“Awesome!!!!”

Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Tropical bliss, great service and excellent staff. The best sunset views in Negril. I had an excellent time. I enjoyed the outdoor shower the best.

This was a business trip and I made a last minute reservation so I spent the first night at Catch a Falling Star and the second night at Catch a Falling Star Garden. I had an early meeting so I had to leave and they took care of getting my things to the other property. Can't say enough about the wonderful staff. I can't wait for my next trip and it will not be business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LuvNegril2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Planning a wedding is not an easy task…especially a destination one. We had been to Catcha once before on vacation and fell in love with the place. We thought that it would be our perfect wedding destination but we did not know how perfect it would actually be.

We worked with Andrea via email to make it all happen. She was organized, knowledgeable, positive and made the planning process a wonderful experience. Andrea was truly amazing throughout the entire process and she also had great recommendations for vendors that we could use in Jamaica. (Paul from Sound illusion Ent for our DJ, Rosemarie from Floral Fantasy for the bouquets, Debra from Queen bee salon for hair/makeup and Jo & Kristina from Kristina Lee Photography for all of our amazing pictures). Every single person we worked with was professional, did amazing work and made the day that much more perfect. Special thanks to Kristina Lee Photography for traveling all of the way from Cali!

We descended on Catcha on August 15th with twenty family members and had the experience of a life time. The property was amazing, the staff was the best, food was great and everyone went out of their way to make sure that every detail imaginable was perfect for our vacation/wedding. Andrea, Mauvett, Ty, Kevin, Wayne and so many more amazing people….made our trip even more special. We would recommend Catcha to anyone who loves great people, good vibes, breathtaking views and loves life.

Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Catcha is absolutely awesome! Literally the best vacation I have ever had and probably ever will. We cannot wait to go back. Construction was not an issue whatsoever. The people are friendly and the food is excellent. Relaxation at it's finest, mon! Cannot say enough about the place!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kcgator99
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have stayed up and down the cliffs in Negril and Catcha Falling Star has become our favorite.

We had our 10 year anniversary there a couple years ago. It was fantastic! When the power went out during our anniversary meal, it was no problem. They took care of us very well.

The cliff access is amazing, with a great inlet and sturdy ladders. The water is very deep immediately; for safe cliff jumping.

Staff is wonderful, everyone very friendly. Great food and drinks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, MO
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was our first stay at this resort. We chose it due to the very good reviews here on Trip Advisor, the location of the resort of the cliffs and the very good price that was offered. I should mention that we were staying during the period of construction. Though I was somewhat concerned about there being construction going on at the time it did not turn out to be a huge problem. Some noise, dirt and incovenience avoiding the construction workers though they all seemed aware of their surroundings and would try to make your passing by safe and easy. I was comfortable that the discount offered during the construction made up for the inconvenience and the fact that the construction was communicated during the reservation process worked in their favor.
We stayed in one of the newer looking apartment style rooms. This being September, air conditioning in the bedroom was an absolute necessity for us. The A/C worked very well, the room was well furnished and bed comfortable. A small TV with satellite reception in the bedroom was appreciated though it is not a flat screen TV. We did not use the kitchenette at all other than using the refrigerator. We had no plans on cooking and had we planned on cooking, the kitchenette would have been servicable though certainly not easy to prepare a large meal with. The overall condition of the room was good but the rooms do get a lot of use so there is some wear and tear evident. The rooms were very clean though my wife was somewhat disturbed about some ants in the kitchenette and bathroom that were noticed on arrival. We never left any open food around and the ants dissappeared rather quickly. The view from the room balcony cannot be beat though the furniture of the patio could have some of the cushions replaced. The bathroom was OK in size and condition but they should replace the shower rod with the curved style that keeps the shower curtain out of your way when showering.
The resort grounds are very well manicured and you can tell they take great pride in caring for the plants.
The common areas around the ocean, bar and pool are the highlight of this resort. Several areas to choose from offer terrific views and access to the ocean. Some of the spots lend themselves better to privacy if desired. We did purchase beer at a market and took our own to these areas when chilling by the ocean.
Ivan's is every bit as good as the claims. Each meal was delicious, even the hamburgers! They had many choices of a more local nature but a midwest boy needs a burger once in awhile. The bartenders also make an excellent cocktail.
This is not a luxury, go to get pampered style of resort. I somewhat expected more attention from the staff given the high rating here. We did not know that snorkling equipment was available until half way through our stay and they did not mention the complimentary coffee in the morning at check in either. I still wonder what else we may have missed. All that said, we are very low maintenance travelers and though I point these issues out, they are not complaints. I can also say that whenever approached, all of the resort personnel were very nice, gracious and helpful.
We did have one poor experience with one of the drivers stationed here. We had mostly used route taxis to get around and had no problems with them but decided to use one of the guys that was there for a trip to the beach. Though he tried to overcharge us he finally relented but he had also tried to give us false information regarding the use of taxis and the rates. This happened on our last night there so I did not have a chance to tell management but the message to take from this is to know what to pay and how to use route taxis and taxis in general because you never know which ones are completely trustworthy.
There are several bars and restaurants within walking distance of Catcha. We mostly walked it during the day. You will be approached by vendors however I did not feel harassed at any time. Just be aware of your surroundings and the traffic.
I can and do recommend this resort. I also hope to return soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NegrilSalute
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I really can't even begin to tell you how much I love Catcha Falling Star. This is a truly amazing property with a staff that is TOP notch! I stayed here on my 2nd trip to Negril, and it blew the first out of the water....all because of the great vibes here. This is a stunning place located on the cliffs (which are super fun for diving, snorkeling, swimming, sunning, etc).

The Moon cottage (which is similar to star), is beautiful!!!!!! The living area/kitchen are comfortable and functional. Note that there is not a oven/stove. The bedrooms are nice sizes with excellent storage space/closets, and nice comfy beds. The outdoor shower is really fun.....but my favorite thing about Moon is the porch. It wraps almost completely around and has a bar, table/chairs, daybed, and hammock....oh and a lovely view of the caribbean to boot. Pretty good for a couple ;)

The staff at Catcha: Y'all are the BEST!!! I hope you all read this, it's been awhile since I was there but I wanted you to all know how much I appreciate you. First you have fantastic security and will always feel warmly welcomed and safe as if coming home, YES. The front office ladies are friendly, helpful, and accomodating. talented gardner maintains the beautiful grounds with pride and it shows. It will take your breath away. The bartenders are SO much fun...great guys ;) Chefs know what they're doin back there in the kitchen...DELISH! Love the food and drinks at Ivans Bar. And all I can say is I just LOVE all the GALS at Catcha!!! I miss YOU all just as much as I miss Negril....you make it feel like home. Wish I could stay forever haha. xxoo

Catcha is the best in my book. You can't go wrong. They have something to suit just about anyone's preferences. For me....it's the cottages....like another world. Truly is a special spot on the Cliffs of Negril's West End.....The BEST end ;)

Big UPs Catcha!!!

~ Tizzy

Room Tip: If you want a little more luxury as well as air conditioning, you should look into the rooms in the...