Catcha Falling Star
$139
$58
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $69/night.

$179
$270
$156
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$60
$109
$53
  • Pool
$182
$159
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$153
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
$135
$49
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
TripAdvisor
$240
1,083 results
All reviewsivan's barthe cliffpenne pastastar cottagesky cottageoutdoor showerwest endrick's cafebarking dogsfamous vincentfront gateltu publounge chairsday bedthe cottagescaribbean seathe entire staff
Reviewed April 29, 2012

After reading so many glowing reviews of Catcha, I couldn't believe our good luck when they had the Star room available when we decided to extend our vacation. For reference, we were at Idle Awhile one night, then Tensing Pen for four, then Catcha for two. We have stayed at The Rockhouse three times in the past.

Start with the good: Ivan's! We loved the food here! We came one night we were at Tensing Pen and were so excited to move to Catcha so we could also have breakfast and lunch there as well. (Ivan's is only open to the public for dinner.) We live in NYC and we love good food, Ivan's was absolutely terrific!

The atmosphere in general at night is fun, festive, and tipsy. Fun people at the bar, fun servers, it was a nice switch after enjoying the quiet seclusion of Tensing. It's way more subdued during the day. We liked how the sunning areas are built into the cliffs, gives everyone a bit of privacy. Teeny pool in the middle of the restaurant area. Grounds have little flowerpot-lined paths, not as lush as some places but cute and charming.

Ok, now for the room. A few little changes could make a huge difference. Get some new comfy beds, upgrade the linens and awful duvet, trash the kitschy decorations, put some--any--amenities in the bathroom. The bathroom itself was modern and bright. Nicer than TP. But no shampoo? We don't even travel with things like that since they are standard. Not at Catcha (although they offered to go to the store to buy us what we needed which was extraordinarily nice). Big wraparound porch which seemed somehow private even though it was right along the paths people walked to get to Ivan's.

No AC in Star but we didn't need it. But AC may have helped block out outside noise (people walking past, heard dogs a couple times, birds, gardeners and kitchen in the am). I am a light sleeper but even with my multiple white noise machines, I was woken up a few times. But not surprising and not a deal breaker.

Honestly, I don't think Catcha is in the same category as Tensing Pen and The Rockhouse. We had fun at Catcha but I was glad we were only there briefly and we wouldn't stay there again unless they made improvements to the rooms. Right now, I would say they are below average but Ivan's brings the entire rating up.

Stayed: April 2012
9  Thank lalabbott
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Where to begin this review.... how about from the start!

Months ago I started planning a 5-day vacation for my boyfriend and I, just to get away. From Atlanta, flights to Jamaica seemed affordable. Negril as the final destination seemed like somewhere cool (I had never been to Jamaica). Catcha was the #1 rated place in Negril, AND affordable! So, I decided this was our place.
Check-in was easy - we stayed 2 nights at the Gemini 1 and one night at the Venus. Prior reviews of the Gemini 1 mentioned hearing walking on nearby paths and barking dogs, but neither of these were a problem for us. There was also mention of paper-thin walls but with that in mind, I banged my fist on the wall one night and it's definitely solid concrete!, so no problems with noise frome the neighboring side. It was a small cottage, not a lot of space - but that's our usual style. The bathroom was great, updated, plenty of hot/cold water. The AC unit worked great during the warm nights (and also acted as good white noise to drown out whatever sounds were nearby). I wanted to treat us to a fancy room while we were there, so our 3rd an last night was in the Venus. Originally booking the Aries (the other top floor villa unit), Adreia at the front desk (very nice and helpful!) told me on the morning of the 3rd day the Aries wouldn't be ready until the normal afternoon check-in time, BUT that the Venus, which was the other top floor villa, was available immediately, for the same place, pretty much the same exact room except for the left-hand side of the building, if we wanted that one instead. Sure! We took the option and were able to move into our new unit right away, which was spectacular. What a terrific view this unit has. It's big too, has a separate living room and full eat-in kitchen. We spent day and night on most of the deck outside though!
Ivan's bar/restaurant is AWESOME. During my stay there I had the crab cakes, a cheeseburger, and my FAVORITE, the jerk chicken penne pasta!! So good. SO good in fact that we didn't really bother but once to go outside the grounds to find other food.
There is a little grocery store right outside of Catcha, which is good if you want to make a quick Red Stripe run (which we made a few).
The cliffs: love them! Such a different feel than a crowded, vendor-packed beach. One of the best things about Catcha as a whole is the ratio of grounds space to villas. I think there was only 15 or 16 units, but there is lots of space on the cliffs, at the pool, at the restaurant to hang out. Even with full occupancy, we felt like we had a lot of space to ourselves!! This was something I haven't really experienced at other top-rated places. Back to the cliffs though, there are lots of perches to launch yourself off of, which of course we did. We got a snorkle one day and explored around nearby.
One more thing to mention, my boyfriend asked me to marry him on morning #2 of our stay - in the Gemini - and I said yes. :-) Nothing like a beautiful engagement ring to go along with a beautiful resort and good weather, what else would I girl want on a 5-day vacation?! I am not sure when we will visit Jamaica again, but it's hard to imagine us staying anywhere but Catcha. The 5-star reviews are legit. It is a special, fantastic place.

I am not posting pictures at this time, but I will in the near future! I have a plenty!

TIPS: Bring cash for meals. I don't think you can leave a tip charged to your room, so if you don't have some change I'm not sure how you'd leave the good waitstaff tips.
BOOK EARLY! Seems like this place, and the top-notch units, are booked way in advance.
Make friends with Melton, a cab driver who frequents Catcha. He is good people, doesn't try and rip you off. He took us back to the airport, into downtown Negril one day, and to the Negril Hills golf course another day.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Five years ago we started traveling to Jamaica and Catcha Falling Star is where we stayed.....and every year since then we have come back. It is so beautiful and the people there are awesome. Two years ago my now husband proposed to me there with lots of help from the staff at Catcha. It is just a special place. The food is excellent!! We have drifted off and eaten at places near by, but for the last couple years we dare not eat anywhere else. The food is just too delicious at Catcha. (You do have to have a Pattie while you are there though! ;) It is just a short, snokel swim or quick walk away from Rick's Cafe. It is on the Travel Channel as one of the most visted vacation spots for beautiful sunsets.....BUT you can see the very same sunset from Catcha! We have been to Jamaica as a couple multiple times and we have also come with friends, every experience has been a great one. I would recommend this spot to anyone!! Stay at Catcha Falling Star, snorkel with Vincent (ask for him at the office and he will pick you up right off the cliffs), go down to the 7 mile beach one day and check out the craft market, make sure you have a Pattie while you are there, eat Catcha's food (I'm telling you....it's the best!), and go see the cliff jumping one afternoon at Rick's Cafe (something you have never seen and will never forget!) If you are a drinker....Ivan's Bar is visited by many! It is located inside Catcha! They make tasty drinks and it is a great atmosphere. I can't say enough good about this place and Jamaica.

Room Tip: No matter what you may think, you do need an air conditioner!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We've always stayed on the beach so this was our first stay on the west end and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. We chose the Aries suite for the beautiful view of the ocean from the balcony which was spectacular. Stepping out of the bedroom each morning with that type of view really starts the day off right. The staff makes you feel at home as soon as you arrive. Everyone was helpful and friendly and available if you needed something. Thanks Mauvette for getting the One Love Bus to come back to get us so we could do the pub crawl. It was a blast! The food at Ivan's was consistently the best we've had in Negril. Loved it there.

Room Tip: We had no noise problems in Aries. Slept well.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NodakFargo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We read up on Catcha Falling Star on TripAdvisor, and had high expectations so naturally I was a bit skeptical to see if it would live up to the hype. All too often, your expectations become too great to be satisfied and you end up a little disappointed. Not so with this place!

The beauty of the property cannot be overstated. It's amazing. Our rooms were excellent and service was on par with everything I've heard. Very friendly and personal. Most remembered our names from the first day.

And the food... wow! We ventured off the resort many times to explore and visit other places, but the best food by far was right there at the resort.

I really enjoyed jumping off the cliffs into the ocean. What a thrill! It's also a perfect place for couples - no kids allowed! :-)

I would definitely stay there again, and highly recommend it to anyone considering a visit to Negril.

Room Tip: If you can, be flexible with your dates so that you can book the Sagittarius cottage. It's the best place on the property, and worth every penny!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple