New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Tampa, Florida, United States
“We are coming back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I wanted to tell you we had such an awesome time with you all, (even through the construction). I hope your place is looking as perfect as we expected it to be.
We had so much fun; I wanted to plan a trip for another group. Back in September, we stayed with you and It was amazing. I am trying to gather up a little info for my husbands’ 40th birthday and we were thinking of coming in May (our dates are flexible) and wanted to see what kind of availability, rates, deals, and info I could get from you.

We are looking forward to the trip already.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toni P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a memorable stay at Catcha Falling Star. This is a "get-a-way" that is a must do. We stayed at the Sun Suite and we were not disappointed. Our reservation and stay went as planned and the entire staff must be complemented. The rom a bit small, but was very well kept. Houskeeping staff were spot on, clean bathroon daily, clean fresh smell as you open the door after leaving and returning.

The view was breath taking... very romantic settings, the sunset and overall, cliffs and we even saw the dolphins while relaxing and meditating on the pool deck. Ivan's is awesome !!! Service excellent. The entire staff overall were made us feel like "home away from home" The management staff were always visible and the smiles from all members of staff was forever there. Tanika is a must have at any hotel and is a BIG asset to this establishment. We are looking forward to another memorable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol C
KNOXVILLLE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am traveling to Negril in November 2012 and staying for 30+ days . I emailed Catcha Falling Star "Cliffs stay@catchajamaica.com 2 times within 2 days of each other. I sent them a private message on the Negril.com website ( following day) on which they are a sponsor and I sent them a private message on their Facebook page asking for a quote for the 30+ day stay that I had planned. After 2 more days, without response from Catcha or their reps, I posted on their Facebook page and asked "if this is how they normally conduct business". Their response.....erase my post.

I have never stayed at Catcha and now, I never will but this speaks volumes as to their customer relations and any void of the customer care of which I am accustom from other Negril hotels that actually appreciate paying customers.

It should be possible to give 0 stars, it is certain it is deserved! The form asked for when I traveled, my response is inaccurate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank rkcollier
Greenacres
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at catcha star in august and at first when we approached the entrance we thought we had made a mistake but we were greated by the most pleasant lady sorry we forgot her name. The ambiance of the property was truly romantic especially at night my partner was very impressed with the ambiance of the place .Guys this is not Ritz Calton but i can tell you i have stayed at 4 star all inclusive hotels in the past and there rooms were not as well kept as the ones at at catch star. We also had a beautiful view. We had to leave early due to the threat of a hurricane but we sure will be back. Just one thing we missed the all inclusive deals but the plus is there are great food in negril.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jackie M
Sturtevant, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Catcha from 10/2/12-10/9/12 for our 6th anniversary. We stayed in the Pieces room, which I frankly hated. The room is small, the bed is lumpy, the bathroom is tiny, the outdoor shower does not drain well. The AC works well, but in order to run it you have to close all of the wood slats, which means there are no windows/sunlight. It was hot and we ran the AC all week, which made it feel like we were in a cave. I also found the furnishings shabby. There were tiny ants everywhere in the room. This room is also very close to the street and nightly there were extremely loud dogs barking and howling. The property across the street has a ton of dogs and they are LOUD. However, I did hear better things about other rooms, so I think I would've had a different feeling about this trip if my hubby would've booked a different room--specifically one of the modern rooms in the building rather than one of the cottages. The cottages just aren't my style.

I also found parts of the grounds run down in small ways. In several areas the path lights were broken and needed to be replaced. This sounds picky, but because this resort is on a cliff this is a saftey issue. The hot tub was inoperable our entire trip. Some of the pads of the beach chairs looked very worn and dirty. These are all small things that could have been fixed easily and it's a shame they weren't attended to.

We got an excellent rate on our room due to the construction. They extended Ivan's bar and it is lovely. The new building that they are working on also looks very nice. The construction was only during the day and did not really affect us. I'm hoping that they get around to the things I mentioned above once they finish the construction of the new building. Ivan's Bar is complete and like I said, it's beautiful.

The good:

Staff is very friendly and will accomodate you in every way possible.
Ivan's food/drinks are excellent (but do take a long time coming)
Housekeeping is immaculate.
The cliffs/sunset are beautiful.
Very laid back and relaxing place.
Right next door to Rick's Cafe.
Never had a problem getting beach towels.

The Dissapointing:

The Pieces Room in general
The snorkling gear, while provided free of charge is in sorry shape.
The hot tub being out of order.
No shampoo/conditioner provided in the rooms... only bar soap.
Minor maintenence issues that were not addressed, such as path lights being out.

Room Tip: Book the building if you want a modern room. The Pieces room was very rustic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TheStephGee
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our first exposure to Jamaica. Our only previous exposure prior to this trip was listening to Bob Marley’s Legend Cd. We stayed at Catcha for only 2 days and we were not treated like we were leaving in two days. The attitude at this hotel is very laid back and easy going and if you are just starting your research this is the attitude of Jamaica.
We stayed in the Libra suite, a well situated, nicely nestled romantic little spot.
We arranged transport from the airport through Catcha and had no issues. Our driver was on time and after listening to everyone else’s music selections, he also had the best taste in music. A good guy considering we didn’t want to stop for a beer on the way. We had a tough time forming coherent sentences because we hadn't slept for 36 hours. Best of all he didn't judge when a grown man said something about his grand kids and offered him Canadian candy. I was glad we had this awkward moment because I was able to avoid it happening with anyone else on the trip.
We ate dinner that night at Ivan's. Great food and service. To that couple that had diner at Ivan's after we left, I’m sorry for lounging in all my fatness in the front of the Libra suite, nobody should have to endure that during a romantic diner.
We had a budget and with the food being higher quality at Ivan's we ventured out and enjoyed some amazing local fare nearby. We brought liquor back to our resort and didn't feel like we had to hide it, plus they supplied the ice for our drinks. If there was a discount for patrons, a beer tub, happy hour or a bar menu with cheaper eats we would have spent more money at the hotel.
You will meet some great locals if you walk any direction from this resort. I found that when I didn't have any money nobody wanting to sell me anything and I was able to meet people on a more personal level.
Cabs are abundant outside but if you want to avoid the hustle just ask front desk to call you a cab. When exiting a cab you will get run over if you exit on the wrong side into oncoming traffic.
Security was on point. They knew the deal and watched out for you.
The only thing that was disappointing for me only was the peanut butter cake. The cake itself was the best dessert I had in Jamaica but please for the love of fudge give the fat guy with a Jamaican munchie attack a bigger slice of pie. I ate two slices slowly. I don't eat slowly. I almost went to barter for the whole pie but my wife stopped me on account of Ivan's being a fine restaurant and not a bakery.
Extra special thanks go out to Mauvette. Listen to her advice - she knows what she is talking about.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yalpdotca
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent part of my birthday week at Catcha. I had a great time and I never want to leave. Andrea, Mauvette and the rest of the staff really go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. The new rooms and new bar are very nice additions to Catcha. Can't wait to get back!!

Thank you Catcha for a nice birthday.

R