“5th time and it keeps getting better” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Negril
Los Angeles, California
“5th time and it keeps getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love this place.... From the amazing staff, to the fabulous food, to the rustic but extremely clean rooms, I am officially hooked. Once you go you know. Now if you are looking for Ritz Carlton, please do not go. This place is laid back, chill, fun and everything I could ever want in a botique property. Big ups to Kevin, Ty , Keneisha, Mauvette, Andrea, Susan, Jackie, Sanjay, Garfield and the entire kitchen, Barbara, Tanisha, Vivi, and everyone else there who works hard to make certain that you have nothing but a great vacation.

Room Tip: Book early
1 Thank boogerlayne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Catcha continues to improve. Even with the drought this year the foilage was abundant after the devastation wreaked by Ivan. And the views from the many private areas in the cliff side are just awesome. The accomodations all seem to have a personal touch that make them feel like home. The restaurant and bar have good prices and nice portions of great food. The jerk chicken penne pasta is still my favorite for supper but I think my new favorite for breakfast is the stuffed potatoe... And the staff - all of them are great and very personable, almost like family. We'll be going back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The staff is very nice, our room was brand new and quite beautiful, and the restaurant/bar was great but I just couldn't get past the state of the lounge areas all around the cliffs and pool. It was run down and I wouldn't even think of resting on any of the loungers. I actually set my towel on the cliff edge and rested there. Some of the cushions looked like they havn't been tended to in years although the house keeping for rooms was excellent. It was weird. Some things seem very nice and new. It was dissappointing because it looked like some areas were really nice at one time but just not kept up. Makes me wonder what the new stuff will look like in a few years. The worst area in particular was a few loungers that had green and white discolored cushions on them and there is this bed set into the cliffs that I would have loved to use if only it didn't look so very used. Also the ladders in and out of the water are all rusted except one. Regardless of this we still enjoyed being there.it's very difficult not to enjoy being on the cliffs..it's very laidback and the staff makes you feel at home.

4 Thank azulisland
catcha, General Manager at Catcha Falling Star, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive reviews on Ivan's Restaurant. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the staff.We do apologize for the waterside as we had damage from Hurricane Sandy which we are currently working on at the moment. we also have new sun lounges and new covers for that area.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just returned from our 5th visit to Catcha. My husband and I were married on the property 3 years ago. We go back every year on or near our anniversary. We cannot stay away from the enchanting property and our family (the staff). We have many choices of accomodations between 7 mile beach and the West End, but we would not stay anywhere else. After looking at 13 resorts for our wedding, we can say for absolute certainty, there is NO place like home (Catcha).

Room Tip: Libra and Sagi are our favorites!
4 Thank Jordan K
High River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Heaven on earth. The people, the location, the food, the privacy, the easy acsess to the beach or the south coast, the magical ambiance that is Jamaica, are all captured at catcha. Perfect weather in oct, sitting on the cliffs looking across the carribean knowing your right where your supposed to be!

• Stayed October 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I visited Negril in October, and had the pleasure of staying at Catcha for almost two weeks. This was not our first trip to Negril and will definitely not be our last! We have a stayed on the 7 Mile Beach side in all inclusives in the past, and decided to give the Cliffs a try. The cliff side is absolutely the best.

First of all, the cliffs of Negril are breath taking themselves, and swimming/snorkeling is much more enjoyable in deep water. Also it is much more private, and of course, the sunsets are exquisite!

The absolute BEST part of Catcha is the staff. Absolutely top notch, friendly and warm. My husband became ill during our stay, and several of the staff "adopted us" as family to ensure comfort during his illness. Our housekeeper, Ms. Nan, really and truly took care of us. Her daily visits included hugs, chats, and whatever my husband or I needed to stay comfortable. We will be lifelong friends. The restaurant staff, particularly Carol, Keneisha and Tanisha were amazing. They sent for fruit that my husband could eat, had the kitchen make him a rich chicken/vegetable stock that he could drink, and kept me distracted with laughter and stories of their wonderful children. The owners were friendly and fun, and the office staff and management bent over backwards to ensure that all was not lost during this vacation. Special and hearty thank yous to Mauvette, Andrea, Jane and Suzanne. Kevin and Ty are the best bartenders on the island.

We arrived during our second week of vacation, and we stayed in the Venus. The suites are amazing - they are apartments with a full kitchen, minus a proper stove. They include a two burner hot plate for cooking. The rooms are much nicer than they appear in the website photos. Nice furnishings, a very comfortable bed, and lovely decorative touches. The view from our balcony was terrific.

The views and the swimming are wonderful, and the owners have added many new additions to the property including expanding Ivan's Bar (great idea!) and building two more suites. They were nearly complete when we left and they are gorgeous!

The food is fantastic. There is a reason why Ivan's Bar and Restaurant is #2 on Trip Advisor for Negril. Fresh and delicious! If you go, you must try either the fish of the day (Grilled, Jerk or Blackened) OR the Jerk Chicken pasta. I could not get enough of it! For breakfast, you must try the Ackee and Saltfish, caliloo and johnny cakes. I tried it and was amazed how delicious it was and now understand why it is a Jamaican staple.

Lastly, Catcha is a very social, fun place to stay. We made several new friends from the States who visit Catcha annually or even more often (wow!). Many have become friends and schedule dinners and pub crawls together. We certainly understand why.

Word is that Libra and Sagittarius are the BEST rooms, even though we were happy with Venus.

Room Tip: Word on the street is that Sagi and Libra are the best (and we did get a peek). We were very happy...
2 Thank Andrea Z
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I wanted to tell you we had such an awesome time with you all, (even through the construction). I hope your place is looking as perfect as we expected it to be.
We had so much fun; I wanted to plan a trip for another group. Back in September, we stayed with you and It was amazing. I am trying to gather up a little info for my husbands’ 40th birthday and we were thinking of coming in May (our dates are flexible) and wanted to see what kind of availability, rates, deals, and info I could get from you.

We are looking forward to the trip already.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple