“My Dream Catcha' Wedding”

Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Houston, Texas
“My Dream Catcha' Wedding”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Catcha Falliing Star Resort is a small piece of heaven. I was a bit nervous about planning a destination wedding in Jamaica without visiting the resort first but after doing some research and communicating with the staff I decided to go for it. Andrea and the staff were great and extremely personable! When we finally made it to the resort we were in awe of how gorgeous the it was. My wedding was fabulous and my guests of about 35 people had an unforgettable time! The only recommendation I have is for Catcha is to add gratuity to the bill at the restaurant for large groups because many of my guests thought that when they put their bill on the room they would tip at checkout. Also, some guests didnt know that we paid for unlimited drinks during the cocktail hour and ended up paying for their own drinks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Boudry, Switzerland
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a jolly nice hotel, built on splendid cliffs, well furnished rooms, what I would call proper accommodation. The restaurant serves excellent food, seafood better than any other place in the country.

As a negative note, general to the country, Jamaica is far too much tip-dependent! All establishments have a Service charge, then you still have the waiter or whoever standing in front of you awaiting more. Very annoying.
Not much to see outside the hotel, just go there, shut the door, stay inside, enjoy the

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Aquarius room. I cant say enough good things about this resort.
The staff were all very helpful. The grounds were beautifully kept. The manager made a point of coming to our table and welcoming us to the resort. There is nothing negative I can say. Will definitely be going to this resort again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbra G
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I have been gone to Jamaica over forty times. We stayed on the Seven mile
beach in Negril until three years ago. We went to Catcha Falling Star to have dinner because
Trip Advisor had rated Ivan's at Catcha No. 1 place to eat in Negril. We fell in love with the
gated thirteen room hotel on the cliffs with beautiful gardens. The outdoor sitting on the cliffs with
the beautiful sunset and great food made for a wonderful night out. The next trip to Negril we
stayed at Catcha and have been staying there every time we go to Jamaica at least three
times a year. We love that the facility is very small and private. The staff are all so friendly
and when you leave you have made friends with all the staff, from the grounds keeper to the
the owner. If you don't want to eat every meal at Catcha, even though the food is great breakfast
lunch and dinner, there are a lot of places within a short walk out the gate. There are so many
other places with a five minute cab ride. Ricks is right beside Catcha so every day you can
watch the boats all go by to see the cliff jumpers. Catcha is like a second home to my husband
and I. We will probably be back in January and can't wait.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms at Catcha have a great ocean view. Most of the rooms are air-conditioned, So make...
Garland, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2013

What an amazing time we had at this little treasure of a hotel. The staff was amazing and so friendly. The Libra Cottage was just charming and we even had a view of the dolphins from our room. I would say the only drawback to this place was the distance from the airport....ugggg....approximately 2 hours by cab. On our next trip, we will look into a quicker means of transportation to get our vacation started. AND, if you want an actual beach, there is a free shuttle to Margaritaville where there is a beautiful stretch of white sand beach. Highly recommended!

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. The resort is perfect for relaxing, with lounge chairs, restaurant/bar, pool and jacuzzi on the cliffs overlooking the ocean. Equipment is also available for those wishing to snorkel in the clear water. The lifeguard was always willing to swim with us to show us the best spots for seeing aquatic creatures. A small grocery store is very close by and several good Jamaican restaurants are also within walking distance--or a short taxi ride away if you don't want to deal with the road.

Toluca, Mexico, Mexico
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in September 2013. It is a quiet, private and pleasant place situated on the cliffs in Negril, Jamaica. The rooms are well appointed, clean, modern and functional. The room I stayed in Libra has ocean frontage and lovely views of the property. The gardens are beautiful. The hotel restaurant and bar offers delicious meals and drinks however they do come at a cost. Several other eating options are available only a short walk nearby. I recommend eating both at Catcha and trying those places nearby. The lifeguard (Derick), guard (Lewis), gardner (Jackie) and front office staff treated us like family. In fact, the receptionist stated when we left, "If you don't like it where you're going, come back home". I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wezy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
CocoLaPalm Resort
#10 of 81 in Negril
Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Negril Tree House Resort

Been to Catcha Falling Star? Share your experiences!