, and since our room was close to the bar, we were able to pick up good service from the wireless in our room as well! Not that you would need to be on your computer in a place like this...but just so you know!

You must love nature though because you have to duck your head to walk through the vegetation (which is quite nice), but at night these lizards come out. They weren't in the room but they were outside the door by the outside light, ugh. That was the only downside because I hate those kind of lizards...I don't mind the green ones, but I really don't like those brown ones. If you're not freaked out by that stuff than you'll have a blast! It didn't put a damper on my trip though, I still enjoyed myself thoroughly!

I'm definitely going back again!

3  Thank NewYorker30
Reviewed September 5, 2010

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Catcha 7/31-8/7.
We had the best time. I'm not going to go on and on forever, because I totally agree with what everyone's already said about Catcha... It is truly heaven on earth.
The staff was wonderful especially Mauvette and Ty. Hey Andrea, Carol and Ardea oh and Kevin.You all made my honeymoon great. You are the sweetest people but you are also so genuine.
I loved, loved, loved our room. We stayed in Venus and when we return that's where we would stay again. The decor in the room was room was great. For my hubby the A/C in the room was necessary, however it would have been nice to have it in the living area but we got used to hanging out in our swim suits.
We spent numerous hours jumping off the cliffs at Catcha and chilling in the inner tubes that are tied up in the ocean on the Catcha property. We also had alotta fun in the cool hottub (I loved that it was cool) and the pool. We also spent many hours in the coves all over the property.
My only issue was that I found the food at Ivan's rather pricey, and it wasn't all that convenient because we had to come all the day downstairs to eat, so it was just as easy to leave he property. But it wasn't a biggie, we just ate else where (we did eat at Ivans for 2 bfast's 2 lunches and 1 dinner).
Overall I really loved my time at Catcha and we will definitely be back in the future. Catcha is more than just a resort, it is an experience. And believe me we loved the experience.
Miss you guys (especially Mauvette she's the best!!!!).

2  Thank PrettyHazardous
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I just got back last week and want to go back soon. We had the opportunity to stay in Catcha last year for two days and loved the property; you can’t help to fall in love with the amazing sunsets and the friendliness of the staff. After the two-night stay, we spent one week in the beach, which I was very persistent to do. But after the trip I decided I like the cliffs much better. We were not planning on going back, but we did. We stayed in Catcha for 10 nights, which I wish the days were longer. I had an opportunity to really explore and feel at home. This is a small property; It feels like it is run by a family. A lot of the staff was there since my last visit. People call you by your first name and there isn't a problem to get anything you need. The service is a bit slow, but we learned that we are used to a very fast pace here in the states. Things are a lot more relaxed in Jamaica. You just have to get used to it.
We stayed in Venus, which is one of the rooms on the second floor. The room was specious. You have your bedroom with AC, a big bathroom, living room, kitchen & dinning (the kitchen has a hot top, microwave and a big fridge), and the most important part of the room, your very spacious and well furnished balcony. The room was very clean and the staff would do arrangements for you to feel special (we got flowers on our bed some days and other nice details that matter).
The food was really good I can’t complain about anything that came out of the kitchen. They have one of the best chefs in the area.
I hope you find this helpful; we should be going back soon.

2  Thank CatalinaMiami
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I found Catcha Falling Star pretty wonderful---you overlook the ocean, with separate cottages amidst the Jamaican foliage, nicely tucked behind a wall in Negril's West End.

My wife loves this place, and I found the breakfasts provided top-notch, with the coffee
laid out in the mornings perfect. The staff folks are helpful, privacy is a given, and whenever you wish to exit the property you are in the swim of Negril's laid-back culture.

Beautiful views, competitive rates for this type of accomodations in the area, and it is as I said: What Not To Like? If in the future we stay in Negril, this would be our spot, and in succeeding years since our visit, only their fully booked rooms kept us from doing so at the time we wished. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Foreign-Man
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
#7 of 80 in Negril
Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!