Catcha Falling Star
$313
$190
$90
$65
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$58
$192
$160
$854
$484
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
1,071 results
All reviewsivan's barthe cliffpenne pastasky cottageoutdoor showerrick's cafewest endbarking dogsfamous vincentltu pubfront gatelounge chairsday bedthe cottagescaribbean sealaid backthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at catcha star in august and at first when we approached the entrance we thought we had made a mistake but we were greated by the most pleasant lady sorry we forgot her name. The ambiance of the property was truly romantic especially at night my partner was very impressed with the ambiance of the place .Guys this is not Ritz Calton but i can tell you i have stayed at 4 star all inclusive hotels in the past and there rooms were not as well kept as the ones at at catch star. We also had a beautiful view. We had to leave early due to the threat of a hurricane but we sure will be back. Just one thing we missed the all inclusive deals but the plus is there are great food in negril.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Catcha from 10/2/12-10/9/12 for our 6th anniversary. We stayed in the Pieces room, which I frankly hated. The room is small, the bed is lumpy, the bathroom is tiny, the outdoor shower does not drain well. The AC works well, but in order to run it you have to close all of the wood slats, which means there are no windows/sunlight. It was hot and we ran the AC all week, which made it feel like we were in a cave. I also found the furnishings shabby. There were tiny ants everywhere in the room. This room is also very close to the street and nightly there were extremely loud dogs barking and howling. The property across the street has a ton of dogs and they are LOUD. However, I did hear better things about other rooms, so I think I would've had a different feeling about this trip if my hubby would've booked a different room--specifically one of the modern rooms in the building rather than one of the cottages. The cottages just aren't my style.

I also found parts of the grounds run down in small ways. In several areas the path lights were broken and needed to be replaced. This sounds picky, but because this resort is on a cliff this is a saftey issue. The hot tub was inoperable our entire trip. Some of the pads of the beach chairs looked very worn and dirty. These are all small things that could have been fixed easily and it's a shame they weren't attended to.

We got an excellent rate on our room due to the construction. They extended Ivan's bar and it is lovely. The new building that they are working on also looks very nice. The construction was only during the day and did not really affect us. I'm hoping that they get around to the things I mentioned above once they finish the construction of the new building. Ivan's Bar is complete and like I said, it's beautiful.

The good:

Staff is very friendly and will accomodate you in every way possible.
Ivan's food/drinks are excellent (but do take a long time coming)
Housekeeping is immaculate.
The cliffs/sunset are beautiful.
Very laid back and relaxing place.
Right next door to Rick's Cafe.
Never had a problem getting beach towels.

The Dissapointing:

The Pieces Room in general
The snorkling gear, while provided free of charge is in sorry shape.
The hot tub being out of order.
No shampoo/conditioner provided in the rooms... only bar soap.
Minor maintenence issues that were not addressed, such as path lights being out.

Room Tip: Book the building if you want a modern room. The Pieces room was very rustic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheStephGee
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our first exposure to Jamaica. Our only previous exposure prior to this trip was listening to Bob Marley’s Legend Cd. We stayed at Catcha for only 2 days and we were not treated like we were leaving in two days. The attitude at this hotel is very laid back and easy going and if you are just starting your research this is the attitude of Jamaica.
We stayed in the Libra suite, a well situated, nicely nestled romantic little spot.
We arranged transport from the airport through Catcha and had no issues. Our driver was on time and after listening to everyone else’s music selections, he also had the best taste in music. A good guy considering we didn’t want to stop for a beer on the way. We had a tough time forming coherent sentences because we hadn't slept for 36 hours. Best of all he didn't judge when a grown man said something about his grand kids and offered him Canadian candy. I was glad we had this awkward moment because I was able to avoid it happening with anyone else on the trip.
We ate dinner that night at Ivan's. Great food and service. To that couple that had diner at Ivan's after we left, I’m sorry for lounging in all my fatness in the front of the Libra suite, nobody should have to endure that during a romantic diner.
We had a budget and with the food being higher quality at Ivan's we ventured out and enjoyed some amazing local fare nearby. We brought liquor back to our resort and didn't feel like we had to hide it, plus they supplied the ice for our drinks. If there was a discount for patrons, a beer tub, happy hour or a bar menu with cheaper eats we would have spent more money at the hotel.
You will meet some great locals if you walk any direction from this resort. I found that when I didn't have any money nobody wanting to sell me anything and I was able to meet people on a more personal level.
Cabs are abundant outside but if you want to avoid the hustle just ask front desk to call you a cab. When exiting a cab you will get run over if you exit on the wrong side into oncoming traffic.
Security was on point. They knew the deal and watched out for you.
The only thing that was disappointing for me only was the peanut butter cake. The cake itself was the best dessert I had in Jamaica but please for the love of fudge give the fat guy with a Jamaican munchie attack a bigger slice of pie. I ate two slices slowly. I don't eat slowly. I almost went to barter for the whole pie but my wife stopped me on account of Ivan's being a fine restaurant and not a bakery.
Extra special thanks go out to Mauvette. Listen to her advice - she knows what she is talking about.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yalpdotca
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent part of my birthday week at Catcha. I had a great time and I never want to leave. Andrea, Mauvette and the rest of the staff really go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. The new rooms and new bar are very nice additions to Catcha. Can't wait to get back!!

Thank you Catcha for a nice birthday.

R

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank luvjamaica2
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This property has the best location, right on the water, down the street from Rick's Cafe. We had the LEO room. AWESOME! Modern and well decorated. Roomy two bedrooms, a living room, patio overlooking the sea. I highly recommend paying extra to stay at one of the new rooms if you care about room comfort and space. I didn't care for the temperpedic bed in one room but that's just my preference so I slept fine in the other room. We looked at the Gemini Cottage before booking LEO and the Gemini is pretty much a bedroom and bathroom. There was construction going on but it did not bother us at all. The grounds are lush but not as meticulous as you expect from the website. The main source of food and drinks is Ivan's Restaurant/Bar. The service is a bit slow, but everybody we met were very sweet and hospitable, the decor is fun and comfortable and attractive. Everything we ate was delicious especially the chicken soup, seafood linguine and bananas flambe. And the views are unbeatable! It's a quiet resort with no activities, so don't come here expecting things to do but lounging, drinking, swimming, snorkeling, unless you take a taxi or the shuttle somewhere. We did walk to Rick's Cafe and enjoyed lunch there then watched cliff divers, and took pictures of a beautiful sunset. There is a mini mart across the street where we picked up some snacks and drinks for our room. Lots of locals hanging out there. Overall a good experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple