“Paradise!”

Catcha Falling Star
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you are looking for a place to just to relax with a loved one and have wonderful views, great food and drinks, want to sit back enjoy the sun, sand and sangria and forget about work, stress and daily hassles, You must come here!!!
The best staff all around!! (They will go out of their way to make this vacation the one you will never forget!) from Mauvette and Andrea at the front office, to Carol at the bar and everyone at Ivan’s GREAT FOOD & JERK SAUCE and MANGO DRESSING!
Mr. Jamaican man- Jackie!! and to everyone at the front gate who got me and the car out safely every time!
If you are going to rent a car…remember.. left left left side driving!!! People and animals are always in the streets (very narrow with large potholes on county roads).. but I have to drive and see the sites!!!
Great rooms, beautiful grounds, great music, 7 Mile Beach was beautiful, YS Falls was breathtaking even in the rain!!! …Jamician me crazy!!! LOL
Thank you to everyone who made this one of my best trips with my sister!! I will return!!! 

Room Tip: I love the cottages and 2nd floor rooms all have great views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bearsmom721

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Wow! We plan on returning -- which is not our usual vacation plan -- but this place is outstanding.

Kudos to the staff -- they all were friendly and with amazing memories of what we liked, making it very personal. I can't mention everyone (partly because my memory for names is awful) but people who stand out:

Mauvette at the front desk was always helpful.

Tanisha at the restaurant remembered what we ordered after one time and gave great service.

Tara came from offsite (Oya was gone) and gave my wife the two best massages she ever has had -- perfect pressure, came early and stayed late -- went way over the time we booked her for

The site is beautiful - it's a small property but lots of levels to it so you can have privacy if you want. The pool really is tiny but adequate -- my pool loving wife was satisfied and it gave a nice place to cool off.

We stayed in Aries. Water pressure was great in the shower, he ceiling fan was fine for the kitchen area, loved ac in the bedroom. There is a water shortage in Negril now so water pressure in sinks everywhere is a bit low but perfectly adequate. The view was amazing. The bed is harder than I like.

There is not much to do in Negril -- lots of little store fronts selling cheap stuff and the craft market with the same -- so if you love shopping this may not be your place.

Most of the restaurants are closed for lunch which was a surprise -- though Ivan's has a good lunch. Xtabi and rock house were open though in my opinion not worth it. Out of town patties and just natural and I think LTUs are open and supposed to be good. Sips and bites looked good but at 1215 they were only ready to serve breakfast. Check out Ros Roddys for a cool lunch experience.

You can walk to all the restaurants worth eating at in the area in a mile or less. We felt very comfortable walking on the road though you have to be aware of traffic and ready to get out of the way

We ran almost every day -- Catcha is at one end of things pretty much and after a mile the road was very quiet. That means I wouldn't recommend a woman run alone there -- we saw the occasional pot smoking local and they probably were harmless -- we never felt threatened -- but you could encounter people in pretty isolated spots.

If you can bring your own towel it's kind of nice -- there were times in the am there weren't any out yet. It was worth keeping one a few days once you got it.

Someone brought inflatable tubes which was a great idea -- to float in the ocean or pool.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank MeT1nT2
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our 2 week vacation in Negril. We spend one week on the beautiful 7 mile beach and 1 week on the Cliffs. It is the perfect balance (2 vacations in 1).
This was our 4th year at Catcha and as always we were welcomed by the most gracious staff. It truly is why we keep returning. We have stayed in a few different cottages and each has its own charm. Sitting on our porch watching the dolphins,fishing boats, or the amazing sunsets is almost indescribable. You have to experience it for yourselves.
Of course, breakfast with Adia and Carol (our beautiful waitresses) is something to look forward to.
Family is a word that comes to mind when I look back on my time at Catcha.
Sadly , two days before we were to leave our Catcha family experienced a tragic loss. The drowning of two young men (members of our Catcha family) , My husband and I felt so powerless that day. Both of us shared grief with our friends, and we will forever be changed by the events that day. We saw so many acts of heroism and yet it was just not enough. I wish I could have done more, All we can do now is pray for Tristan and Damian's families and our Catcha Family.
We will return next year, same time to our beautiful friends, Our Home Away From Home.
Blessings,
Mike and Cheryl

Room Tip: Libra is quiet, New rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 291MichaelD291
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at Catcha in February for three wonderful nights. The grounds are beautiful, Ivan's is good and the view from the cliffs is just awesome. We enjoyed swimming in the ocean and just lounging about. The rooms are very clean and very affordable, although we did not spend much time in the room! My only complaint about the room is that the lighting in the bathroom is not very good. Ladies -- take note! Free wi-fi and comfortable beds. Next time we visit, we will stay in one of the cottages. The location is perfect and there are several restaurants within walking/short cab distance from the hotel if you ever tire of Ivan's. The staff were all accomodating and very helpful. Everyone was pleasant and cheerful. We were skeptical about visiting Jamaica, but Catcha has made us love Negril. We will certainly be back, and we will certainly stay at Catcha!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jag_7896
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The resort is beautiful. It's perfectly landscaped and so pretty. The views overlooking the water are like something painted from a picture. It's one of those places where you stand at the edge, overlooking the cliff to the water and thinking "Am I really here right now? If only I could bottle this view with me for all time and relive it." The pool is TEENY but does what it needs to do: provide a nice little cool-off away from the heat and eventhough it's small, it's, dare I say, cute. I had the pasta jerk chicken and it was HOT. Burned my mouth. I highly highly highly recommend the Chocolate Monkey drink. It was ridiculously good. So good I had everyone in my group of friends trying it for a taste and ordering it later. It was a big hit amongst everyone. Drink it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PalomitaBlanca
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Where do i start?? Thank you to Tripadvisor for the amazing reviews which made allowed me to have such a great experience. My fiance and i went to Negril to get married and what an amazing experience we had. The place is truly a hidden GEM!!! The place is breath taking the minute you pull into the driveway. The staff is amazing and go out of their way to accomodate. The food is great, our room "Aries" had the best view of the ocean off the balcony. So calming and beautiful!! I was even surprised to see that even the GUESTs were amazing at well. Our nuptials were on the grounds by the cliffs, and a couple sent us a glass of champagne, just to come back from taking pictures another couple brought us a bottle of champagne!!! We felt so LOVED. You know a place is amazing when the majority of the people there were on their 3rd or 4th trip back..lol If you question whether to stay at Catch, close your eyes and go for..you won't regret it. We will go back for our anniversary!!!

Room Tip: Get a suite on the top floor, the view of the ocean and the cliffs are amazing!!! Aries!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank InsatiableBea
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately we had to leave catcha. Today 2 employees were sweep into the ocean in rough seas and one drowned, the other was missing when we left.

My wife of 3 days (honeymoon - sky cottage - really awesome) - is a nurse and was performing chest compressions on an employee that ultimately passed away.

Our hearts are broken for the family's and the staff but we choose to leave the property and move down the road.

We anticipate nothing but the upmost professionalism refunding the rest of our stay as there was no way we could continue our dream honeymoon after today's events.

We fell in love with the property, hopefully management will make the necessary changes to make it a little safer now.

Note- no lifeguard on duty and the sea was extremely rough today. It was very scary surf. The employees was removing the ladders that lead into the water. It's a real tragedy. .

We hope to return one day but don't know when. Next year, back to the beach.

By the way - Ivan's food is outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank mawith99
catcha, General Manager at Catcha Falling Star, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

The owners, management and staff of Catcha Falling Star extend their
deepest sympathy to the families of Tristan and Damion following the recent
tragic accident.

Both Tristan and Damion were outstanding employees and colleagues and will be deeply missed.

Safety procedures at Catcha Falling Star have been thoroughly reviewed
and the hotel wishes to assure guests and staff that every step is
being taken to ensure safety on the property.

We thank everybody for their understanding and co-operation during
this very sad time.